• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Increase in HDFC credit card limit but subject to cibil hit and internal checks, should i opt it or no?

CardTox

TF Premier
I applied for increase in my credit card limit by writing them an email along with my ITR and salary slip. They have responded that after reviewing your documents we can increase your CC limit by Rs. 24,000 (twenty four thousands rupees) subject to cibil hit and internal checks.
So guys my question is that should i proceed to increase my limit of 24k risking the cibil hit?
Currently I am using Millennia CC with 236,000 limit and if i respond them to proceed the total limit will be Rs. 260,000.Will it be worth increase at the cost of cibil check? I am a salaried and have a saving account in hdfc over 5 years.
Note: I have never utilised more than 50% of the cc limit.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for increase in my credit card limit by writing them an email along with my ITR and salary slip. They have responded that after reviewing your documents we can increase your CC limit by Rs. 24,000 (twenty four thousands rupees) subject to cibil hit and internal checks.
So guys my question is that should i proceed to increase my limit of 24k risking the cibil hit?
Currently I am using Millennia CC with 236,000 limit and if i respond them to proceed the total limit will be Rs. 260,000.Will it be worth increase at the cost of cibil check? I am a salaried and have a saving account in hdfc over 5 years.
Why are you worried about cibil check. Its not such a impact as people make out to be. Its only somewhat relevant if you take a loan or if you're cibil is already bad.
If you're still worried, check cibil score on gpay. They have option to predict score if you apply another card. Not 100% accurate, but will tell you how little these things matter.

Limit increase is small, take it still. You have already done the effort.

CardTox

TF Premier
Guys i responded them saying that I don't want this pity increase of cc limit. I wrote them that hdfc is useless and i am going to close my all cc and saving bank account too! Initially they closed my case upon my response, but later i received a feedback mail from their side, and I rated them all 00. But to my surprise they have reoppened my case and gave another deadline for the resolution the same request and also they replied that one of our representative will be in your touch to know the reason behind this negative feedback!!!

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's not worth the effort.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Guys i responded them saying that I don't want this pity increase of cc limit. I wrote them that hdfc is useless and i am going to close my all cc and saving bank account too! Initially they closed my case upon my response, but later i received a feedback mail from their side, and I rated them all 00. But to my surprise they have reoppened my case and gave another deadline for the resolution the same request and also they replied that one of our representative will be in your touch to know the reason behind this negative feedback!!!
I had also rated negative once, things works sometimes.

Hope for the best.

Strange

TF Legend
In my case they didn't hit cibil even after mentioning it but still they increased my credit limit.