• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Offer for ICICI Emeralde Plastic (paid)

Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

IMG_3859.PNG

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.

Got an offer for paid Emeralde in iMobile. I hold 4 cards with ICICI bank [MMT Visa Signature (man this card is useless!), Amazon Pay, Sapphiro (LTF, Alumni offer, Limit of ICICI with 3L) & RuPay Coral (paid)].

IMG_3859.PNG

I have a regular 10000 MAB savings a/c. Interestingly my salary is much less than required threshold for Emeralde (much much less). I don't have any big relationship, just some small FD. My annual expense is hardly around 1.5 lakh and I don't travel much. But I can afford this card and it is very tempting for me right now. I know that I will never get any such offer for Infinia or DCB from HDFC (I have Millennia LTF with meagre 50000 limit), so this may be the only shot for a premium card for me (though it is paid and not that great card) for a long time. Also I may have to travel a lot in next 2-3 years after I change my job (may be I won't get the offer that time). I will also get limit enhancement for sure and may use this card to apply for other bank's credit cards.

The drawbacks are that reward rate is low and it is paid (however, I have heard this card is very rare to get LTF or even FYF). What do you people suggest? Also is there some reward point or bonus against joining fee & annual fee? Emeralde website shows none. Also if someone has link for Emeralde annual returns, please post it here. Thank you.
LTF / FYF Depends On Person to Person..

Everything is Possible...

@Tejo @jack333 can Guide you well..

Hello refer this post

That thread is for Emeralde Private Metal Credit card, no? My offer I think is for regular Emeralde. Are the both same cards? Also I couldn't find any joining bonus against annual fee and joining fee for normal Emeralde, but there is joining bonus for Emeralde Private. I had read that Emeralde is to be discontinued.

https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/emeralde-to-be-discontinued-by-icici-bank.18654/

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend

IMG_3859.PNG

Itni jaldi mt karo premium card lene ki vo bhi paid thoda sabr karo or bhi chances aayenge

Tejo

TF Legend
That thread is for Emeralde Private Metal Credit card, no? My offer I think is for regular Emeralde. Are the both same cards? Also I couldn't find any joining bonus against annual fee and joining fee for normal Emeralde, but there is joining bonus for Emeralde Private. I had read that Emeralde is to be discontinued.

https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/emeralde-to-be-discontinued-by-icici-bank.18654/
Sry I thought both are same ..... thought just metal and plastic card diff....

I don't think that they will discontinue.

Better to not take as Emeralde earns 4 RPs (1 RP = INR 0.25 as statement credit) per INR 100 ...... Paid card.

I don't think that they will give joining bonus for normal Emeralde.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

IMG_3859.PNG

If you want a paid card, there are much better options in the market.

Sry I thought both are same ..... thought just metal and plastic card diff....

I don't think that they will discontinue.

Better to not take as Emeralde earns 4 RPs (1 RP = INR 0.25 as statement credit) per INR 100 ...... Paid card.

I don't think that they will give joining bonus for normal Emeralde.
Yes. I think I will let it pass. Reward rate is very poor. On top of that, there is no welcome benefit or renewable benefits, unlike Emeralde Private. Since I am not a frequent traveller at all, this card for sure is not for me. I would have taken if I was offered Emeralde Private.
If you want a paid card, there are much better options in the market.
Unfortunately I am not eligible for them, income wise. Otherwise I would take Infinia in a heartbeat. This is what was tempting me. Only premium card which I will likely be offered for a long time.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes. I think I will let it pass. Reward rate is very poor. On top of that, there is no welcome benefit or renewable benefits, unlike Emeralde Private. Since I am not a frequent traveller at all, this card for sure is not for me. I would have taken if I was offered Emeralde Private.

Unfortunately I am not eligible for them, income wise. Otherwise I would take Infinia in a heartbeat. This is what was tempting me. Only premium card which I will likely be offered for a long time.
You should be able to get a decent upper mid-level card. Try Eterna or CB card or maybe Atlas. Way better than paying 12k for this.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

IMG_3859.PNG

bro. don't take this cc cause you would be spending in 2-3 years. from now. chill you will get this cc with FYF/LTF who know that why it called future. think positive and this card is for those you can extract value by spending you would giving money to icici for nothing.

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

ICICI claims it to be premium but very few benefits in this card is truly premium. If you are going because of premium tag then this is not it.

P.S. Who knows you might get offer of emeralde private the same way.

sahildca

TF Premier
ICICI claims it to be premium but very few benefits in this card is truly premium. If you are going because of premium tag then this is not it.

P.S. Who knows you might get offer of emeralde private the same way.
true
mere app me 1 month pahle Sapphiro paid de rha tha abhi ye Emerald paid.
kya soch ke icici ne ise top premium card bnaaya, koi reward system hai hi nahi hai dhang ka

Attachments

• IMG-20240113-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240113-WA0001.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 36

saucy

TF Ace

IMG_3859.PNG

Icici offers this based on the credit limit + existing tier of card.
Even changing the limit manually changes what card is offered.

If someone has a card with 6L+ limit, they mostly are always offered emeralde. So offer's gonna stay, don't worry.

If someone has a card with 6L+ limit, they mostly are always offered emeralde. So offer's gonna stay, don't worry.
This is what is surprising for me. I have no card of any bank with 6L+ limit. Maximum is Sapphiro with 3L limit. I have no major relationship nor my salary account is with ICICI. Therefore, Emeralde surprised me. But it would really be a stupid decision to waste Rs 15000 for a card with such a poor reward rate and no welcome or renewal benefits only for "premium". Thank you everyone for suggestions.

Tejo

TF Legend
This is what is surprising for me. I have no card of any bank with 6L+ limit. Maximum is Sapphiro with 3L limit. I have no major relationship nor my salary account is with ICICI. Therefore, Emeralde surprised me. But it would really be a stupid decision to waste Rs 15000 for a card with such a poor reward rate and no welcome or renewal benefits only for "premium". Thank you everyone for suggestions.
what was your salary?
what much fd you have maintained with icici?

Astraea

TF Premier
A month ago, it showed a paid upgrade option for Rubxy, Mine, and MMT Signature cards. Now, it's updated to offer a paid upgrade for Sapphiro, MMT Signature, and the Manchester United Signature Card. I'm sure about the base limit is 3L for the Sapphiro card idk how I am getting this upgrade though. My credit limit was 1L and got raised to 2.2L in the last week of December.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_193809_iMobile Pay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193809_iMobile Pay.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20240113_193818_iMobile Pay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193818_iMobile Pay.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20240113_193825_iMobile Pay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193825_iMobile Pay.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 42

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've been getting offer for emeralde paid for more than a year now. Already have sapphiro ltf but the offer disappeared after I took Coral Rupay LTF