• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Emeralde to be discontinued by ICICI Bank

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I spoke with a credit cards representative from ICICI this morning and accordingly to her (internal information) Emeralde is soon to be discontinued by ICICI Bank.

Any insights on this matter?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I spoke with a credit cards representative from ICICI this morning and accordingly to her (internal information) Emeralde is soon to be discontinued by ICICI Bank.

Thanks for the info.
You should have asked him her about emeralde's replacement at the same time..
May be they replace with the rumoured emeralde metal private

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I'll be just replaced with the metal version that's it.
Just like HDFC did with their infinia.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But Emeralde is not exclusive as Infinia and Emeralde is easy to get compared to Infinia.
Yes, to be honest ICICI is never into CC game with respect to loyalty rewards game..
They are good to have for vendor discounts that’s it, not for rewards hence you can have all variants their CCs

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, to be honest ICICI is never into CC game with respect to loyalty rewards game..
They are good to have for vendor discounts that’s it, not for rewards hence you can have all variants their CCs
Yes, all cards of ICICI are just meant for vendor discounts even with higher fees. Even as on date their Amazon Pay card is the best but you get some additional benefits like BOGO, UL lounge access with Gemstone cards.

Let's hope they break the barrier with Emeralde metal card and other cards follows because ICICI have one of the biggest CC base with good limits.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Diamant related information is very rare to get as many users or people will not be eligible and AFAIK one only user from forum is having it.

Not sure about the issuing of Diamant card.
ICICI ki product team konse nashe me cards ke features decide karti hai hai. HDFC Moneyback se bekar reward rate hai is card ka. Yeh card alumni offer me bhi na le koi. 😂

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the info.
You should have asked him her about emeralde's replacement at the same time..
May be they replace with the rumoured emeralde metal private
I didn't delve too much into the topic with her but she went on to talk about "how ICICI is planning on revamping its credit card offerings and be more competitive"

She spoke about some upcoming card linked to hotel chains. Yes she said "hotel chains" so it is up for anyone's guess at this time. Could be Marriott or ITC. Who knows.

Then she was all over metal and Rupay cards.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I didn't delve too much into the topic with her but she went on to talk about "how ICICI is planning on revamping its credit card offerings and be more competitive"

She spoke about some upcoming card linked to hotel chains. Yes she said "hotel chains" so it is up for anyone's guess at this time. Could be Marriott or ITC. Who knows.

Then she was all over metal and Rupay cards.
Very nice to hear that ICICI is working on their CC portfolio, it is well past about time

Reactions: 1RC