• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Experience - Infinia Metal Upgrade

Sisyphus

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks to the TF community members, I successfully upgraded my HDFC DCB LTF to HDFC Infinia Metal FYF after fighting for 3 months. Here's my story.

HDFC Relationship Context / Basic Info:
  • Banking Relationship: Savings account (Preferred) for ~13 years
  • AMB in HDFC Account: INR 10k
  • Existing Cards with HDFC Bank
    • Times Titanium Card (from 2016 onwards) - LTF - Credit Limit: 3.3L
    • Diners Black (from 2019 onwards) - LTF - Alumni Program - Credit Limit: 3.9L
  • Spends in the trailing 6 months on both cards
    • Times Titanium - INR 1.9L
    • Diners Black - INR 1L
  • Other Products with HDFC
    • Loan > 1cr
    • No other products, loans or fixed deposits
  • Main source of income: Salary
After I got rejected for the first credit card I applied for after 4+ years (Amazon Pay ICICI), I discovered TF and added an upgrade to Infinia as a target.

Data I was prepared with for the Escalation / Request for Upgrade:
  • Banking history with HDFC along with all details (Savings account, Home Loan account, length of relationship, customer ID etc)
  • ITR from last year (> INR 36L)
  • Salary Slips for the last 3 months
  • Bank statement of my salaried account from ICICI for the last 6 months
  • Details & quantum of purchases I had routed to my family/friend's cards over the last 6 months (acceptability & reward cap issues)
  • Projected spending with a detailed breakdown for the next 6 months
Chronology:
Here's where finally my RM relented for at least a Credit limit enhancement request since he was feeling bad that my upgrade request got shot down at all levels. Took ITR & salary slip over email and he helped reallocate my credit limit across the 2 cards, increasing limit by 1.65L, thus bumping up the CL of my HDFC DCB to INR 8.85L. Post this CL increase, I re-started the escalations in a different route based on a thread from @CC_Exuberant containing the image attached in this post
  • Escalation 8: BM - Branch Manager of my Home Branch. Spoke to him and sent him an email. He was realistic, and told me spends was not there and to come back only when spends exceeded INR 7.5L in a trailing 6-month period. He said he was helpless in his conversation with the internal credit card team.

• Escalation 9: My RM provided the details of the escalation matrix. I sent an email to the CH - Cluster Head. Post which he forwarded the email to my Branch Manager and he reached out to me to help build a case - NRV across the rest of the family, how much funds I could move, can I move my salary account etc. But he clearly said don't do any of this now and that he was still not confident in my case as the credit cards team seemed to be rejecting things. They asked me to 'Upgrade' to Regalia if acceptability of DCB was my issue, spend INR 7.5L and then apply for Infinia

• Escalation 10: Post-new year, I called the Cluster Manager over the phone & spoke to him. I cited 10+ examples of cases where NTB people were offered Infinia and how they were ill-treating an existing customer who had better stats than the ones who had already been given Infinia. I told him I understood I don't meet the spend criteria, but if the yardstick for granting Infinia was used consistently for all users, I wouldn't even be wasting my time escalating things. He was extremely curt, and defended HDFC throughout the conversation. I finally asked him what is the way forward. He said the BM will take up the case again and see what can be done

• Escalation 11: Throughout all the escalations post my conversation with BM (escalation 8), he was always sympathetic to my case whenever I sent him examples of profiles that have gotten Infinia as an NTB especially. I updated him on my conversation with the cluster manager and told him I don't need Infinia, I am happy with DCB LTF, but I am extremely unhappy with the way HDFC is treating existing customers and I will not stop escalating even if it means I have to go to BBH, GH, CEO if necessary.
Post the last conversation, he got my upgrade request approved in 3 days, RM asked me to fill & send a form & income documents to the home branch directly. 7 working days after that Infinia Metal FYF showed up in my net banking (image attached in the post). BM was again saying do not do anything - Moving salary account, FDs etc until I got the card in my hand.

So for existing customers - Spend of > INR 7.5L in trailing 6 months is the most important criteria apart from having a Credit Limit > INR 8L. For NTB customers having a decent salary and opening a salaried account (depending on the branch) could be more than sufficient to get an FYF Infinia Metal directly.

There were options during this journey where a ULIP of ~ INR 2L/year could have gotten me an Infinia. At this point, my investment portfolio couldn't accommodate such an investment even though the Tax-free IRR was equivalent to a good debt instrument. This is again an option if people want to diversify their investment / looking for alternative debt options.

I had a lot of support from the community through several messages and posts that I had written on this topic throughout the last 3 months. Multiple people cheering me on (@elite34700 and others) to not let existing customers be taken for a ride by large banks, thank you to everyone.

Hope this post helps someone else in their journey to Infinia Metal (or probably Infinia Reserve soon)

Attachments

• 1693896233744.jpeg
    1693896233744.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Infinia.png
    Infinia.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Excellent summary. Congratulations. What a persistent effort.

Our journey is almost similar my friend. Although mine was easier. Same 13 years, but was stuck at Regalia LTF. Never bothered for alumni offer of DCB, and forgot to click the LTF Infinia upgrade that had shown up in COVID days.

But new RM, BM were extremely supportive and got spend criteria waiver. Salary credit helped and 20L limit on existing regalia helped and took a yearly insurance plan to lock in good debt rates.

So you got the visa variant?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Congrats on the Infinia card!

As much as I hate the banks for making you go through that process, I'm happy that you didn't give up and kept going until you received the card.
Most people would have left the email trail after the second email but when you truly want something, nobody can stop you from getting it!

Sisyphus

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Excellent summary. Congratulations. What a persistent effort.

Our journey is almost similar my friend. Although mine was easier. Same 13 years, but was stuck at Regalia LTF. Never bothered for alumni offer of DCB, and forgot to click the LTF Infinia upgrade that had shown up in COVID days.

But new RM, BM were extremely supportive and got spend criteria waiver. Salary credit helped and 20L limit on existing regalia helped and took a yearly insurance plan to lock in good debt rates.

So you got the visa variant?
Nice, congrats on your journey too!

Yes the variant is Visa. When I asked my RM to check on the variant during the application process, I wanted it to be Visa specifically (Visa Infinite), he sent me screenshot of his conversation which showed the credit card team saying they are only issuing the Visa variant anyway.

Last edited:

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nice, congrats on your journey too!

Yes the variant is Visa. When I asked my RM to check on the variant during the application process, I wanted it to be Visa specifically (Visa Infinite), he sent me screenshot of his conversation which showed the credit card team saying they are only issuing the Visa variant anyway.
Yeah for DCB holders or new customers, they upgrade to Visa. For existing MC holders of HDFC CC, they have some internal policy to upgrade to MC version of Infinia metal

I have an Imperia account with them for last three years, investments in form of mutual funds, hdfc life policies. I currently have Business regalia LTF with them with 6.5 lac limit my last four months spend is 8 lac, have written to them so many times, my BM has always told he will help me but he doesnt do anything. Is there any way to get the upgrade to Infinia metal

I had a moneyback plus given to me in September 2023. Racked up 8 lacs in 4 months. Have a fairly decent ITR matching Infinia requirement. Circle Head being close friend of mine, decided to upgrade to Infinia. Lot of back and forth for 2 months and finally got Infinia FYF in Jan 2024.

SmartSave

TF Premier
Congrats. But is this so valuable that people are putting up so much fight tho?

My RM says, just hold 20-30L for 6 months and you'll most likely get the offer easily even on fresh account and many of his customers have gotten a pre-approved offer but aren't taking because they don't see any value (not into CC spends and rewards)...

My RM says, just hold 20-30L for 6 months and you'll most likely get the offer easily even on fresh account and many of his customers have gotten a pre-approved offer but aren't taking because they don't see any value (not into CC spends and rewards)...

IMO, you can extract great return if you focus on using Infinia on Smart Buy every month. I do most of my shopping on Swiggy Instamart and pay bills on Amazon so buy equivalent vouchers every month from both and get a great return. Everything else I put on Axis Atlas (including fuel which has no points but contributes to the milestones). I have the Amex Trifecta as well.

MusicalMind

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have an Imperia account with them for last three years, investments in form of mutual funds, hdfc life policies. I currently have Business regalia LTF with them with 6.5 lac limit my last four months spend is 8 lac, have written to them so many times, my BM has always told he will help me but he doesnt do anything. Is there any way to get the upgrade to Infinia metal
HDFC offers direct mutual funds through their bank account?

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks to the TF community members, I successfully upgraded my HDFC DCB LTF to HDFC Infinia Metal FYF after fighting for 3 months. Here's my story.

HDFC Relationship Context / Basic Info:
  • Banking Relationship: Savings account (Preferred) for ~13 years
  • AMB in HDFC Account: INR 10k
  • Existing Cards with HDFC Bank
    • Times Titanium Card (from 2016 onwards) - LTF - Credit Limit: 3.3L
    • Diners Black (from 2019 onwards) - LTF - Alumni Program - Credit Limit: 3.9L
  • Spends in the trailing 6 months on both cards
    • Times Titanium - INR 1.9L
    • Diners Black - INR 1L
  • Other Products with HDFC
    • Loan > 1cr
    • No other products, loans or fixed deposits
  • Main source of income: Salary
After I got rejected for the first credit card I applied for after 4+ years (Amazon Pay ICICI), I discovered TF and added an upgrade to Infinia as a target.

Data I was prepared with for the Escalation / Request for Upgrade:
  • Banking history with HDFC along with all details (Savings account, Home Loan account, length of relationship, customer ID etc)
  • ITR from last year (> INR 36L)
  • Salary Slips for the last 3 months
  • Bank statement of my salaried account from ICICI for the last 6 months
  • Details & quantum of purchases I had routed to my family/friend's cards over the last 6 months (acceptability & reward cap issues)
  • Projected spending with a detailed breakdown for the next 6 months
Chronology:
Here's where finally my RM relented for at least a Credit limit enhancement request since he was feeling bad that my upgrade request got shot down at all levels. Took ITR & salary slip over email and he helped reallocate my credit limit across the 2 cards, increasing limit by 1.65L, thus bumping up the CL of my HDFC DCB to INR 8.85L. Post this CL increase, I re-started the escalations in a different route based on a thread from @CC_Exuberant containing the image attached in this post
  • Escalation 8: BM - Branch Manager of my Home Branch. Spoke to him and sent him an email. He was realistic, and told me spends was not there and to come back only when spends exceeded INR 7.5L in a trailing 6-month period. He said he was helpless in his conversation with the internal credit card team.

• Escalation 9: My RM provided the details of the escalation matrix. I sent an email to the CH - Cluster Head. Post which he forwarded the email to my Branch Manager and he reached out to me to help build a case - NRV across the rest of the family, how much funds I could move, can I move my salary account etc. But he clearly said don't do any of this now and that he was still not confident in my case as the credit cards team seemed to be rejecting things. They asked me to 'Upgrade' to Regalia if acceptability of DCB was my issue, spend INR 7.5L and then apply for Infinia

• Escalation 10: Post-new year, I called the Cluster Manager over the phone & spoke to him. I cited 10+ examples of cases where NTB people were offered Infinia and how they were ill-treating an existing customer who had better stats than the ones who had already been given Infinia. I told him I understood I don't meet the spend criteria, but if the yardstick for granting Infinia was used consistently for all users, I wouldn't even be wasting my time escalating things. He was extremely curt, and defended HDFC throughout the conversation. I finally asked him what is the way forward. He said the BM will take up the case again and see what can be done

• Escalation 11: Throughout all the escalations post my conversation with BM (escalation 8), he was always sympathetic to my case whenever I sent him examples of profiles that have gotten Infinia as an NTB especially. I updated him on my conversation with the cluster manager and told him I don't need Infinia, I am happy with DCB LTF, but I am extremely unhappy with the way HDFC is treating existing customers and I will not stop escalating even if it means I have to go to BBH, GH, CEO if necessary.
Post the last conversation, he got my upgrade request approved in 3 days, RM asked me to fill & send a form & income documents to the home branch directly. 7 working days after that Infinia Metal FYF showed up in my net banking (image attached in the post). BM was again saying do not do anything - Moving salary account, FDs etc until I got the card in my hand.

So for existing customers - Spend of > INR 7.5L in trailing 6 months is the most important criteria apart from having a Credit Limit > INR 8L. For NTB customers having a decent salary and opening a salaried account (depending on the branch) could be more than sufficient to get an FYF Infinia Metal directly.

There were options during this journey where a ULIP of ~ INR 2L/year could have gotten me an Infinia. At this point, my investment portfolio couldn't accommodate such an investment even though the Tax-free IRR was equivalent to a good debt instrument. This is again an option if people want to diversify their investment / looking for alternative debt options.

I had a lot of support from the community through several messages and posts that I had written on this topic throughout the last 3 months. Multiple people cheering me on (@elite34700 and others) to not let existing customers be taken for a ride by large banks, thank you to everyone.

Hope this post helps someone else in their journey to Infinia Metal (or probably Infinia Reserve soon)
Very well detailed post and kudos to you for your persistent efforts.

My journey to infinia was somehow smoother.

1. I had only credit card relationship with HDFC - regalia first with 5L limit for past 3 years.
2. Joined TF community and got to know about alumini program and got DCB LTF with same 5L limit.
3. Sent mail to PNO to increase credit limit of DCB and they increased it to 8L.
4. Sent mail again to PNO for infinia upgrade but they declined.
5. Opened a savings account with HDFC and parked some emergency fund (around 10L) for 15 days and asked BM to upgrade to imperia program.
6. Meanwhile spent around 4.5 L mostly insurance related payments for my parents and me with DCB in 2-3 months.
7. Sent mail again to PNO for upgrade to infinia, again got declined.
8. Sent a email to MD desk mentioning that I am an existing impera customer with good balance in the account, good salary, spend in CC, and if they did not upgrade to infinia I am going to move my banking relationship else where. It worked and they approved infinia FYF. I tried to negotiate for LTF but they declined so took the FYF Card.

The whole process from point 5 to 8 took like 20-25 days where i had to park my emergency fund in there bank account. Once I saw the card in mobile banking removed the 10L to other high interest bank accounts like indus select and RBL.

I think if you have spent a decent amount in HDFC card and have a good enough credit limit you can follow this route to get the infinia card relatively easy.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Very well detailed post and kudos to you for your persistent efforts.

My journey to infinia was somehow smoother.

1. I had only credit card relationship with HDFC - regalia first with 5L limit for past 3 years.
2. Joined TF community and got to know about alumini program and got DCB LTF with same 5L limit.
3. Sent mail to PNO to increase credit limit of DCB and they increased it to 8L.
4. Sent mail again to PNO for infinia upgrade but they declined.
5. Opened a savings account with HDFC and parked some emergency fund (around 10L) for 15 days and asked BM to upgrade to imperia program.
6. Meanwhile spent around 4.5 L mostly insurance related payments for my parents and me with DCB in 2-3 months.
7. Sent mail again to PNO for upgrade to infinia, again got declined.
8. Sent a email to MD desk mentioning that I am an existing impera customer with good balance in the account, good salary, spend in CC, and if they did not upgrade to infinia I am going to move my banking relationship else where. It worked and they approved infinia FYF. I tried to negotiate for LTF but they declined so took the FYF Card.

The whole process from point 5 to 8 took like 20-25 days where i had to park my emergency fund in there bank account. Once I saw the card in mobile banking removed the 10L to other high interest bank accounts like indus select and RBL.

I think if you have spent a decent amount in HDFC card and have a good enough credit limit you can follow this route to get the infinia card relatively easy.
Md desk email?

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Start by asking the mutual funds demat account details from the RM. You would be doing this although you know that you can locate the details yourself. The idea behind this is to make the RM ask you why are you inquiring about these investment related details. That's when you start your storytelling about how you have been pitched by other investment companies to shift your investments to them to get better returns from the same investments (since HDFC investments are anyways regular funds so u get lower returns coz of the commissions being charged) or advises regarding other MFs which will give a better return on your portfolio compared to the existing portfolio of HDFC.

If the HDFC Life policies you mentioned are health insurance policies you can later on also mention about you wanting to transfer them too since you have experienced that HDFC is only looking at getting investments but not giving anything in return to their customers. Try to slowly pressurize the RM using subtle ways and then ask him to prove that he & HDFC really mean to help their customer in getting other HDFC products as well (by pointing to the processes you had initiated but had not received any positive response whatsoever)

Maybe this can move the needle a bit or maybe even more :)