• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Experience with Infinia Upgrade

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone ,

Like others I too struggled a lot to get Inifinia FYF from DCB LTF. I wanted to share my overall experience with the whole process and journey , It might be useful to others .

• Sent mails to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com , but they rejected saying my existing credit limit(7.94 L ) is not 10 lakhs.
  • Again asked them to reconsider as I had been told before if I spend 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months and limit of 8 lakhs would make me eligible for ugrade, but they again declined.
  • Again sent PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com , but they too declined after they reviewed my salary .
  • Asked them to close my salary account which I hold for last 12 years , but nothing happened as if they were saying " Go close but upgrade is not happening "
  • Visited branch and asked them to close my account or upgrade the card , but they told they are helpless .
  • Asked my CSRM to look into my request and he promised he will try his best for taking approval for deviation which he did after so many iterations of rejections.
  • Meanwhile I came to know about my virtual RM who seemed to be jugaaru guy , and he calls me every other day if I promise him for taking some plans like insurances with him he can get Inifinia in 10 days of timeline . First I thought I will just show interest and lets see if he can get me approval or not. to my surprise he got approval and now everyday he is asking for upgrade ( the only catch here is that I should give business to him ). Since I got approval with my CSRM ( corporate RM ) , I told him I have already got request raised , but he keeps on asking if you have not received the card he will get me in short time.
I am just curious how this Inifia upgrade is so dubious process ! I asked them to let my DCB also active but they declined . And on the same time my colleague got upgrade and DCB both by sharing the limit !

Hope this helps who are interested for upgrade to Inifinia.

Update 1 [ Aug 25]: Finally after so many follow ups , I can see Infinia Metal card in the app today.

Update 2 : To my pleasant surprise , I have been upgraded to Infinia Metal LTF from DCB LTF. I just double checked with Infinia support team ☺️

Last edited:
Is your itr high enough? That's a pretty big amount.
What about your customer profile? Is it updated? Check in netbanking.

If your itr is high, use that to apply offline. If your itr is not that high, you'll be in big trouble with that kind of transactions, itr notice is just a matter of time.
Actually, I have retired now, I used to work outside. I got the Card based on a pre-approved 3L Regalia Offer but I opted for Millenia. So, I have no ITR File to show, just a lot of savings which was in an NRE Account that has been entirely kept invested.

sidp

TF Ace
Actually, I have retired now, I used to work outside. I got the Card based on a pre-approved 3L Regalia Offer but I opted for Millenia. So, I have no ITR File to show, just a lot of savings which was in an NRE Account that has been entirely kept invested.
Then good. I think may be the system thinks your spends aren't genuine. Ask you rm to check if there is any negative remarks in your profile.
WHy don't you use c2c?

Then good. I think may be the system thinks your spends aren't genuine. Ask you rm to check if there is any negative remarks in your profile.
WHy don't you use c2c?
Actually, I do not have any other credit cards apart from HDFC Millenia, Swiggy, Neu Infinity, UPI RuPay... They offered me these cards pre-approved. And sadly my NRE Account was with SBI, so, I cannot have a high NRV Value with HDFC either. Could you please tell me if there's any way to get the upgrade? I used to have an RM before but he never picks the phone up, perhaps my account got downgraded from Imperia to Normal now.
There is the Option of ULIP for Infinia but that seems like a big loss compared to investing directly in Stocks or MF.
I already qualify with the 10L spends in 6M but there's no way out due to the low 3 Lakh Limit I have been stuck with for 8 Months.

sidp

TF Ace
Actually, I do not have any other credit cards apart from HDFC Millenia, Swiggy, Neu Infinity, UPI RuPay..
1st you try to convert neu to rupay. Then close upi rupay. If swiggy is not very useful close that too.

Tell them You know they have earned good money from 50L spend in hdfc dc/cc. You have already closed 2 cards, next you'll close all relationship with hdfc, if you dont get an upgrade. You may have to close all your cc anyhow.

If your nrv with sbi is good, try to get aurum or ltf elite. Elite gives free movie tickets. So more useful than aurum. Then use c2c.

1st you try to convert neu to rupay. Then close upi rupay. If swiggy is not very useful close that too.

Tell them You know they have earned good money from 50L spend in hdfc dc/cc. You have already closed 2 cards, next you'll close all relationship with hdfc, if you dont get an upgrade. You may have to close all your cc anyhow.

If your nrv with sbi is good, try to get aurum or ltf elite. Elite gives free movie tickets. So more useful than aurum. Then use c2c.
My Neu Infinity is RuPay but since the RuPay UPI is a floater card, it does help at times for extra cashback since Neu UPI has a 500 NeuCoins limit every month. I have also tried your suggestion, they just replied, "We are sorry to know you are disappointed by our service and we are very regretful to know that you intend to close your relationship with us, but we have reviewed your case in line with our internal policy.", et cetera, et cetera.
They seem to not care at all. For SBI, I tried getting the Elite Card but I don't have any Income Proof, so they rejected me thrice already. Sadly, only HDFC has given me pre-approved cards.
Also, no negative remarks as per PhoneBanking.

sidp

TF Ace
Also, no negative remarks as per PhoneBanking.
These remarks are not visible to us. They are told not to disclose these comments to customers. That's why they don't. Just give generic excuse like "as per banks internal policy." But if you give sr/application no, bm/rm can check.
Also without itr you won't get elite or regalia gold directly unless its a preapproved offer. For manual application, youll need CH approval.
can't you move your NRE Account. Is it because you're retired? May be you need to go to a axis/hdfc big branch and talk to bm. They'll find a way. Even Homeloan can be transferred, there must be a way to transfer your investment tied up in sbi.

You can also get cc against your net worth. If you have assets in your name, like equity in house, expensive cars or even mf/fd investments.

Last edited:

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There should be a way to get premium cards on the basis of shareholding. Suppose if I hold Rs 10L worth of HDFC shares, I should get an approval for Infinia.
Has anyone tried like this?
The face value of 1 share is max ₹10, even when you purchase from the market at ₹1000 /share or more.
The 10L worth of share, is just ₹1000 worth of "actual share value" for the bank.

If you hold share worth 10L of face value stocks, you can definitely raise your point in the bank's AGM.

golu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The face value of 1 share is max ₹10, even when you purchase from the market at ₹1000 /share or more.
The 10L worth of share, is just ₹1000 worth of "actual share value" for the bank.

If you hold share worth 10L of face value stocks, you can definitely raise your point in the bank's AGM.
Then it will be around 1 Lakh shares of worth 14 Crore.
Itna hoga toh Bank wale khud ghar aa kar card denge.

kshitij_0

TF Ace

How does face value matter in this scenario?
10L worth of shares is 10L worth only. You can't introduce the face value concept here and try to define "actual share value".
Actual share value is decided on market price not face value.
Can you give me 10L worth of shares in Rs 1000, I am ready to give you 1 Crore, so that I can buy shares worth Rs 1000 Crore?