• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Experience with Infinia Upgrade

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone ,

Like others I too struggled a lot to get Inifinia FYF from DCB LTF. I wanted to share my overall experience with the whole process and journey , It might be useful to others .

• Sent mails to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com , but they rejected saying my existing credit limit(7.94 L ) is not 10 lakhs.
  • Again asked them to reconsider as I had been told before if I spend 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months and limit of 8 lakhs would make me eligible for ugrade, but they again declined.
  • Again sent PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com , but they too declined after they reviewed my salary .
  • Asked them to close my salary account which I hold for last 12 years , but nothing happened as if they were saying " Go close but upgrade is not happening "
  • Visited branch and asked them to close my account or upgrade the card , but they told they are helpless .
  • Asked my CSRM to look into my request and he promised he will try his best for taking approval for deviation which he did after so many iterations of rejections.
  • Meanwhile I came to know about my virtual RM who seemed to be jugaaru guy , and he calls me every other day if I promise him for taking some plans like insurances with him he can get Inifinia in 10 days of timeline . First I thought I will just show interest and lets see if he can get me approval or not. to my surprise he got approval and now everyday he is asking for upgrade ( the only catch here is that I should give business to him ). Since I got approval with my CSRM ( corporate RM ) , I told him I have already got request raised , but he keeps on asking if you have not received the card he will get me in short time.
I am just curious how this Inifia upgrade is so dubious process ! I asked them to let my DCB also active but they declined . And on the same time my colleague got upgrade and DCB both by sharing the limit !

Hope this helps who are interested for upgrade to Inifinia.

Update 1 [ Aug 25]: Finally after so many follow ups , I can see Infinia Metal card in the app today.

Update 2 : To my pleasant surprise , I have been upgraded to Infinia Metal LTF from DCB LTF. I just double checked with Infinia support team ☺️

Last edited:

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
May I know your location?
You must be holding around 20L in your account. or have a good TRV.
Location - Bangalore (can't be more specific).
20L - at 1 point - yes, but no more.
I may take a home loan from them, if I find a house (which is tough these days). And I am also considering some other investments from them (not materialised).
I am happy that RM helped me before realisation of these investments for HDFC.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It was 4L in last 6 months. RM got me a waiver. I satisfied income requirements. And I also have long relationship with HDFC including family. I was trying for DCB alumni LTF offer, but it had expired before I became aware of it. So RM himself suggested he will help me get Infinia. FWIW, he is the first RM in so many years who has done something good for me. Just that since my Regalia was very old MC - World, I got upgraded to Infinia Metal MC world version. But I guess the only downside seems to be BMS offer non-applicability. So good.
My RM always calls me with fake reasons for the call ask me about nominee update and hang the call. He try to push some unwanted plans, by the tone of myself he divert the conversation to nominee update always.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The other 6L spends are on HDFC card? 3L is very less compared to the requirements. Also, they would want existing card to have ideally 10L limit or atleast 8L limit. You can make your case if spends on both the HDFC cards together are more than 7.5L in the last 6 months. Otherwise it requires exception approval on multiple requirements.
I have had 10+ L spent in the last 4 months but they are not ready to budge, what can I do, I want to upgrade my diners black (LTF) with a 6.95L Credit limit to Infinia.

DevD

TF Premier
I have had 10+ L spent in the last 4 months but they are not ready to budge, what can I do, I want to upgrade my diners black (LTF) with a 6.95L Credit limit to Infinia.
Ask for limit enhancement first with salary slip and bank statement, or you can wait for auto LE. Request upgrade after 10L+ limit.

golu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Try for manual upgrade but if they deny then try to complete spent above 12 lakhs it will trigger automatic upgrade invite offer for you.

Try for manual upgrade but if they deny then try to complete spent above 12 lakhs it will trigger automatic upgrade invite offer for you.
Wait, is this guaranteed? I personally have spent 10L too on my Millenia with a 3L Limit. 10L in 6 Months. Issued 8 Months ago, not a single limit enhancement or upgrade offer for me. Is this really possible? If I spend 2L more, will I get the Upgrade?

golu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Wait, is this guaranteed? I personally have spent 10L too on my Millenia with a 3L Limit. 10L in 6 Months. Issued 8 Months ago, not a single limit enhancement or upgrade offer for me. Is this really possible? If I spend 2L more, will I get the Upgrade?
There is nothing like guarantee but mostly the chances are you will get the invite in next month.
8 Lakh spends needed for manual upgrade, also depends on how much credit limit you have, they may ask for income docs.
12 Lakh spends needed for automatic upgrade offer.
You should Confirm this from customer care.

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Same boat as you. Here's my story.
I had spent 10L in 3-3.5 months on DCB metal with 8L limit.
I posted here whether I would be eligible for an upgrade. Somebody sent a DM asking for number, saying they know a RM in HDFC who can make it happen. That person just kept pushing for ULIP, since I didn't meet salary criteria. I get a net credit of 2.54L, which is lesser than needed salary credit, apparently. Kept calling me for 2-3 days. I ignored it. Didn't want to invest in ULIP.
Kept checking with my RM that 10L spend in 3-4 months is a great eligibility and I should get an upgrade. She said, she will check, but she needs to get many approvals. But, if I bring funds of around 5L to the classic savings account(I don't hold a salary account in HDFC), then she will easily get approval and it will be processed immediately. I shouldn't have budged, but still brought in funds of 5L to account, so that if I get an approval immediately, I can withdraw and invest it again. But even after doing it, she said if I move my salary account to HDFC, she can get it done immediately. I got pissed off now. Sent mail to priority redressal, grievances redressal, saying I have met the spends criteria and actually my spends would have crossed 12L, if DCB acceptance rate was better. It was rejected in many places, so I had to use other bank cards. I want Infinia since I can stop using other cards and stick to this. I even mentioned I have 5L+ funds in account as well.
Within 2-3 days, they sent me a mail asking for my acceptance to move reward points, upgrade DCB, get Infinia as FYF, etc. Yesterday, Infinia Metal started showing up in my HDFC app! And I don't know whether it is a co-incidence or not, but last 4 digits of Infinia and DCB are same!

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Same boat as you. Here's my story.
I had spent 10L in 3-3.5 months on DCB metal with 8L limit.
I posted here whether I would be eligible for an upgrade. Somebody sent a DM asking for number, saying they know a RM in HDFC who can make it happen. That person just kept pushing for ULIP, since I didn't meet salary criteria. I get a net credit of 2.54L, which is lesser than needed salary credit, apparently. Kept calling me for 2-3 days. I ignored it. Didn't want to invest in ULIP.
Kept checking with my RM that 10L spend in 3-4 months is a great eligibility and I should get an upgrade. She said, she will check, but she needs to get many approvals. But, if I bring funds of around 5L to the classic savings account(I don't hold a salary account in HDFC), then she will easily get approval and it will be processed immediately. I shouldn't have budged, but still brought in funds of 5L to account, so that if I get an approval immediately, I can withdraw and invest it again. But even after doing it, she said if I move my salary account to HDFC, she can get it done immediately. I got pissed off now. Sent mail to priority redressal, grievances redressal, saying I have met the spends criteria and actually my spends would have crossed 12L, if DCB acceptance rate was better. It was rejected in many places, so I had to use other bank cards. I want Infinia since I can stop using other cards and stick to this. I even mentioned I have 5L+ funds in account as well.
Within 2-3 days, they sent me a mail asking for my acceptance to move reward points, upgrade DCB, get Infinia as FYF, etc. Yesterday, Infinia Metal started showing up in my HDFC app! And I don't know whether it is a co-incidence or not, but last 4 digits of Infinia and DCB are same!
Congrats, I am hoping for an automatic update for me, as they manually rejected and tried to offer me Regalia Gold if I am facing an acceptance issue.

There is nothing like guarantee but mostly the chances are you will get the invite in next month.
8 Lakh spends needed for manual upgrade, also depends on how much credit limit you have, they may ask for income docs.
12 Lakh spends needed for automatic upgrade offer.
You should Confirm this from customer care.
By the way, I have not received any offer in 8 Months at all. It feels as if the Bank has removed all offers for me, there's nothing. By now, I feel I should have gotten an upgrade to 5L Limit from my Base 3L and from Millenia to DCB Metal at least but nothing at all. Please tell me if there is any way to trigger the automated system offer for the Limit Enhancement and DCB/Infinia...
I feel like the Bank has blacklisted me from offers, but I have been spending like 40+ Lakh in 3 Months in Savings and 10+ Lakh in 6 Months with the Millenia CC. Please help me out, anyone, if you have any information. I have tried talking to Zonal Head, BM, CH, PNO, Grievance, Social Media Team, everyone; none of them are helping me...

sidp

TF Ace
I feel like the Bank has blacklisted me from offers, but I have been spending like 40+ Lakh in 3 Months in Savings and 10+ Lakh in 6 Months with the Millenia CC.
Is your itr high enough? That's a pretty big amount.
What about your customer profile? Is it updated? Check in netbanking.

If your itr is high, use that to apply offline. If your itr is not that high, you'll be in big trouble with that kind of transactions, itr notice is just a matter of time.