• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Experience with Infinia Upgrade

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone ,

Like others I too struggled a lot to get Inifinia FYF from DCB LTF. I wanted to share my overall experience with the whole process and journey , It might be useful to others .

• Sent mails to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com , but they rejected saying my existing credit limit(7.94 L ) is not 10 lakhs.
  • Again asked them to reconsider as I had been told before if I spend 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months and limit of 8 lakhs would make me eligible for ugrade, but they again declined.
  • Again sent PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com , but they too declined after they reviewed my salary .
  • Asked them to close my salary account which I hold for last 12 years , but nothing happened as if they were saying " Go close but upgrade is not happening "
  • Visited branch and asked them to close my account or upgrade the card , but they told they are helpless .
  • Asked my CSRM to look into my request and he promised he will try his best for taking approval for deviation which he did after so many iterations of rejections.
  • Meanwhile I came to know about my virtual RM who seemed to be jugaaru guy , and he calls me every other day if I promise him for taking some plans like insurances with him he can get Inifinia in 10 days of timeline . First I thought I will just show interest and lets see if he can get me approval or not. to my surprise he got approval and now everyday he is asking for upgrade ( the only catch here is that I should give business to him ). Since I got approval with my CSRM ( corporate RM ) , I told him I have already got request raised , but he keeps on asking if you have not received the card he will get me in short time.
I am just curious how this Inifia upgrade is so dubious process ! I asked them to let my DCB also active but they declined . And on the same time my colleague got upgrade and DCB both by sharing the limit !

Hope this helps who are interested for upgrade to Inifinia.

Update 1 [ Aug 25]: Finally after so many follow ups , I can see Infinia Metal card in the app today.

Update 2 : To my pleasant surprise , I have been upgraded to Infinia Metal LTF from DCB LTF. I just double checked with Infinia support team ☺️

Last edited:

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just want to know do you fulfil the salary criteria for Inifinia as well and still they reject it?
No. There is no official salary criteria what I understand. 2.75 lakhs they say to most of us , but sometime they say 3 & 3.5 lakhs . Some time they they say 8 lakhs credit limit on existing card and sometime they say 10 , 12 L . But to answer your query , I do not meet any of the above criteria!

Quite a fight you put up. Kudos to your well deserved Infinia.

BTW, when you say that your colleague got upgrade (to infinia, I am assuming) and DCB both by sharing limit, what does that mean exactly? And around which date did this happen? Coz I was expressly told by RM that limit splitting is not allowed anymore.

Last edited:

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Quite a fight you put up. Kudos to your well deserved Infinia.

BTW, when you say that your colleague got upgrade (to infinia, I am assuming) and DCB both by sharing limit, what does that mean ezactlt? And around why date did this happen? Coz I was expressly told by RM that limit splitting is not allowed anymore.
He has DCB with 11.5 lakhs approx , And got upgrade to Infinia with 8 lakh and DCB reatined with 3.5 lakh shared limit . This happened on last week only . I too argued but they told after so many approval only Inifinia is possible for you , Now don't push for it which would delay the card further ..:LOL:

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hi Everyone ,

Like others I too struggled a lot to get Inifinia FYF from DCB LTF. I wanted to share my overall experience with the whole process and journey , It might be useful to others .

• Sent mails to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com , but they rejected saying my existing credit limit(7.94 L ) is not 10 lakhs.
  • Again asked them to reconsider as I had been told before if I spend 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months and limit of 8 lakhs would make me eligible for ugrade, but they again declined.
  • Again sent PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com , but they too declined after they reviewed my salary .
  • Asked them to close my salary account which I hold for last 12 years , but nothing happened as if they were saying " Go close but upgrade is not happening "
  • Visited branch and asked them to close my account or upgrade the card , but they told they are helpless .
  • Asked my CSRM to look into my request and he promised he will try his best for taking approval for deviation which he did after so many iterations of rejections.
  • Meanwhile I came to know about my virtual RM who seemed to be jugaaru guy , and he calls me every other day if I promise him for taking some plans like insurances with him he can get Inifinia in 10 days of timeline . First I thought I will just show interest and lets see if he can get me approval or not. to my surprise he got approval and now everyday he is asking for upgrade ( the only catch here is that I should give business to him ). Since I got approval with my CSRM ( corporate RM ) , I told him I have already got request raised , but he keeps on asking if you have not received the card he will get me in short time.
I am just curious how this Inifia upgrade is so dubious process ! I asked them to let my DCB also active but they declined . And on the same time my colleague got upgrade and DCB both by sharing the limit !

Hope this helps who are interested for upgrade to Inifinia.
I can understand the pain sir :( even am in same place..they need FD's and NRV too :(

vikramv4u

TF Buzz
Hi,

I just went thru the upgrade process from DCB (paid) to Infinia and here is my experience:

I opened up 2 paths - firstly went thru my RM, which was honestly leading only to one destination (invest in a scheme (ULIP or a scheme which is a so-called guaranteed return one) and we will try to get you an Infinia) .. I counter-offered with willing to invest in FD, but he was not ok. He wanted to only push the ULIP investment case forward.. As I didn't want to go down this path, I opened up the only option of writing to Grievance Redressal (like all of you have suggested) - attached my latest payslips, main bank account statement etc. and tried.. Got a rejection mail from them :) and in that mail they said if you are unhappy with the response, you may choose to escalate - so I tried again, justifying why I 'deserve' an Infinia.. Of course in my case I am not a salary account holder with HDFC, so that goes against me.. but I am an old customer 20 years, so tried whatever would help my case, but was accepting that the salary account wasn't there and if that was the only deal breaker, I may consider fixing that. Similarly wrote about my LY spending, dropped in some names of the other cards I use etc. So, cutting to the chase, this one email did the trick and they have offered me the Infinia Metal with FYF.. I received the card (+ add-ons) last week..

Thank you to all in the forum!!! I appreciate your inputs and hope i can be of someone's help as well!

Vikram

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hi,

I just went thru the upgrade process from DCB (paid) to Infinia and here is my experience:

I opened up 2 paths - firstly went thru my RM, which was honestly leading only to one destination (invest in a scheme (ULIP or a scheme which is a so-called guaranteed return one) and we will try to get you an Infinia) .. I counter-offered with willing to invest in FD, but he was not ok. He wanted to only push the ULIP investment case forward.. As I didn't want to go down this path, I opened up the only option of writing to Grievance Redressal (like all of you have suggested) - attached my latest payslips, main bank account statement etc. and tried.. Got a rejection mail from them :) and in that mail they said if you are unhappy with the response, you may choose to escalate - so I tried again, justifying why I 'deserve' an Infinia.. Of course in my case I am not a salary account holder with HDFC, so that goes against me.. but I am an old customer 20 years, so tried whatever would help my case, but was accepting that the salary account wasn't there and if that was the only deal breaker, I may consider fixing that. Similarly wrote about my LY spending, dropped in some names of the other cards I use etc. So, cutting to the chase, this one email did the trick and they have offered me the Infinia Metal with FYF.. I received the card (+ add-ons) last week..

Thank you to all in the forum!!! I appreciate your inputs and hope i can be of someone's help as well!

Vikram
Out of curios do you meet salary criteria for infinia ?