• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia My upgrade journey to Infinia from low end discontinued card in short

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey folks,

I would first like to thank this forum and its people for emense amount of help and knowledge I received.
1000044527.jpg

1000044528.jpg

Coming to upgrade journey here's the timeline:

1. Opened HDFC salary account in 2016 and got a ltf hdfc credit card (now discontinued) with just 1 lakh limit.
2. After around 1 year in 2017 they offered me upgrade to regalia card still ltf. In 2017 only got CL enhancement to 2 lakhs.
3. Limit kept increasing every 6 months on timely payment and very less utilization of card.
4. In 2018 got a call from Virtual RM that on your birthday we are providing you free upgrade to regalia, I gave consent to upgrade.
5. In 2019, renewal fee got applied and I raised complaint to close the card. It went on for 2 months and they finally converted the regalia card to ltf.
6. Just kept the card with barely any spends on it (may 1-2k per month). Limit still kept increasing as salary increased and went upto 8.5 lakhs in 2022.
7. Got introduced to this forum in 2023 and started gaining knowledge about benefits of Infinia and super premium cards.
8. Argued a lot with RM, BM, grievance team etc to get infinia but due to salary and low spends settled for dcb after 1 month of struggle.
9. Made a decission to get Infinia and researched further. Got to know about various ways.
10. Salary still didn't meet Infinia criteria but fulfilled CL criteria of more than 8 lakhs and spends criteria of 7.5 lakhs (spent 8.8 lakhs in 6 months)
11. Exactly after 6 months of getting dcb Sent a mail again to Grievance team and told about my spend and CL and they agreed this time for upgrade to infinia plastic as I didn't still meet salary criteria for metal.

I am happy that I got plastic as I can enjoy all benefits of Infinia with less fee and only 8 lakh spend as fee waiver criteria. Also I use Samsung wallet so I don't carry my card with me anyways and have a digital copy of the card in wallet and so doesn't really matter if I get metal or pvc.

Other than this I tried to get Infinia after 3 months of getting dcb but they still didn't agree even on high spends.

Unlike metal, Infinia PVC upgrade arrived in basic paper envelope with 2 pages. 1 page had details of Infinia card and 2 cards (including adon) attached to this page. On another got 2 priority passes.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I would first like to thank this forum and its people for emense amount of help and knowledge I received.
1000044527.jpg

1000044528.jpg

1. Opened HDFC salary account in 2016 and got a ltf hdfc credit card (now discontinued) with just 1 lakh limit.
2. After around 1 year in 2017 they offered me upgrade to regalia card still ltf. In 2017 only got CL enhancement to 2 lakhs.
3. Limit kept increasing every 6 months on timely payment and very less utilization of card.
4. In 2018 got a call from Virtual RM that on your birthday we are providing you free upgrade to regalia, I gave consent to upgrade.
5. In 2019, renewal fee got applied and I raised complaint to close the card. It went on for 2 months and they finally converted the regalia card to ltf.
6. Just kept the card with barely any spends on it (may 1-2k per month). Limit still kept increasing as salary increased and went upto 8.5 lakhs in 2022.
7. Got introduced to this forum in 2023 and started gaining knowledge about benefits of Infinia and super premium cards.
8. Argued a lot with RM, BM, grievance team etc to get infinia but due to salary and low spends settled for dcb after 1 month of struggle.
9. Made a decission to get Infinia and researched further. Got to know about various ways.
10. Salary still didn't meet Infinia criteria but fulfilled CL criteria of more than 8 lakhs and spends criteria of 7.5 lakhs (spent 8.8 lakhs in 6 months)
11. Exactly after 6 months of getting dcb Sent a mail again to Grievance team and told about my spend and CL and they agreed this time for upgrade to infinia plastic as I didn't still meet salary criteria for metal.

I am happy that I got plastic as I can enjoy all benefits of Infinia with less fee and only 8 lakh spend as fee waiver criteria. Also I use Samsung wallet so I don't carry my card with me anyways and have a digital copy of the card in wallet and so doesn't really matter if I get metal or pvc.

Other than this I tried to get Infinia after 3 months of getting dcb but they still didn't agree even on high spends.

Unlike metal, Infinia PVC upgrade arrived in basic paper envelope with 2 pages. 1 page had details of Infinia card and 2 cards (including adon) attached to this page. On another got 2 priority passes.
Congratulations ! Would you help me with Email part. I am in the same boat, fulfills spend criteria and limit is 9.5L but RM refused as Salary criteria not fulfilled. Please help with details we have to send in email for upgrade request .

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Congratulations ! Would you help me with Email part. I am in the same boat, fulfills spend criteria and limit is 9.5L but RM refused as Salary criteria not fulfilled. Please help with details we have to send in email for upgrade request .
Don't worry about salary and what RM says.. Send mail to Grievance team with current limit and spends.. For spends Infact do some extra instead of exactly 7.5 l in 6 months.. You should probably get the upgrade

Last edited:

gg123

TF Premier
Hey folks,

1000044527.jpg

1000044528.jpg

Yoo Man. You're the guy from the reddit who posted this.

vine

TF Premier
Is it worth to get DCB or infinia if we don't have much travel plans every year?
Isn't AMEX trifecta better? Considering these cards work best with travel and hotel expenses.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hey folks,

1000044527.jpg

1000044528.jpg

Didn't knew infinia plastic is still getting issued with 8 lakhs fees reversal criteria vs 10 lakhs on metal and congratulations.