• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Experience with Infinia Upgrade

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone ,

Like others I too struggled a lot to get Inifinia FYF from DCB LTF. I wanted to share my overall experience with the whole process and journey , It might be useful to others .

• Sent mails to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com , but they rejected saying my existing credit limit(7.94 L ) is not 10 lakhs.
  • Again asked them to reconsider as I had been told before if I spend 7.5 lakhs in last 6 months and limit of 8 lakhs would make me eligible for ugrade, but they again declined.
  • Again sent PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com , but they too declined after they reviewed my salary .
  • Asked them to close my salary account which I hold for last 12 years , but nothing happened as if they were saying " Go close but upgrade is not happening "
  • Visited branch and asked them to close my account or upgrade the card , but they told they are helpless .
  • Asked my CSRM to look into my request and he promised he will try his best for taking approval for deviation which he did after so many iterations of rejections.
  • Meanwhile I came to know about my virtual RM who seemed to be jugaaru guy , and he calls me every other day if I promise him for taking some plans like insurances with him he can get Inifinia in 10 days of timeline . First I thought I will just show interest and lets see if he can get me approval or not. to my surprise he got approval and now everyday he is asking for upgrade ( the only catch here is that I should give business to him ). Since I got approval with my CSRM ( corporate RM ) , I told him I have already got request raised , but he keeps on asking if you have not received the card he will get me in short time.
I am just curious how this Inifia upgrade is so dubious process ! I asked them to let my DCB also active but they declined . And on the same time my colleague got upgrade and DCB both by sharing the limit !

Hope this helps who are interested for upgrade to Inifinia.

Update 1 [ Aug 25]: Finally after so many follow ups , I can see Infinia Metal card in the app today.

Update 2 : To my pleasant surprise , I have been upgraded to Infinia Metal LTF from DCB LTF. I just double checked with Infinia support team ☺️

Last edited:
Your RM should have a supervisor, and a Branch Manager above the supervisor. Your RM should contact them to understand the process instead of trying to find other RMs through the customer.
Sir these RMs, BMs & Supervisors will chant the same criteria, as they do with everyone -10Lacs limit & 7.5 lacs spend. Since your RM got an exceptional approval, he wanted to understand the exceptional process from your RM.

leadish90

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I raised a request via email to upgrade my DCB to Infinia.

I have received a revert which has this statement -
To review your request, kindly forward the duly filled in form along with the self-attested income / supporting documents accompanied by a signed letter to the below-mentioned address. Link to download the upgrade form:
<snipped>

Can anyone please confirm what they mean by "signed letter"? My understanding is that I need to send the upgrade form along with the salary slips.

Thanks!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hello everyone,

I raised a request via email to upgrade my DCB to Infinia.

I have received a revert which has this statement -
To review your request, kindly forward the duly filled in form along with the self-attested income / supporting documents accompanied by a signed letter to the below-mentioned address. Link to download the upgrade form:
<snipped>

Can anyone please confirm what they mean by "signed letter"? My understanding is that I need to send the upgrade form along with the salary slips.

Thanks!
Did you search for this? There should some post or a thread on this?

Edit have merged your thread with this. Pls go over this and don't make a new thread until you couldn't find existing thread.

Last edited:

baxter

TF Buzz
In lounges abroad, swiping the DCB add-on card after the primary one often showed an error on their POS machine, saying the member was already inside. This has to led to many arguments at the reception and I always felt it was embarrassing. The reason why I thought this was happening was possibly due to both DCB cards having the same number.

Recently I got upgraded to Infinia, and I noticed the PP for both primary and add on have the same number. Wondering if I would face similar issues again.

Anyone else faced anything like this?

viveksingh1005

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In lounges abroad, swiping the DCB add-on card after the primary one often showed an error on their POS machine, saying the member was already inside. This has to led to many arguments at the reception and I always felt it was embarrassing. The reason why I thought this was happening was possibly due to both DCB cards having the same number.

Recently I got upgraded to Infinia, and I noticed the PP for both primary and add on have the same number. Wondering if I would face similar issues again.

Anyone else faced anything like this?
how did u got upgrade ? usual 7.5 Lk spend in 6 months and 8+ limit ?

baxter

TF Buzz
Yes you might as the card number is same
I am wondering why I haven’t seen anyone talk about this issue here. I talked to the diners customer care back then and they had no idea about what I was talking about.

Found one thread here about the same issue with diners but no mention of Infinia PP.

viveksingh1005

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In my case the RM said the credit limit should be 10L, I applied for increasing the credit limit from 9.1 to 10L, which happened within few weeks and then I send a mail and they upgraded. The whole process took a few months.
ok you spend 7.5 lk in 6 months with 10 lakh limit to upgrade to ininia ? or simply u upgraded based on credit limit ?

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As I had mentioned in an other thread, it is easier to get the upgrade done with RM's help.

My case in point
- HDFC DCB FYF - limit 6 lakhs
- Spends in last 6 months - Maybe 3 lakhs
- Salary account in HDFC - 1.8 lakhs per month
- My first HDFC credit card was over 16 years back and until now, the limit increase/card upgrade was hardly worth mentioning. Heck I was upgraded to DCB that too in Feb 2023 only.

I had recently got upgraded to Preferred banking (not even Infinia) I casually mentioned to the RM (that too when he had called) that I am looking for an Infinia card, He mentioned you need to have salary of 2 lakhs per month, I told him my monthly salary is 1.75 lakhs (excluding Variable and stock), he said he can get exception approval from some unit head or cluster head (dont exactly remember who). I was still skeptical since from what I normally read you need to have a limit of over 8 lakhs and spends of 7.5 lakhs in the last 6 months, but I told him to go ahead.

He sent me the upgrade forms in a day or 2 and asked me to fill and attach with 3 months salary slip which I did, without much expectations
Had to wait for a week (since it was holiday season I guess - end of December) and voila i saw the upgraded card - Infinia metal with 8 lakhs limit (FYF).

So this is my Infinia Upgrade journey. All the best to all others like me, who are still looking to get an Infinia. Try to talk with RM and see if by any chance it helps !

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently got upgraded from Regalia (LTF) to Infinia Metal (paid) with RM's help.
I have activated and started using the card. But I have not seen issuing fees charged to it yet.

Are issuing fees not charged during upgrade? OR will they be charged after certain duration?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I recently got upgraded from Regalia (LTF) to Infinia Metal (paid) with RM's help.
I have activated and started using the card. But I have not seen issuing fees charged to it yet.

Are issuing fees not charged during upgrade? OR will they be charged after certain duration?
HDFC typically levies charges in the third month. However, since this was an upgrade, it might be FYF as well. Check with the grievance team.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Have you done lot of spends in regalia?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As I had mentioned in an other thread, it is easier to get the upgrade done with RM's help.

My case in point
- HDFC DCB FYF - limit 6 lakhs
- Spends in last 6 months - Maybe 3 lakhs
- Salary account in HDFC - 1.8 lakhs per month
- My first HDFC credit card was over 16 years back and until now, the limit increase/card upgrade was hardly worth mentioning. Heck I was upgraded to DCB that too in Feb 2023 only.

I had recently got upgraded to Preferred banking (not even Infinia) I casually mentioned to the RM (that too when he had called) that I am looking for an Infinia card, He mentioned you need to have salary of 2 lakhs per month, I told him my monthly salary is 1.75 lakhs (excluding Variable and stock), he said he can get exception approval from some unit head or cluster head (dont exactly remember who). I was still skeptical since from what I normally read you need to have a limit of over 8 lakhs and spends of 7.5 lakhs in the last 6 months, but I told him to go ahead.

He sent me the upgrade forms in a day or 2 and asked me to fill and attach with 3 months salary slip which I did, without much expectations
Had to wait for a week (since it was holiday season I guess - end of December) and voila i saw the upgraded card - Infinia metal with 8 lakhs limit (FYF).

So this is my Infinia Upgrade journey. All the best to all others like me, who are still looking to get an Infinia. Try to talk with RM and see if by any chance it helps !
May I know your location?
You must be holding around 20L in your account. or have a good TRV.

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have you done lot of spends in regalia?
It was 4L in last 6 months. RM got me a waiver. I satisfied income requirements. And I also have long relationship with HDFC including family. I was trying for DCB alumni LTF offer, but it had expired before I became aware of it. So RM himself suggested he will help me get Infinia. FWIW, he is the first RM in so many years who has done something good for me. Just that since my Regalia was very old MC - World, I got upgraded to Infinia Metal MC world version. But I guess the only downside seems to be BMS offer non-applicability. So good.