• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Emerald Private Metal or Infinia Metal Card

Hi,
I already have Sapphiro LTF and DCB LTF. I have high value loan and hence wanted to make use of this opportunity to get higher variant card on LTF.

1. HDFC told they can give FYF Infinia metal but I asked for LTF. HDFC RM is pushing to get me Infinia LTF card.
2. ICICI told they can give Emerald private metal card but paid version for sure.

I am not into miles game and not very frequent air traveler. I have future plans (next year) for travel. As of now, mostly using DCB for online shopping (Amazon/Flipkart), hotel (stay) booking and other retail spends. Wherever DCB won't work, I am using Sapphiro. I like HDFC for simplicity in terms of rewards and ease of using rewards.

I don't want paid card even if it gives rewards back (it's not equal cash money) but I don't want to let go of my situation of this high value loan. Do you think HDFC may give Infinia as LTF? I am fine even with plastic but I have read they stopped issuing for new customers. I am not sure how feasible is Infinia metal LTF. Just taking my chances.

If I decide to take paid version, then which one should I take? If I take Emerald Private metal card, then I can easily get 750 cashback per month for paying statement bills and also I like that they giving reward points 1:1 for statement pay. With Infinia, I will miss out on this cashback per month from debit card. Ultimately both card will make it like "I don't need any further card" situation for me. I get everything including unlimited lounge access via PP. Currently, only major missing thing with DCB is non-acceptance compared to Infinia for my usage and not all lounge access is via PP (but no complains since Diners coverage is very good and enough for me to refresh & stay in layovers).

What you guys suggest? What will you do in my situation?

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hi,
I already have Sapphiro LTF and DCB LTF. I have high value loan and hence wanted to make use of this opportunity to get higher variant card on LTF.

1. HDFC told they can give FYF Infinia metal but I asked for LTF. HDFC RM is pushing to get me Infinia LTF card.
2. ICICI told they can give Emerald private metal card but paid version for sure.

I am not into miles game and not very frequent air traveler. I have future plans (next year) for travel. As of now, mostly using DCB for online shopping (Amazon/Flipkart), hotel (stay) booking and other retail spends. Wherever DCB won't work, I am using Sapphiro. I like HDFC for simplicity in terms of rewards and ease of using rewards.

I don't want paid card even if it gives rewards back (it's not equal cash money) but I don't want to let go of my situation of this high value loan. Do you think HDFC may give Infinia as LTF? I am fine even with plastic but I have read they stopped issuing for new customers. I am not sure how feasible is Infinia metal LTF. Just taking my chances.

If I decide to take paid version, then which one should I take? If I take Emerald Private metal card, then I can easily get 750 cashback per month for paying statement bills and also I like that they giving reward points 1:1 for statement pay. With Infinia, I will miss out on this cashback per month from debit card. Ultimately both card will make it like "I don't need any further card" situation for me. I get everything including unlimited lounge access via PP. Currently, only major missing thing with DCB is non-acceptance compared to Infinia for my usage and not all lounge access is via PP (but no complains since Diners coverage is very good and enough for me to refresh & stay in layovers).

What you guys suggest? What will you do in my situation?
We just discussed the thread here. Hope it helps.
Thread 'DCB LTF vs Infinia FYF?' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/dcb-ltf-vs-infinia-fyf.19340/

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
I recently got Infinia and even was in two minds between Infinia and Emeralde metal. Below are some points:

1. DCB has almost similar benefits as Infinia. You may get some capping on accelerated reward points BUT if you are not into rewards game, there is hardly anything that Infinia offers over DCB.
2. Emeralde Metal gets you reward points equal to fees and each RP = 1/- and you can use it against statement credit so completely free apart from the GST loss. On top, you get 750/- worth of movie tkt every month so literally its as good as free as GST is also recovered through this movie tkt scheme.
3. Emeralde metal will be Visa/MC so great acceptance in offline stores and gets you 6 RPs every 200/- spent. So 3% returns which you can realize through statement credit.
4. Emeralde metal has unlimited access to lounge - international and domestic for primary and add-on. DCB also has it I know but offline DCB acceptance is low.
5. Infinia also gets you equal reward points as fees BUT, you have to utilize them on things which get you 1:1 ratio on redemption otherwise its 1RP=0.3/- while in Emeralde its 1RP=1/- that too against statement credit. Also, you can claim only 70% RPs in single sstransaction thus it makes you spend 30% again on CC.

In short, Use DB on SmartBuy for accelerated rewards and use Emeralde metal for all other offline usage. This would be a quite good combo instead of FYF Infinia only card. Just my 2 cents.

Since I had a very basic CC from HDFC and my Infinia got approved, I went for it. Otherwise, my plan was to get DCB and Emeralde metal.

sv004

TF Premier
Infinia is good for only travellers who want to use it for ticket bookings. Otherwise there is nothing like statement credit. Did u apply for emeralde pvt metal card what is the requirement? Do u have icici bank account?

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently got Infinia and even was in two minds between Infinia and Emeralde metal. Below are some points:

1. DCB has almost similar benefits as Infinia. You may get some capping on accelerated reward points BUT if you are not into rewards game, there is hardly anything that Infinia offers over DCB.
2. Emeralde Metal gets you reward points equal to fees and each RP = 1/- and you can use it against statement credit so completely free apart from the GST loss. On top, you get 750/- worth of movie tkt every month so literally its as good as free as GST is also recovered through this movie tkt scheme.
3. Emeralde metal will be Visa/MC so great acceptance in offline stores and gets you 6 RPs every 200/- spent. So 3% returns which you can realize through statement credit.
4. Emeralde metal has unlimited access to lounge - international and domestic for primary and add-on. DCB also has it I know but offline DCB acceptance is low.
5. Infinia also gets you equal reward points as fees BUT, you have to utilize them on things which get you 1:1 ratio on redemption otherwise its 1RP=0.3/- while in Emeralde its 1RP=1/- that too against statement credit. Also, you can claim only 70% RPs in single sstransaction thus it makes you spend 30% again on CC.

In short, Use DB on SmartBuy for accelerated rewards and use Emeralde metal for all other offline usage. This would be a quite good combo instead of FYF Infinia only card. Just my 2 cents.

Since I had a very basic CC from HDFC and my Infinia got approved, I went for it. Otherwise, my plan was to get DCB and Emeralde metal.
Are you sure about for Emeralde Metal about 1RP = 1 against statement credit? This coupled with equal reward points on fees makes it completely free except for GST. Unless ICICI has an obsession for collecting GST, they might as well give the card for free, no?

sv004

TF Premier
Are you sure about for Emeralde Metal about 1RP = 1 against statement credit? This coupled with equal reward points on fees makes it completely free except for GST. Unless ICICI has an obsession for collecting GST, they might as well give the card for free, no?
Even if not statement credit one can buy amazon pay voucher

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
This is given in their Terms and Conditions. You can settle 1 RP=1/- against statement credit with a max cap at 50K/-.

They might just want to make it a bragging right thats all. Even Infinia is almost free as you get equal reward points. Issue is though, you have to spend them on travel/stay t get 1:1 ratio. With Emeralde metal, its even easy to redeem full joining fee.

Infinia is good for only travellers who want to use it for ticket bookings. Otherwise there is nothing like statement credit. Did u apply for emeralde pvt metal card what is the requirement? Do u have icici bank account?
No I didn't apply for Emeralde yet. I enquired, they told I am eligible and processing can done from December month.