• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get Emerald Private Metal Card

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last year ICICI increased my limit from 5.1L to 6.1L ,since then I'm getting an upgrade offer to Emerald PVC Paid ,before it used to be Saphiro Paid ,

I tried calling customer care for it ,he said to visit branch ,

Branch lady had no clue about Private Metal Card and tried to push Emerald PVC ,

Emailing customer care ,i got following reply "To upgrade your card like many our previleged customers who are using the premium version of our range of credit cards and ready to avail amazing benefits, please feel free to call us on 1800 1080."

Any idea how i can get Emerald Private Metal, don't mind paying the fees since it gets recovered by points.

Also ,would it help if i take Emerald PVC and then tried to upgrade ?

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Last year ICICI increased my limit from 5.1L to 6.1L ,since then I'm getting an upgrade offer to Emerald PVC Paid ,before it used to be Saphiro Paid ,

I tried calling customer care for it ,he said to visit branch ,

Branch lady had no clue about Private Metal Card and tried to push Emerald PVC ,

Emailing customer care ,i got following reply "To upgrade your card like many our previleged customers who are using the premium version of our range of credit cards and ready to avail amazing benefits, please feel free to call us on 1800 1080."

Any idea how i can get Emerald Private Metal, don't mind paying the fees since it gets recovered by points.

Also ,would it help if i take Emerald PVC and then tried to upgrade ?
Contact your RM and the RM has to take internal approval. There is no other way to apply directly.

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Currently Emeralde Metal is invite only card. The bank person has to take internal approval to process with the card. In case, you don't have a RM, try with a different branch.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just got off a call with my Deputy Branch Manager and Credit card guy at my home ICICI Branch ,

Salary Requirement for ICICI Emerald Private Metal Card is 3L pm ,

Requirement to make Emerald PVC LTF is 2 cr NRV (seems too high ,i know others have gotten LTF via Corporate Salary Account with ICICI)

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just got off a call with my Deputy Branch Manager and Credit card guy at my home ICICI Branch ,

Requirement to make Emerald PVC LTF is 2 cr NRV (seems too high ,i know others have gotten LTF via Corporate Salary Account with ICICI)
Can You Give me your RM No. I fulfil the ITR Criteria.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can You Give me your RM No. I fulfil the ITR Criteria.
I don't have RM ,i spoke to Deputy branch Manager at my home branch(Defence Colony,Delhi) ,she connected me to the Credit Card Guy at branch

If you want your RM detail ,just call up customer care, they'll give you contact

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don't have RM ,i spoke to Deputy branch Manager at my home branch(Defence Colony,Delhi) ,she connected me to the Credit Card Guy at branch

If you want your RM detail ,just call up customer care, they'll give you contact
if you find any guy, who could help me get private card, please let me know, it would be a great help....

Are you sure that the 3L requirement was for emeralde private metal and not the normal emeralde card?

I had a call with my ICICI RM yesterday and asked him for emeralde private metal (I met the criteria for non metal emeralde and specifically asked him for the metal variant). He came back to me with salary requirements of 6.5L/mo or 75L ITR

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Are you sure that the 3L requirement was for emeralde private metal and not the normal emeralde card?

I had a call with my ICICI RM yesterday and asked him for emeralde private metal (I met the criteria for non metal emeralde and specifically asked him for the metal variant). He came back to me with salary requirements of 6.5L/mo or 75L ITR
It's very normal, they smoke some stuff and blabber out whatever number comes into their mind. Some classic examples:
Sapphiro as LTF : My RM told me 1 Cr NRV. (I know that's not true)
Emerald pvc as LTF : 20L/month salary (Yes, u read it right) or 2 Cr NRV
Emerald Private Metal Paid : 70L+ yearly income.
Emerald Private Metal as LTF : Only for Private Banking customers with 5 Cr+ NRV

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

That's what i was told ,

Also 6.5L pm or 75L ITR seems absurd ,getting Amex Plat Charge is easier then this ,nobody asks for this much salary

I think your RM is trying to avoid getting you Metal because lots of people want its too much hassle for bank employees to get it ,requires approval from multiple levels higher up

That's what i was told ,

Also 6.5L pm or 75L ITR seems absurd ,getting Amex Plat Charge is easier then this ,nobody asks for this much salary

I think your RM is trying to avoid getting you Metal because lots of people want its too much hassle for bank employees to get it ,requires approval from multiple levels higher up
That's plausible. My RM has never been particularly helpful, and now she's on leave and I talking to a replacement RM regarding the card.

I sometimes suspect that my branch just isn't that good and that's why ICICI never seemed to call me or offer me anything. But I've always discarded the thought.

I have 3 FDs with ~15L in value, 9.8L limit and decent spends on my CC (Coral and Apay) and a decent balance on top of that. But my branch or RM never seem to reach out or help with anything. They ask me to go to normal customer care for my issues.

Do you think that can be the case? i.e My branch/RM isn't good and should I change branches?

If it matters, my home branch is in my college in guwahati. I opened the account when I was studying there, and didn't move branches as I didn't want to change IFSCs everywhere.

Last edited: