• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get Emerald Private Metal Card

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last year ICICI increased my limit from 5.1L to 6.1L ,since then I'm getting an upgrade offer to Emerald PVC Paid ,before it used to be Saphiro Paid ,

I tried calling customer care for it ,he said to visit branch ,

Branch lady had no clue about Private Metal Card and tried to push Emerald PVC ,

Emailing customer care ,i got following reply "To upgrade your card like many our previleged customers who are using the premium version of our range of credit cards and ready to avail amazing benefits, please feel free to call us on 1800 1080."

Any idea how i can get Emerald Private Metal, don't mind paying the fees since it gets recovered by points.

Also ,would it help if i take Emerald PVC and then tried to upgrade ?

card_monarch

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If it matters, my home branch is in my college in guwahati. I opened the account when I was studying there, and didn't move branches as I didn't want to change IFSCs everywhere.
Actually IFSC does not matter. Even if you transfer your account to another branch, you can still use your old IFSC for transferring money. You can even use your old cheque book with old IFSC.
You can try doing a test online transfer of Rs 10 to your account number but put IFSC of any other branch. It will be successful.

drsel

TF Legend
That's what i was told ,

Also 6.5L pm or 75L ITR seems absurd ,getting Amex Plat Charge is easier then this ,nobody asks for this much salary

I think your RM is trying to avoid getting you Metal because lots of people want its too much hassle for bank employees to get it ,requires approval from multiple levels higher up
Amex Platinum charge card is not worth 70800 joining fee. Also very low acceptance in India

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You will be surprised that there are some techno fino members who actually paid that much!!!
I mean ,a family friend of mine has it ,he seems to like it
He has already received plenty of taj vouchers and MR points ,he really likes Centurion Lounge at DEL and BOM ,he gets room upgrade and free breakfast almost everywhere he stays

If you earn and spend that kind of money ,you've got that kind of lifestyle, it might be worth it

On a side note I've been to both of the Centurion Lounges myself and i loved it ,much better then the crowded enclam/adani lounge

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
It is completely out of sync with the low rewarding other ICICI cards.

But if you phone customer care to upgrade to this card they will hear wrong and upgrade you to Emirates Emerald card