• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Score (CIBIL) Formula Revealed

Shraaj

TF Premier
How CIBIL Score is Calculated in India ?
Check CIBIL Score formula & learn how does it calculated.

2022-06-30_28429

Now, This is the Ratio, that our Credit Score comes from and has an Impact on Gaining and Losing Credit Score in Points.

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

This is the Most Important Factor, Now see the Parameter/Table

2022-06-30_28629

Now, You Can ADD THE POINTS - Eg-

1. If you have just recently paid like 0-4 months then add 15-25 Points.

2. If there is no delay in payment then add 85-95 Points

3. No Bankruptcy - Add 75-85 Points

Now, See even if you don't pay the bank/NBFC then also you will get a score but see the points gap,

2. DEBT BURDEN/CREDIT UTILIZATION-

2022-06-30_28729

Now, See if you don't have any burden then also point score will be less or even if you have heavy debt burden then marks will be deducted or less score. So, I will add 20-29% which is 145-155 points along with previous points.

3. LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY-

The most important thing look at the points in increasing order along with years,so better to keep our old products active.

2022-06-30_28829

Add No.of Months like which is the longest credit report product for you mine is in 12-23 months, so I will add 105-115 points with the previous one. (It can be seen in the cibil report or directly in OneScore App)

4.RECENT SEARCHES FOR CREDIT/CREDIT ENQUIRIES-

2022-06-30_28929

Now, See How Many Enquiries have you made in CIBIL in the Last 6 Months that also impact, Add this previous one.

5. TYPES OF CREDIT/MIXTURE OF CREDIT ACCOUNTS-

It is always healthy if you have a mixture of Loans like Credit Card, Personal loans, Home loans, etc. Now, see the table

2022-06-30_281029

NOW, ADD All those Five Things and final outcome would be your expected Credit Score,offcourse it would be not accurate but it's 90-95% Accurate.This Formula has been applied to 20 Different People and the Results were +/-20 Points are here and there.

Try and comment.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A few months back I had 0 enquiries and now 5. CIBIL dropped by 12 first then 5. So 17 in total. According to this, there should be a larger difference (120-45=75)

saucy

TF Ace
Question on debt burden
- what does average here mean - is it average of each card, or is it total debt/total limit
- what happens if i have 10 credit lines, with 1 having >30% use but rest have 0, and my net credit utilisation is <30%

D₹V

TF Prestige
I agree with the credit card utilisation thing as bank reports usage each month, so CIBIL does behind the scenes average calculations.

But for loan accounts (BNPLs), they don't report regularly i.e. once in 3 month, mostly the usage reported is 0 or whatever, CIBIL can't calculate it's average usage.

So I think CIBIL don't count average for loan accounts, do they?

Shraaj

TF Premier
Question on debt burden
- what does average here mean - is it average of each card, or is it total debt/total limit
- what happens if i have 10 credit lines, with 1 having >30% use but rest have 0, and my net credit utilisation is <30%
Your Debt Burden means Addition Of All Credit Cards Limit - Your Spends / 100. That Percentage is your Debt Burden. Usually OneScore App shows that directly in the App

insight

TF Ace
I have already written this article earlier in Desi Dime but never posted here and the Sources are Many like YouTube, Finance Articles, Website(CIBIL), Friends/Known People CIBIL Report Analysis, etc!
Does any Report help one dissect analyze the breakdown for our individual issues and rectify them/ report if any were inaccurately negative.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now, See How Many Enquiries have you made in CIBIL in the Last 6 Months that also impact, Add this previous one.
How to convince bank about this :ROFLMAO:

whenever we request to remove them (wrong type or not done by me), they just say "sir, enquiries se kuch farak nahi padta" (enquires doesn't affect score)

How CIBIL Score is Calculated in India ?
Check CIBIL Score formula & learn how does it calculated.

2022-06-30_28429

Now, This is the Ratio, that our Credit Score comes from and has an Impact on Gaining and Losing Credit Score in Points.

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

This is the Most Important Factor, Now see the Parameter/Table

2022-06-30_28629

Now, You Can ADD THE POINTS - Eg-

1. If you have just recently paid like 0-4 months then add 15-25 Points.

2. If there is no delay in payment then add 85-95 Points

3. No Bankruptcy - Add 75-85 Points

Now, See even if you don't pay the bank/NBFC then also you will get a score but see the points gap,

2. DEBT BURDEN/CREDIT UTILIZATION-

2022-06-30_28729

Now, See if you don't have any burden then also point score will be less or even if you have heavy debt burden then marks will be deducted or less score. So, I will add 20-29% which is 145-155 points along with previous points.

3. LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY-

The most important thing look at the points in increasing order along with years,so better to keep our old products active.

2022-06-30_28829

Add No.of Months like which is the longest credit report product for you mine is in 12-23 months, so I will add 105-115 points with the previous one. (It can be seen in the cibil report or directly in OneScore App)

4.RECENT SEARCHES FOR CREDIT/CREDIT ENQUIRIES-

2022-06-30_28929

5. TYPES OF CREDIT/MIXTURE OF CREDIT ACCOUNTS-

It is always healthy if you have a mixture of Loans like Credit Card, Personal loans, Home loans, etc. Now, see the table

2022-06-30_281029

NOW, ADD All those Five Things and final outcome would be your expected Credit Score,offcourse it would be not accurate but it's 90-95% Accurate.This Formula has been applied to 20 Different People and the Results were +/-20 Points are here and there.

Try and comment.
Great information 👍👍👍

Now my CIBIL score crossed 900 🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺💃💃💃💃💃

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is this really correct? I had a CC inquiry yesterday and my score dropped by 1 point from 805 to 804. As per this table, it should drop by 10 points on average.
Any drop factors in a lot of data points & this varies from one account to the other ! An enquiry will cause a bigger drop for someone very new to credit compared to someone who has had credit for 3-4 years !

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any drop factors in a lot of data points & this varies from one account to the other ! An enquiry will cause a bigger drop for someone very new to credit compared to someone who has had credit for 3-4 years !
Yes, the original post does not seem to take in the credit age into factor for other computations. Seems a very poor model on simulating the score.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
With this formula adding only lower value in the range I got a total of 770 and adding only the higher value in the range I got 850

So my score is between 770 - 850 which is correct but that's quite a big range.

Avg = 770 + 850 / 2 = 810
+ / - 30 pts range from avg will get my accurate score.