• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Score (CIBIL) Formula Revealed

Shraaj

TF Premier
How CIBIL Score is Calculated in India ?
Check CIBIL Score formula & learn how does it calculated.

2022-06-30_28429

Now, This is the Ratio, that our Credit Score comes from and has an Impact on Gaining and Losing Credit Score in Points.

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

This is the Most Important Factor, Now see the Parameter/Table

2022-06-30_28629

Now, You Can ADD THE POINTS - Eg-

1. If you have just recently paid like 0-4 months then add 15-25 Points.

2. If there is no delay in payment then add 85-95 Points

3. No Bankruptcy - Add 75-85 Points

Now, See even if you don't pay the bank/NBFC then also you will get a score but see the points gap,

2. DEBT BURDEN/CREDIT UTILIZATION-

2022-06-30_28729

Now, See if you don't have any burden then also point score will be less or even if you have heavy debt burden then marks will be deducted or less score. So, I will add 20-29% which is 145-155 points along with previous points.

3. LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY-

The most important thing look at the points in increasing order along with years,so better to keep our old products active.

2022-06-30_28829

Add No.of Months like which is the longest credit report product for you mine is in 12-23 months, so I will add 105-115 points with the previous one. (It can be seen in the cibil report or directly in OneScore App)

4.RECENT SEARCHES FOR CREDIT/CREDIT ENQUIRIES-

2022-06-30_28929

Now, See How Many Enquiries have you made in CIBIL in the Last 6 Months that also impact, Add this previous one.

5. TYPES OF CREDIT/MIXTURE OF CREDIT ACCOUNTS-

It is always healthy if you have a mixture of Loans like Credit Card, Personal loans, Home loans, etc. Now, see the table

2022-06-30_281029

NOW, ADD All those Five Things and final outcome would be your expected Credit Score,offcourse it would be not accurate but it's 90-95% Accurate.This Formula has been applied to 20 Different People and the Results were +/-20 Points are here and there.

Try and comment.

Aditya12

TF Premier
I do not agree with the 4th factor. It depends upon a lot of factors and not as simple as x number of credit inquiry will result in xy reduction of score.
In my case 10 enquiries within two months did not decrease even a single point. In fact my score improved by 7 points in third month probably due to some other factors.

sachinvenga

TF Premier
My current utilisation is negative and my score is 803. This month I am experimenting by not paying bills before reporting date. Let’s see if this is correct then my utilisation should Jump to 2% from zero or negative and then my score should also jump. Let’s see..

Can you predict 803 to …..?

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My current utilisation is negative and my score is 803. This month I am experimenting by not paying bills before reporting date. Let’s see if this is correct then my utilisation should Jump to 2% from zero or negative and then my score should also jump. Let’s see..
You will be very surprised to see that your score will be reduced by about 12 to 18 points depending on other factors

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Can you predict 803 to …..?
Au contraire, it would reduce probably to the neighbourhood of 793.