• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Score (CIBIL) Formula Revealed

Shraaj

TF Premier
How CIBIL Score is Calculated in India ?
Check CIBIL Score formula & learn how does it calculated.

2022-06-30_28429

Now, This is the Ratio, that our Credit Score comes from and has an Impact on Gaining and Losing Credit Score in Points.

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

This is the Most Important Factor, Now see the Parameter/Table

2022-06-30_28629

Now, You Can ADD THE POINTS - Eg-

1. If you have just recently paid like 0-4 months then add 15-25 Points.

2. If there is no delay in payment then add 85-95 Points

3. No Bankruptcy - Add 75-85 Points

Now, See even if you don't pay the bank/NBFC then also you will get a score but see the points gap,

2. DEBT BURDEN/CREDIT UTILIZATION-

2022-06-30_28729

Now, See if you don't have any burden then also point score will be less or even if you have heavy debt burden then marks will be deducted or less score. So, I will add 20-29% which is 145-155 points along with previous points.

3. LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY-

The most important thing look at the points in increasing order along with years,so better to keep our old products active.

2022-06-30_28829

Add No.of Months like which is the longest credit report product for you mine is in 12-23 months, so I will add 105-115 points with the previous one. (It can be seen in the cibil report or directly in OneScore App)

4.RECENT SEARCHES FOR CREDIT/CREDIT ENQUIRIES-

2022-06-30_28929

Now, See How Many Enquiries have you made in CIBIL in the Last 6 Months that also impact, Add this previous one.

5. TYPES OF CREDIT/MIXTURE OF CREDIT ACCOUNTS-

It is always healthy if you have a mixture of Loans like Credit Card, Personal loans, Home loans, etc. Now, see the table

2022-06-30_281029

NOW, ADD All those Five Things and final outcome would be your expected Credit Score,offcourse it would be not accurate but it's 90-95% Accurate.This Formula has been applied to 20 Different People and the Results were +/-20 Points are here and there.

Try and comment.

aayusharyan

TF Ace

2022-06-30_28429

Now, This is the Ratio, that our Credit Score comes from and has an Impact on Gaining and Losing Credit Score in Points.

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

2022-06-30_28629

Now, See even if you don't pay the bank/NBFC then also you will get a score but see the points gap,

2022-06-30_28729

Now, See if you don't have any burden then also point score will be less or even if you have heavy debt burden then marks will be deducted or less score. So, I will add 20-29% which is 145-155 points along with previous points.

The most important thing look at the points in increasing order along with years,so better to keep our old products active.

2022-06-30_28829

Add No.of Months like which is the longest credit report product for you mine is in 12-23 months, so I will add 105-115 points with the previous one. (It can be seen in the cibil report or directly in OneScore App)

2022-06-30_28929

Now, See How Many Enquiries have you made in CIBIL in the Last 6 Months that also impact, Add this previous one.

It is always healthy if you have a mixture of Loans like Credit Card, Personal loans, Home loans, etc. Now, see the table

2022-06-30_281029

NOW, ADD All those Five Things and final outcome would be your expected Credit Score,offcourse it would be not accurate but it's 90-95% Accurate.This Formula has been applied to 20 Different People and the Results were +/-20 Points are here and there.

Try and comment.
Wow, according to middle values of this chart. My CIBIL should be 785. Actual is 788. Nice information. 😍

tn_72

TF Select
In the Unites states and Canada, there are two more factors in addition to those listed in the main post that could influence credit score. One is how long have you stayed in particular address and other the percentage of defaulters in your neighborhood (pincode/zipcode). The above two are proxy indicators of financial stability. If you are constantly changing address, it would mean that you can't afford to pay the rent and hence constantly moving out with unpaid dues, which indicates financial instability. Conversely, if you have not changed address for a long period of time, it would indicate that you own the house you stay at and hence you are financially stable. Second if you are in a poor neighborhood, the probability that you default is higher. Transunion which is one of the credit bureaus in US/Canada, operates as Transunion CIBIL in India. So chances are they could use the aforementioned factors for CIBIL score calculation, but the weightage might be too less when compared to US/Canada.

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1000015456.png
In my CIBIL report, I don't understand these entries.
I didn't apply any HDFC CC in 6/23
Do they do inquiry for generating upgrade offer that wasn't requested by customer?

How long will effects of inquiry affect score? 6 months Max?

Upgrade to Infinia in December doesn't show any hit so far. Will it show later?

Also, Sbm was savings account for vested. Why does inquiry show cc?

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
1000015456.png
In my CIBIL report, I don't understand these entries.
I didn't apply any HDFC CC in 6/23
Do they do inquiry for generating upgrade offer that wasn't requested by customer?

How long will effects of inquiry affect score? 6 months Max?

Upgrade to Infinia in December doesn't show any hit so far. Will it show later?

Also, Sbm was savings account for vested. Why does inquiry show cc?
E-mail HDFC with latest report, they'll remove.

Same for SBM.

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Based on formula (and assuming effects of June 23 inquiry are still there), score range is 775-850. Avg is 812
But my score is 794.

1000015457.png

I have a question, Due to annual insurance premiums, my credit utility is going to reach 46% in Feb statement.

Will that drop score by 100 points immediately and recover in next month,?
How frequently is CIBIL refreshed? Or depending on how refresh date aligns with cc bill date, score may not drop, or recover after few months?

Is it advised to pay bill in advance in Feb?

Usually usage is ~5%

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a question, Due to annual insurance premiums, my credit utility is going to reach 46% in Feb statement.

Will definitely take a hit, don’t think it will be 100.
It will recover immediately after you pay in full and when it was reported of the same.
However you will not be effected if you pay the entire amount before bill generation

How frequently is CIBIL refreshed? Or depending on how refresh date aligns with cc bill date
For every event that influences the score . There is no set period. It’s refreshed on demand when a financial institution asks for it. Means the latest score as per data reported will be served to the financial institution. It had nothing to with align to your reporting period

If you don’t want your score to be impacted negatively, it is highly advisable to clear your outstanding bill before bill generation/ reporting date whichever is earlier

Usually usage is ~5%
Make it to 0 or -ve on each of the accounts and then see your score jump to 804, other things being equal..
Enjoy weekend

D₹V

TF Prestige
Usually usage is ~5%
Usage is counted on card to card basis, not overall
Yes
No, that happens in late payments.

You score might drop upto 30 points
How frequently is CIBIL refreshed? Or depending on how refresh date aligns with cc bill date, score may not drop, or recover after few months?
Whenever something changes, doesn't care about when you refresh.

Clear all dues before month end / report date.

Make outstanding zero or negative to see huge impact in CIBIL score.

HDFC/SBI/KOTAK/etc reports in month end.

drsel

TF Legend
Usage is counted on card to card basis, not overall

Yes

No, that happens in late payments.

You score might drop upto 30 points

Whenever something changes, doesn't care about when you refresh.

Clear all dues before month end / report date.

Make outstanding zero or negative to see huge impact in CIBIL score.

HDFC/SBI/KOTAK/etc reports in month end.
Is negative balance better than zero for CIBIL score?
How much negative 1, 100, 1000, 5000, 10000?

praful47

TF Premier

2022-06-30_28429

1. PAYMENT HISTORY-

2022-06-30_28629

2022-06-30_28729

2022-06-30_28829

2022-06-30_28929

2022-06-30_281029

Try and comment.
Noone can predict the actual or nearby cibil . No matter how much theories you put in .
Cibil varies case to case with very minute details

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally reached the magic figure of 800 after staying around 780 for almost 3 years. No loans except some closed pay later accounts.

3 events in last month -

Current cibil utilisation says Zero for every card. It's taking March data and I cleared everything in March.

Last 6 months enquiry is 2.

Overall credit age 5+. But that card is closed actually. So, among active cards, it is lesser.

Not sure what triggered it. As per formula, zero utilisation is bad, but here it doesn't seem to be the case. Enquiries do seem to matter, as it is after long time that I have only 2 enquiries in 6 months.

Let's see if it stays or I come back to 780 next month, as utilisation is back to normal next month and hopefully no enquiry.

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_112654.jpg
    IMG_20240502_112654.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

anisharya16

TF Select
Finally reached the magic figure of 800 after staying around 780 for almost 3 years. No loans except some closed pay later accounts.

3 events in last month -

Current cibil utilisation says Zero for every card. It's taking March data and I cleared everything in March.

Last 6 months enquiry is 2.

Overall credit age 5+. But that card is closed actually. So, among active cards, it is lesser.

Not sure what triggered it. As per formula, zero utilisation is bad, but here it doesn't seem to be the case. Enquiries do seem to matter, as it is after long time that I have only 2 enquiries in 6 months.

Let's see if it stays or I come back to 780 next month, as utilisation is back to normal next month and hopefully no enquiry.
Yes I also experience the same, one of my card utilisation was 0% but then I used it for some transaction and it increased to 4% and then credit score decreased.