• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil score dropped by 100 points

Hello! I have an icici credit card the bill was 109.75 in august but I only paid 109 rupees and my cibil dropped by 100 points I didn't check my statements because I was not using that card is there anything I can do about it?

Edit: They removed late payment entry from the cibil report

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.48.54.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.48.54.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.49.38.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.49.38.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.50.00.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.50.00.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.50.40.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 18.50.40.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Complain it to RBI Ombudsman about cred not refunding your money which ruined your credit score and RBI may direct the credit bureaus to rectify and will penalize cred for this. To avoid this whenever such verification happens I pay that money then and there just in case I don't get a refund to be on safe side.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Hello! I have an icici credit card which when I added to cred took 2 rs but I thought I got an refund but they didn't they did after 2 months because of this my cibil dropped by 100 points is there any way to solve this
IMO its your mistake as well bro, you should check your cc statement regularly as soon as they get generated

If you would have checked, you could have known that those 2 rs are not refunded and you need to pay that

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Credit card is powerful and with power, comes responsibility.

I understand CRED is at fault here but it's your duty, as a CC holder to check the dues as and when they're generated every month to avoid situations like this. What if someone hacked your card and paid lots of money? What if the bank itself charged a fee that you were unaware of?

Keeping a check of the dues and statements every month would avoid scenarios like this.

But now that it's done, reach out to Cred support and through their social media, report to CIBIL and ask them to take down the request(with the help of docs that will come from Cred).

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hello! I have an icici credit card which when I added to cred took 2 rs but I thought I got an refund but they didn't they did after 2 months because of this my cibil dropped by 100 points is there any way to solve this
for 2/- bank doesn't report to cibil for charges less than 100/- right? n cred must have reminder u to pay the bill. you were not paying attention to due date. something is missing here.

Tejo

TF Legend
Complain it to RBI Ombudsman about cred not refunding your money which ruined your credit score and RBI may direct the credit bureaus to rectify and will penalize cred for this. To avoid this whenever such verification happens I pay that money then and there just in case I don't get a refund to be on safe side.
Yar please, why everyone simply tells to complain RBI BO ?

I request to first contact bank and the merchant, if they don't help, then we need to complain to BO.

Also, it's credit card holder responsibility to check statement for any dues of every cycle, if refund not issued then they need to dispute.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yar please, why everyone simply tells to complain RBI BO ?

I request to first contact bank and the merchant, if they don't help, then we need to complain to BO.

Also, it's credit card holder responsibility to check statement for any dues of every cycle, if refund not issued then they need to dispute.
Bro, with due respect bank will do nothing here. Even cred will write a sweet mail regarding accepting their mistake of not refunding. Eventually OP will have to go to RBI BO.

for 2/- bank doesn't report to cibil for charges less than 100/- right? n cred must have reminder u to pay the bill. you were not paying attention to due date. something is missing here.
There is some misinformation from my side. The bill was 109.75 back in August. I paid 109 rupees and cred refunded the amount on the same day. I don't know why I did think that was cred. ; I didn't pay that .75 rupees didn't check the statements as I was not using the card and didn't get any reminder from the cred for some reason is there anything I can do about this?

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
There is some misinformation from my side. The bill was 109.75 back in August. I paid 109 rupees and cred refunded the amount on the same day. I don't know why I did think that was cred. ; I didn't pay that .75 rupees didn't check the statements as I was not using the card and didn't get any reminder from the cred for some reason is there anything I can do about this?

Good to know you found where the issue is. Learn from this and move on. Your score will improve overtime.

Probably, close the card/s where the usage is low and you don't have the auto-debit (or any other automatic payment) facility.

Tejo

TF Legend
Write a mail to icici nodal officer, requesting to revoke late payment info in credit bureaus.

Off-topic, someone in TF reported that Amex revoked late payment regarding ₹1 in cibil*

Good to know you found where the issue is. Learn from this and move on. Your score will improve overtime.

Probably, close the card/s where the usage is low and you don't have the auto-debit (or any other automatic payment) facility.
Is there anything can i do to remove that non-payment that 0.75 rupees, and do banks even 0.75 rupees to cibil

vega

TF Premier
The bank can't do anything.

But I think you can sue cred.

You can request bank to not report this as late payment in cibil.
No need to sue.

As far as I remember, in one of my previous conversation with ICICI, my call was transferred to concerned department which takes care of credit reporting. So first contact ICICI, they might be generous to help you out.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hello! I have an icici credit card the bill was 109.75 in august but I only paid 109 rupees and my cibil dropped by 100 points I didn't check my statements because I was not using that card is there anything I can do about it?
You're not revealing proper details here.

CIBIL doesn't drop on partial payments as long as minimum due is paid.

So, your story that you missed paying 0.75 INR and your score dropped doesn't sound convincing.

Tejo

TF Legend

So, your story that you missed paying 0.75 INR and your score dropped doesn't sound convincing.
I thought minimum due applicable only if statement bill crosses .. ₹500+

There's no such criteria?

hello, sir the in september the actual due 0.75 and the minimum due was 0.75 I didn't check the statement so It was a late payment