• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL score dropped by 22 points

Quantum

TF Premier
Yesterday, the score was 796.
No bill due, nothing. In fact, the last remaining bill was overpaid by Rs. 2 before the bill generation date.
I refreshed the report today, and the score is 774.

Nothing in Alerts section, no SMS from CIBIL regarding any new addition/deletion/update/enquiry.

Only one thing that I could observe is that I have not done any transaction on any of my credit cards post 26th Nov. However, the statement generated for the period 17 Nov to 17 Dec does contain some expenses and bill payment transaction.
In the payment history of cards, the last month is still November. So, it isn't like something was reported for December and that took it down.

Not sure what caused the score to reduce.

Definitely not the surprise I was expecting from 2024 *sigh*

Last edited:

vissu295

TF Buzz
My CIBIL score dropped from 800+ to 769 and I didn't miss any payments. Recently, I got coral and emeralde private metal CCs. My annual sub expired a few months back and looks like I need to subscribe again to find out the reason!! Currently, I am able to access the free cibil report from AXIS and it shows nothing out of ordinary. The experian and CRIF scores didn't change much (checked on cred) and stayed at 847 and 783.
Score is back to 795 in a month and simulator shows it can go to 805 if I clear all my CC outstanding amount. So, looks like a 30 point drop earlier was due to couple of new credit cards.

techt

TF Legend
Score is back to 795 in a month and simulator shows it can go to 805 if I clear all my CC outstanding amount. So, looks like a 30 point drop earlier was due to couple of new credit cards.
Any new inquiry takes about 3 points. 2 inquiries may cost 10 points at max. You can verify this in the simulator.

Reactions: SSV

ALOAK

TF Premier
Any new inquiry takes about 3 points. 2 inquiries may cost 10 points at max. You can verify this in the simulator.
For me there was no enquiry since 2022 still score went down from 704 to 724. I also saw on idfc cred loan mentioned no suit filed and i contacted bank and adked them why it was updated they have taken request adked to check afte 10 working days. Let us see only addtion wad amex mrcc in 2023 and jan 2024 gold charge but no enquiry seen but shows new account. Earlier there were no score drops for new account but strange ways cibil functions

vissu295

TF Buzz
I got 2 new cards during this period. It was not just enquiries. Also, I believe axis had reported Citi card which is around 18 years old as its own in last month's report. Icici reported additional address. Don't know which one of these pulled down the score so much.

techt

TF Legend
I got 2 new cards during this period. It was not just enquiries. Also, I believe axis had reported Citi card which is around 18 years old as its own in last month's report. Icici reported additional address. Don't know which one of these pulled down the score so much.
Citi scenario would actually increase your score as the History is increased.
ICICI thing no impact.

vissu295

TF Buzz
Citi scenario would actually increase your score as the History is increased.
ICICI thing no impact.
Axis entry is showing only age of 3 years. Most likely due to card renewal. The old citi entry with age 18 years is gone. Instead, I have couple of citi entries from 2006-2009 and 2009-2011.

Last edited: