• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL score dropped by 22 points

Quantum

TF Premier
Yesterday, the score was 796.
No bill due, nothing. In fact, the last remaining bill was overpaid by Rs. 2 before the bill generation date.
I refreshed the report today, and the score is 774.

Nothing in Alerts section, no SMS from CIBIL regarding any new addition/deletion/update/enquiry.

Only one thing that I could observe is that I have not done any transaction on any of my credit cards post 26th Nov. However, the statement generated for the period 17 Nov to 17 Dec does contain some expenses and bill payment transaction.
In the payment history of cards, the last month is still November. So, it isn't like something was reported for December and that took it down.

Not sure what caused the score to reduce.

Definitely not the surprise I was expecting from 2024 *sigh*

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So it seems many are affected.

I raised a new query/request to CIBIL today highlighting this sudden decrease in the score without any change in the facts, via: https://ssp.cibil.com/contact-us/newApplicationForm/csr1f6?
Do mention the old and new CIBIL report control number in your query.

Please use the above link to write to CIBIL regarding this so that they take it seriously and provide some clarification/rationale.

To the folks, for whom the score reduced without any change in the facts, could you please share what is the age of your OLDEST ACTIVE credit card/loan that is being reported to CIBIL?

Asking this as I'm just trying to validate a hypothesis based on the collective data.
Mine is 5 years 3 months old.
Refreshed again today .. stayed at the same 785 ..yesterday reduced by 1 without any changes in material facts

achaiah13

TF Buzz
Hi.. Mine has increased by 10 points (776 on 29.12.23 to 786 on 2.1.24). Nothing has changed in these 3 days for it to increase by so much. Had couple of credit card enquires in December.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Happened with me in past multiple times. If you mail them, they are just going to share generic things about how score is impacted. For me everything was green and they failed to provide actual reason.
Score again bumped up automatically in 1-2 months.
If you have not done anything that impacts score, it will again get fixed in a month or two. They will never pinpoint the reason. I doubt if even the support knows

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Last month my utilisation went up from 2% to 23%, Score went down from 783 to 773.
This month utilisation came down to 8%, Score went up by 7 points, Score today is 780.
My utilisation is 22 % .. gonna go near 40 .. 🐨
But next month gonna go down due to another card add

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yesterday, the score was 796.
No bill due, nothing. In fact, the last remaining bill was overpaid by Rs. 2 before the bill generation date.
I refreshed the report today, and the score is 774.

Nothing in Alerts section, no SMS from CIBIL regarding any new addition/deletion/update/enquiry.

Only one thing that I could observe is that I have not done any transaction on any of my credit cards post 26th Nov. However, the statement generated for the period 17 Nov to 17 Dec does contain some expenses and bill payment transaction.
In the payment history of cards, the last month is still November. So, it isn't like something was reported for December and that took it down.

Not sure what caused the score to reduce.

Definitely not the surprise I was expecting from 2024 *sigh*

SCHEME POR YOU ..TO IMPROVE CIBIL

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Checking on onescore ?
Onescore shows derogatory remarks for multiple addresses for me too but I have Cibil Subscription where Reports say none.
Same brother. @S S V any wisdom

It seems some sort of new algorithm at work since Jan 1.. need to wait for some more time to diagnose this using more use cases ..
My score is stable at 785 after 1 point reduction.. just refreshed again...(3rd time since Jan1)

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update: No change in Cibil score(per bajaj website) but have observed a high bump in utilization percentage which aint correct since i cleared most of my payment before due date and was expecting decrease in this category.however will pull another after 7th to cross check.