• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL score dropped by 22 points

Quantum

TF Premier
Yesterday, the score was 796.
No bill due, nothing. In fact, the last remaining bill was overpaid by Rs. 2 before the bill generation date.
I refreshed the report today, and the score is 774.

Nothing in Alerts section, no SMS from CIBIL regarding any new addition/deletion/update/enquiry.

Only one thing that I could observe is that I have not done any transaction on any of my credit cards post 26th Nov. However, the statement generated for the period 17 Nov to 17 Dec does contain some expenses and bill payment transaction.
In the payment history of cards, the last month is still November. So, it isn't like something was reported for December and that took it down.

Not sure what caused the score to reduce.

Definitely not the surprise I was expecting from 2024 *sigh*

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You always suggest 0 or -ve, but truth be told I haven't tried. Should I try? Mine currently is 783.
this is the proof: I used to have about 800 score before..
now see:

But I will show you my score again after 2 months, when I planned to clear everything, it would be back again around 800...
you can see that it my score simulator as well..( now itself)..

Now decide yourself ...

Since I joined this forum there is no- one else who shared their whole CC journey with live screenshots like ME... NO-one else...

1705064233173.png

1705064169181.png

Score simulator: when I make outstaindig balances as 0 on ALL ccs..

1705064428645.png

Last edited:

vega

TF Premier
this is the proof: I used to have about 800 score before..
now see:

But I will show you my score again after 2 months, when I planned to clear everything, it would be back again around 800...
you can see that it my score simulator as well..( now itself)..

Now decide yourself ...

Since I joined this forum there is no- one else who shared their whole CC journey with live screenshots like ME... NO-one else...

1705064233173.png

1705064169181.png

Score simulator: when I make outstaindig balances as 0 on ALL ccs..

1705064428645.png
In that case, I am gonna have to follow your advice.(y)

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

ALOAK

TF Premier
Even I don't have anylate payments or adverse remark but I got alert stating contact and address updated when I check it is the same co tact and address on Jan 27th it reduced from 794 to 760 and yesterday it reduced to 724. Not sure why it is dropping although there is not much utilization usually my utilization is around 2 to 5% of all cards I had one Amazon pay later today I got it closed. I don't have any home loan or personal loans car loans are closed a year back. Something is wrong somewhere with cibil as I can't see any adverse or late payments.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Even I don't have anylate payments or adverse remark but I got alert stating contact and address updated when I check it is the same co tact and address on Jan 27th it reduced from 794 to 760 and yesterday it reduced to 724. Not sure why it is dropping although there is not much utilization usually my utilization is around 2 to 5% of all cards I had one Amazon pay later today I got it closed. I don't have any home loan or personal loans car loans are closed a year back. Something is wrong somewhere with cibil as I can't see any adverse or late payments.
Share your cibil report.. there must be some default .to dip so much

ALOAK

TF Premier
It still shows credit utilization 1 % report years 20yrs 6 months. Total account 36 and total enquiry is 17 and last enquiry was in 2022 by sbi after this no enquiry at all. In total I have 15 accounts opened and rest were all closed long time back.the only one I closed yesterday was Amazon pay later they said will take 45 working days to report to ciibil as closed I received noc for this already.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
It still shows credit utilization 1 % report years 20yrs 6 months. Total account 36 and total enquiry is 17 and last enquiry was in 2022 by sbi after this no enquiry at all. In total I have 15 accounts opened and rest were all closed long time back.the only one I closed yesterday was Amazon pay later they said will take 45 working days to report to ciibil as closed I received noc for this already.
Where are you checking your report ?

vissu295

TF Buzz
My CIBIL score dropped from 800+ to 769 and I didn't miss any payments. Recently, I got coral and emeralde private metal CCs. My annual sub expired a few months back and looks like I need to subscribe again to find out the reason!! Currently, I am able to access the free cibil report from AXIS and it shows nothing out of ordinary. The experian and CRIF scores didn't change much (checked on cred) and stayed at 847 and 783.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I don't have any default i pay before the billing cycle date. Even then I see banks sometimes report before billing or end of month. But I pay it in full. I don't have default at all.
U pay in full ✅
But there must be wrong entry saar

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My CIBIL score dropped from 800+ to 769 and I didn't miss any payments. Recently, I got coral and emeralde private metal CCs. My annual sub expired a few months back and looks like I need to subscribe again to find out the reason!! Currently, I am able to access the free cibil report from AXIS and it shows nothing out of ordinary. The experian and CRIF scores didn't change much (checked on cred) and stayed at 847 and 783.
Maybe new credit system rating in place

ALOAK

TF Premier
Today I got another alert hdfc has reported stating new address where has it is the same one. Why are the banks updating contact and address as new contact when they are the same and no changes. Any rule changes is it

vissu295

TF Buzz
Today I got another alert hdfc has reported stating new address where has it is the same one. Why are the banks updating contact and address as new contact when they are the same and no changes. Any rule changes is it
You are right. I too noticed that a new address was added, but it was incorrect (mix of 2 addresses!!).

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
good to know.. others cibil scores have taken a hit. for me 791 to 782. 9 point Decrease. could be i applied for 2 amex cc and 1 bob snapdeal cc. rest all the same and on airel app when i try for cibil, crif score of 750 showed up.. that gave me a minor attack thinking from 791 to 750.. then i gave a second look and it was crif instead of cibil.