• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL Hit without Apply LnT Finance

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,
Today I noticed my CIBIL dropped by 8 points and I can see a CIBIL hit by consumer loan without even me applying. I don’t know what’s happening. Also noticed I have received an SMS about it earlier.

Please guide how shall I escalate and how do I remove the enquiry.

I don’t even know what is CLEAG_SQUARE_YARDS

IMG_1075.jpeg IMG_1078.jpeg

vissu295

TF Buzz
I have the exact same problem. Never had any relationship with them. I have cibil personal loan enquiry in the report and keep getting whatsapp messages thanking for applying. I disputed on cibil and they have asked for my kyc.
I argued on the need for me giving these documents. They said they can't do anything without cross checking kyc. When I tried to upload the kyc docs in the link they shared, it errors out.

I sent email to ltfs at the same time when I disputed on cibil. You can try sending email.

Looks like this squareyards f****ers are doing this. Again, I don't remember using them before.

Dear xxx, In response to your interest expressed for a Personal Loan with CLEAG_SQUARE_YARDS, we are pleased to inform you that your application is approved by L&T Finance. Kindly click here https://planet.ltfs.com/LTFS-CL/ to complete your paperless loan application and get funds in your account within 2 hours.

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have the exact same problem. Never had any relationship with them. I have cibil personal loan enquiry in the report and keep getting whatsapp messages thanking for applying. I disputed on cibil and they have asked for my kyc.
I argued on the need for me giving these documents. They said they can't do anything without cross checking kyc. When I tried to upload the kyc docs in the link they shared, it errors out.

I sent email to ltfs at the same time when I disputed on cibil. You can try sending email.

Looks like this squareyards f****ers are doing this. Again, I don't remember using them before.

Dear xxx, In response to your interest expressed for a Personal Loan with CLEAG_SQUARE_YARDS, we are pleased to inform you that your application is approved by L&T Finance. Kindly click here https://planet.ltfs.com/LTFS-CL/ to complete your paperless loan application and get funds in your account within 2 hours.
I have also sent an email and they asked for Aadhar, PAN and CIBIL in pdf format which have CRN. Any idea what does CRN means?

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
I already talked to their customer care after disputing. He said that I applied, hence they will not remove enquiry. I asked about application number, to which he had no idea. The bastard even challenged me to complain to RBI. I am waiting for 30 days time to file complaint with RBI.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I too got an enquiry from LNT finance. They're refusing to remove it. I checked & found that it was due to Postpe. They've done a cibil enquiry without any OTP from me. How do I proceed?

Yes, This is happening with many people including me, Just check their twitter for last month. For me there are two enquiries one in Sept 2023 and another in Feb 2024.
In Sept, I complained to them but they took lot of time and didn't remove and always said they are looking into the issue. after sometime i forgot to enquire again. But in Feb 2024, they hitted again and i lost my temper. I abused them over the mail in fancy words. and at the same time i lodged complaint to RBI, to which they have replied that

Greetings from L&T Finance.

This is with reference to the complaint no. N2*** raised by Mr. ** ** through the Banking Ombudsman on 25th September, 2024 regarding CIBIL enquiry done even when he has not applied for any loan.

We have investigated this matter and below are our findings:

Based on our observation, we had received a loan enquiry request through IVR consent for personal loan of L&T finance from your mobile number ********** through urbanmoney. (Please find attachment of email consent sent to through urbanmoney)

Hence, CIBIL check was done to check your loan eligibility.

Subsequently, we deny the allegation made.

Made several followups after this, but these bastards are replying same thing even after complaint to RBI. They are literally saying that I got an automated RoboCall (spam of course) and have taken my consent through that. I denied that i don't even pick spam calls forget about giving consent.
But these bastards you know.

I think, you all will get same reply and same reason. These bastards not even fear RBI and when i asked about taking consent through Spam IVR calls, they didn't comment on that.

Did anyone able to remove these fake enquiries?

I am replying to RBI today, which RBI has asked to provide my comments if extra escalation is needed. I suggest you all should do extra escalation once you get the reply from RBI stating the fraud practices of lnt finance, this might help if RBI asks questions to them.