• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneScore tracking CIBIL score without details

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had signed up on OneScore app earlier this year, but hadn't provided details like PAN, Name and DOB. So essentially they only have my phone number and email.
Then 3 days ago, I checked my credit score on GPay, and voila OneScore also notified me of the same.
Now when I checked OneScore they are still asking me to complete registration, by filling in my details.

Is this expected?
Would like to understand how this works better.

1685448681730.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Also on GPay I'm not able to see my CIBIL history, they're only showing me my current score. Where can I check my history?
I don't know about GPay... Generally all these apps show only the snapshot of your credit score at that time, that too you will be allowed to refresh periodically only. i.e. everyh 45 days etc.. They don't generally keep the history..
If you want history, you need to subscribe to the CIBIL official website here and choose the term you would like. Here you can refresh everyday and it stores history..

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The cibil official website seems to be paid. There's no free tool for the history?
Not that I know of.
I subscribed to the yearly plan with some 10% discount. It gives you the insights of how credit score is built over the period of time.
If you really keen to know more details about how credit score works, this year plan is of good help...

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Would OneScore have this data? Given they mailed that my score was updated.
Opinion here is mostly positive, but con is inability to delete data from the app.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Would OneScore have this data? Given they mailed that my score was updated.
Opinion here is mostly positive, but con is inability to delete data from the app.
Sorry don't know about one score.
Credit score data can never be deleted.. only financial insitutions are allowed to modify the data...

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I had signed up on OneScore app earlier this year, but hadn't provided details like PAN, Name and DOB. So essentially they only have my phone number and email.
Then 3 days ago, I checked my credit score on GPay, and voila OneScore also notified me of the same.
Now when I checked OneScore they are still asking me to complete registration, by filling in my details.

Is this expected?
I think they are trying to bait you. They can't access data after 6 months, so they might be attempting to trick you into granting them access once more.

Strange

TF Legend

Is this expected?

1685448681730.png
Banks, NBFCs and fintech companies can access your Experian score by just your name and email and mobile number. If onescore has your email, name, mobile number then they must have your pan number through experian and using pan they can access your cibil score easily.

Last edited:

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I think they are trying to bait you. They can't access data after 6 months, so they might be attempting to trick you into granting them access once more.
Yeah totally.
I had signup on Jan 5 but hadn't completed the registration as mentioned above. It's not been 6 months yet, so I guess they might still have access.
But what's extraordinary is that, I hadn't even shared all my details (PAN, etc) and yet OneScore was still able to fetch my CIBIL score and update them as well 5.5 months later.

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If onescore has your email, name, mobile number then they must have your pan number through experian and using pan they can access your cibil score easily.
Thanks for sharing this. Yeah seems like a plausible explanation.
If onescore has done all this at their end, then why are they still prompting me to add these details? Seems like a FE bug now :ROFLMAO:

Strange

TF Legend
Thanks for sharing this. Yeah seems like a plausible explanation.
If onescore has done all this at their end, then why are they still prompting me to add these details? Seems like a FE bug now :ROFLMAO:
They can access our cibil and Experian score using name, email, mobile number, but still they ask us to enter address, pan and other details to complete sign up process.