• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil Hit | Need Help

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a new SBI Card and they declined. A cibil hit was made and I've been trying to get it removed.

The screenshot will explain everything below. Kindly help and provide your suggestions.

Regards,
Dhruvit Screenshot_20230925-124353.png

Solution
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a new SBI Card and they declined. A cibil hit was made and I've been trying to get it removed.

The screenshot will explain everything below. Kindly help and provide your suggestions.

Regards,
This is the main purpose of CIBIL.
When you apply , when it doesn't meet their criteria they will reject..and an enquiry will be made and stored in your credit history. You just can't ask them to remove the enquiry just because you haven't got the card.it defeats the purpose

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's upto the the bank to make the data public or not.
But I haven't seen any bank completely releasing the list of eligible pincodes.
That's right. But at the same time contradicts one of the other answers. How is the applicant supposed to know? I later found that it's better to get in touch with agents who can check and tell. From one of them, I've even been able to get the entire list of serviceable PIN codes for their bank, which the bank customer care themselves didn't have a clue about.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes correct, But sbi bank regularly update locations which you can confirm from customer care or any SBI card agent
Only after my complaint did I know that it was due to my pincode. The rejection message simply said "internal policy". Further, they mentioned they can't help directly as SBI CB is only through Sprint and agents won't be able to get it done.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I contacted many of them before applying except SBI because I assumed SBI would be there. Indusind told me they do serve my location. Some other banks refused saying they can't check from their end, and I would know only after applying.

True, but not in my case (I think). Minimal number of enquiries before hand. and good ITR, cleann report.
In that case they have misled you. Maybe you need to confirm from a nearby branch of yours? They may know about the possibility of issuing a CC in the nearby locality.

You are right in expecting that they should have some sort of PIN code check list or something so that you can verify your eligibility before applying.

Then again as far as CIC scores go, me and my friend today itself noticed the trend that the scores for someone having a credit history of greater than 5 years is affected more by the number of new accounts opened rather than the number of enquiries made.

You are right in your expectation, but I'm pretty sure that the banks will cite their card application T&Cs and simply deny the application if not on the basis of 'non serviceable location', then something else.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In that case they have misled you. Maybe you need to confirm from a nearby branch of yours? They may know about the possibility of issuing a CC in the nearby locality.

You are right in expecting that they should have some sort of PIN code check list or something so that you can verify your eligibility before applying.

Then again as far as CIC scores go, me and my friend today itself noticed the trend that the scores for someone having a credit history of greater than 5 years is affected more by the number of new accounts opened rather than the number of enquiries made.

You are right in your expectation, but I'm pretty sure that the banks will cite their card application T&Cs and simply deny the application if not on the basis of 'non serviceable location', then something else.
The CC rep said he'd get someone to talk to me when I mentioned other cards which are possible via agents. I'm waiting for the call before complaining so I know the pincode clause they mentioned is true for all. It probably won't be profitable for me now, as I had applied seeing the 1800 cashkaro offer which would cover at least 1 year of fee. :p

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
No offense but very surprised to see a thread of this nature from a moderator. 😏
Getting cibil enquiry removed from my cibil is something new to me and I have already reached the nodal officer. I have asked for help from the community.

As for a moderator, I don't see any useful response or information you provided in this thread. Refrain from replying unnecessarily on any thread in which you don't have useful contribution. Saying no offense with a snarky response doesn't let you get away with it. Stay in your limits.

Moderator is also just like one of us but with more authority over the conduct of the site, not necessarily should have more expertise..
and the service is being provided here on a voluntary basis with no financial return attached to it..
We should all be thankful to the moderators for their valuable contribution...
Loved the defense. Thank you.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hey Guys,

Regards,
need more info. you already knew this cibil inquired can't be removed(legit one).. not sure why you asked in the first place cause it legit cibil inquired that you gave permission so you can get a cc from sbi and just cause it wasn't approved you can't get it removed and i one cibil inquired where i didn't even apply from hdfc and having a hard time to get it removed. and vs this is legit.. not sure why you're worried either. removing shouldn't be solution vs why it was declined should be asked here instead. which only you would know. already hold 2-3 sbi cc?

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
need more info. you already knew this cibil inquired can't be removed(legit one).. not sure why you asked in the first place cause it legit cibil inquired that you gave permission so you can get a cc from sbi and just cause it wasn't approved you can't get it removed and i one cibil inquired where i didn't even apply from hdfc and having a hard time to get it removed. and vs this is legit.. not sure why you're worried either. removing shouldn't be solution vs why it was declined should be asked here instead. which only you would know. already hold 2-3 sbi cc?
Yeah 2 SBI cards. As for the why it's a SOP statement. RBI threat doesn't work it seems.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yeah 2 SBI cards. As for the why it's a SOP statement. RBI threat doesn't work it seems.
which 2 sbi? SBI Cashback And SImplyclick/SimplySave/Elite/Air Signature Wait there are so many sbi card though.. did you try upgrading either one of them. and if that isn't first priority it seems. cause you needed 3 SBI card.. only someone you currently have 3 SBI cards would shed some light. would ask the expert in our community to find that individual.. cause I'm sure there would be one/two/several individuals who would have 3 SBI card.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
which 2 sbi? SBI Cashback And SImplyclick/SimplySave/Elite/Air Signature Wait there are so many sbi card though.. did you try upgrading either one of them. and if that isn't first priority it seems. cause you needed 3 SBI card.. only someone you currently have 3 SBI cards would shed some light. would ask the expert in our community to find that individual.. cause I'm sure there would be one/two/several individuals who would have 3 SBI card.
Cashback and simplyclick. I tried upgrade but they don't have good ones (Vistara Prime). I think SBI has given folks 3 credit cards.

As for why and it was a genuine hit, I read somewhere that members got their AU cibil hit removed. They had applied and got rejected but still they got it removed. That's why I mailed SBI.

As for the reason if they say since you hold 2 or more and it's a risk etc. Now they will have to remove since if it was a business risk or something they shouldn't have made a cibil hit in the first place, they could've got all info from my Mobile no itself.

They're good at this as mentioned by someone above

cryoengine

TF Premier
As for a moderator, I don't see any useful response or information you provided in this thread. Refrain from replying unnecessarily on any thread in which you don't have useful contribution. Saying no offense with a snarky response doesn't let you get away with it. Stay in your limits.
is that a threat? and now you want to moderate comments based on their usefulness? In a country with 100+ languages still in practice, There are threads that start in English and derail into Hinglish meme threads. , NO Moderators care to enforce language so that people from all parts of India can understand what's being communicated. Good one man, Very typical MOD reply.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
is that a threat? and now you want to moderate comments based on their usefulness? In a country with 100+ languages still in practice, There are threads that start in English and derail into Hinglish meme threads. , NO Moderators care to enforce language so that people from all parts of India can understand what's being communicated. Good one man, Very typical MOD reply.
Just go. I don't need to use my powers for you. I already would've.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys
May I intervene here?
All Please calm down.., after all we are here to share our knowledge...
We need to stop the discussion here for a while as in the heat of the things people say things that they normally would not
Hence, just go away for a while, after all we are all friends here..

Trust Me

TF Ace
It may be common knowledge, but I'm not privy to it, so here goes:

What's the definition of a non-serviceable location ?! What are some possible criteria for this? I kind of understand if the bank doesn't have a presence there, -- but what else?

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It may be common knowledge, but I'm not privy to it, so here goes:

What's the definition of a non-serviceable location ?! What are some possible criteria for this? I kind of understand if the bank doesn't have a presence there, -- but what else?
That's what. Indusind doesn't have a branch here, but I got a confirmation from them only after which I applied. Even after that, they rejected, but I didn't care as no enquiry.

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ideally bank should not do cibil hit for non serviceable area, existing card if policy of limiting card number etc. If fundamentally, the bank clears the profile, only then they should hit cibil to check the credit profile.

Sajid

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Ideally bank should not do cibil hit for non serviceable area, existing card if policy of limiting card number etc. If fundamentally, the bank clears the profile, only then they should hit cibil to check the credit profile.
Indus must be appreciated in this matter. They won‘t do an enquiry if location is non serviceable.

Wish every bank does the same.

P B R G

TF Ace
Indus must be appreciated in this matter. They won‘t do an enquiry if location is non serviceable.

Wish every bank does the same.
I applied for SC smart card in July but couldn't submit the application because my permanent city was not there in the drop-down list. No credit Enquiry was made.

In August, applied for Scapia Card, after entering personal details and PAN straight away got rejected with no offer currently. They have mailed the exact rejection reason also as too many credit enquiries. Again no hard enquiries.

Whereas got two unnecessary PL enquiries' from ICICI last year while trying to open an online account. Third enquiry was made while opting for a FD card.