• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil Hit | Need Help

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a new SBI Card and they declined. A cibil hit was made and I've been trying to get it removed.

The screenshot will explain everything below. Kindly help and provide your suggestions.

Regards,
Dhruvit Screenshot_20230925-124353.png

Solution
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a new SBI Card and they declined. A cibil hit was made and I've been trying to get it removed.

The screenshot will explain everything below. Kindly help and provide your suggestions.

Regards,
This is the main purpose of CIBIL.
When you apply , when it doesn't meet their criteria they will reject..and an enquiry will be made and stored in your credit history. You just can't ask them to remove the enquiry just because you haven't got the card.it defeats the purpose

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey Guys,

Regards,
This is the main purpose of CIBIL.
When you apply , when it doesn't meet their criteria they will reject..and an enquiry will be made and stored in your credit history. You just can't ask them to remove the enquiry just because you haven't got the card.it defeats the purpose

Solution

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Hey Guys,

Regards,
As others have already said,

You voluntarily applied for it and it's legitimate application. You simply can't remove entry because your application was rejected.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No offense but very surprised to see a thread of this nature from a moderator. 😏
Moderator is also just like one of us but with more authority over the conduct of the site, not necessarily should have more expertise..
and the service is being provided here on a voluntary basis with no financial return attached to it..
We should all be thankful to the moderators for their valuable contribution...

Last edited:

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I agree with the rest of the answers but SBI too isn't a saint. I'll share my experience, I applied for AU, Kotak, IndusInd, IDFC, and Federal which were rejected (non serviceable location). Except IDFC, none of them did a CIBIL enquiry which is how it should be. IDFC showed Wow cc(FD) because of which they did an enquiry. Not what I was looking for but understandable.
Meanwhile SBI: Rejected my application, later revealed it is due to my address. But the thing is, Address check is what should happen in the first step. Out of the above-mentioned banks, SBI has multiple branches here so it's still a mystery what they saw in my address.
I am nobody to direct them but shouldn't CIBIl enquiry be done when it's not limited by them? If they can't service my location (debatable) there shouldn't be an enquiry.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am nobody to direct them but shouldn't CIBIl enquiry be done when it's not limited by them? If they can't service my location (debatable) there shouldn't be an enquiry.
Ideally correct. so there should be some frame work within which these paricipants(i.e.Banks) should operate while evaluating the CC applications which should be enforced by the governing body i.e. RBI , in this case..

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
I agree with the rest of the answers but SBI too isn't a saint. I'll share my experience, I applied for AU, Kotak, IndusInd, IDFC, and Federal which were rejected (non serviceable location). Except IDFC, none of them did a CIBIL enquiry which is how it should be. IDFC showed Wow cc(FD) because of which they did an enquiry. Not what I was looking for but understandable.
Meanwhile SBI: Rejected my application, later revealed it is due to my address. But the thing is, Address check is what should happen in the first step. Out of the above-mentioned banks, SBI has multiple branches here so it's still a mystery what they saw in my address.
SBI ne ye sab karne mai PHD kar rakhi hai

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I agree with the rest of the answers but SBI too isn't a saint. I'll share my experience, I applied for AU, Kotak, IndusInd, IDFC, and Federal which were rejected. Except IDFC, none of them did a CIBIL enquiry which is how it should be. IDFC showed Wow cc(FD) because of which they did an enquiry. Not what I was looking for but understandable.
Bro doesn't matter if the application is approved or rejected there will be a cibil enquiry. That's how the bank's will come to know how much credit hungry the individual is.

Again it's upto the bank to not make a hard enquiry.

Also not making an enquiry would eventually lose the purpose of CIBIL/ credit score.

Also if they start not making any enquiries for rejected application then just imagine how many applications would be made by an individual without worrying about the score drop.

Also too much importance is been given to these CIBIL/ Credit scores in recent times.
Just ontime bill payments is all that matters the most in a long run.

Cheers.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ideally correct. so there should be some frame work within which these paricipants(i.e.Banks) should operate while evaluating the CC applications which should be enforced by the governing body i.e. RBI , in this case..
Since this doesn't affect the majority, it won't be a priority. Even if they do, it'll take time for all banks to be on the same page.
SBI ne ye sab karne mai PHD kar rakhi hai
SBI was the least expected at least for me. They've branches all over.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro doesn't matter if the application is approved or rejected there will be a cibil enquiry. That's how the bank's will come to know how credit hungry the individual is.
Approved or not that's a separate thing. But if the limitation is with the bank, why should I be on the losing end? Why do you think somebody would apply despite knowing that they won't deliver the card at their location? If banks already made the locations public, then there wouldn't be a problem.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Approved or not that's a separate thing. But if the limitation is with the bank, why should I be on the losing end? Why do you think somebody would apply despite knowing that they won't deliver the card at their location? If banks already made the locations public, then there wouldn't be a problem.
Banks have right to accept or decline application…….whether location is serviceable or not

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Most of the times banks reject an application on basis of an applicants credit profile. It is rare for them to reject on basis of 'non serviceable location', especially since they expect the applicant to verify whether his address is serviceable or not, prior to making the application.

Then again it happens sometimes that inspite of being situated at a serviceable location, the application gets rejected. In such cases the bank has erred especially if they cite 'non serviceable locatuon' as a reason for rejection of the application. Further escalation with the bank results in them changing the reason for rejection but they DO NOT remove the CIC enquiry.

Banks simply want to provide get everyone's business subject to them having a reasonable credit profile. Hence, they simply do not bother about anything else assuming that the applicant is aware of the other criteria to be met.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Since this doesn't affect the majority, it won't be a priority. Even if they do, it'll take time for all banks to be on the same page
You are right, this may not be a priority right now..
My point being every single major aspect of financial activity in the country should have some sort mechanism/ framework under which it has to operate. The government should approach these issues from that POV. Unless we take these steps early in the cycle, it becomes too bigger later considering the size of Indian economy.
The problem here , that is still prevailing is: Rules are there to break, not to follow..Unless we get rid of this ,nothing much progresses..
Having said that India is going in the right direction lately when compared to a few decades ago..Still a lot to cover to become a superpower..

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's upto the the bank to make the data public or not.
But I haven't seen any bank completely releasing the list of eligible pincodes.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Not denying that. But the "serviceable location" isn't defined anywhere, right?
If banks can define age, ITR, Salary etc. they should also define what they consider as a serviceable location. That's my opinion
Yes correct, But sbi bank regularly update locations which you can confirm from customer care or any SBI card agent

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is rare for them to reject on basis of 'non serviceable location', especially since they expect the applicant to verify whether his address is serviceable or not, prior to making the application.
I contacted many of them before applying except SBI because I assumed SBI would be there. Indusind told me they do serve my location. Some other banks refused saying they can't check from their end, and I would know only after applying.
Most of the times banks reject an application on basis of an applicants credit profile
True, but not in my case (I think). Minimal number of enquiries before hand. and good ITR, cleann report.