• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL Hit for Credit Limit Enhancement

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi
I requested CL enhancement for my Axis FK card and UBI Rupay Platinum cards. I can see there are two CIBIL Hits from Axis(against CC) and UBI(Loan against Bank Deposits) mostly due to these two requests. Can someone confirm this for axis and UBI? Banks do enquiry for CL enhancement as well? Till now I did not get any cibil hits for limit enhancement which were given by banks itself.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Hi
I requested CL enhancement for my Axis FK card and UBI Rupay Platinum cards. I can see there are two CIBIL Hits from Axis(against CC) and UBI(Loan against Bank Deposits) mostly due to these two requests. Can someone confirm this for axis and UBI? Banks do enquiry for CL enhancement as well? Till now I did not get any cibil hits for limit enhancement which were given by banks itself.
If banks provide LE then no Cibil hits but when you ask for LE then there is a Cibil hit.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Hi
Check this thread for more info

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If banks provide LE then no Cibil hits but when you ask for LE then there is a Cibil hit.
Then I unnecessarily asked for Axis bank as I was issued my second LTF card Axis Indian oil on Jan 10 with CL 3.75 Lakhs and got shared limit with existing FK card. Ultimately in records they upgraded my FK card with CL 3.75 L from 1 L earlier but everything is same. Unnecessarily got the CIBIL hit. Let's see how UBI answered my request. Existing limit is 80 K.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Then I unnecessarily asked for Axis bank as I was issued my second LTF card Axis Indian oil on Jan 10 with CL 3.75 Lakhs and got shared limit with existing FK card. Ultimately in records they upgraded my FK card with CL 3.75 L from 1 L earlier but everything is same. Unnecessarily got the CIBIL hit. Let's see how UBI answered my request. Existing limit is 80 K.
Oh, Instead of LE you should've asked them to remove per card credit limit as your aggregate limit was 3.75L anyways. Nevermind, one Cibil hit will not change your credit score much. Check below thread for more info.

AsB

TF Ace
Hi
Yes, most banks will make a hard enquiry if you manually request for a LE.
In my case, HDFC didnt do any CIBIL hit, but Axis did.
However, you can send an email to Axis bank stating that since you didnt apply for a new card or loan, then that hard enquiry should be removed.

AsB

TF Ace
Yes, most banks will make a hard enquiry if you manually request for a LE.
In my case, HDFC didnt do any CIBIL hit, but Axis did.
However, you can send an email to Axis bank stating that since you didnt apply for a new card or loan, then that hard enquiry should be removed.
Not all the banks will remove that enquiry. But, Axis removes it. One of the few reasons, why I dont want to burn down all of their branches and their hq

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have raised the service request with kotak increase in credit limit on 26th oct.

They checked the cibil on 30th mentioning reason credit card and again today 10th November stating reason personal loan. Though I don't have any clue for this personal loan cibil hit.

How should I rectify it