• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil defaults wipe off?

cardex

TF Premier
When is this settlement likely to be erased from cibil? Or such defaults stay forever?

Attachments

• default.png
    default.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 255

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No it does not. I had the same issue, i had settled in 2009 and remained like that till 2018 when i finally closed as i was not getting any cards
Closed as in ? Repaid back the balance amount from the total dues minus the settled amount ? If you do not mind which bank was it & how did you approach them after so many years ?

cardex

TF Premier
In Transunion CIBIL it does NOT. In Experian & Equifax it will drop off after 6 years, i.e on the 7th year !
7ty year.from? Default report date or settlement date? Beside are not Experian and Equifax reports are useless as hardly any banks refers to them it seems? We don't get a hard enquiry notification from these, but CIBIL.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Closed as in ? Repaid back the balance amount from the total dues minus the settled amount ? If you do not mind which bank was it & how did you approach them after so many years ?
Yes, total amount (written off amount) - settled amount. HDFC bank, reached out to their branch and they gave me an address for their collection branch. Visited them and they gave a letter with payment details and made the payment and they issued NOC. Status changed to closed in CIBIL after 60 days.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
7ty year.from? Default report date or settlement date? Beside are not Experian and Equifax reports are useless as hardly any banks refers to them it seems? We don't get a hard enquiry notification from these, but CIBIL.
7th year from the settlement date, for sure. Yes, both are not as popular in India when compared to Transunion-CIBIL, however now a days more & more lenders are checking Experian too i.e HDFC, AXIS, YES, ABFL, RBL to name a few !

Few banks check historic data too & will never issue you a card / loan if your DPD for any CC or loan shows a DPD of "90" or more irrespective of your "current" score & payment history ..

Last edited:

cardex

TF Premier
7th year from the settlement date, for sure. Yes, both are not as popular in India when compared to Transunion-CIBIL, however more & more lenders these days are checking Experian too these days i.e HDFC, AXIS, YES, ABFL, RBL to name a few !

Few banks check historic data too & will never issue you a card / loan if your DPD for any CC or loan shows a DPD of "90" or more irrespective of your "current" score & payment history ..
So any bank which offers cc on C2C basis, without income docs without physical verification just on the basis of card image and card statement, and on good cibil and excellent Experian?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, total amount (written off amount) - settled amount. HDFC bank, reached out to their branch and they gave me an address for their collection branch. Visited them and they gave a letter with payment details and made the payment and they issued NOC. Status changed to closed in CIBIL after 60 days.
Thanks so much for the info. Did they correct the DPD too ?

Is it true that apparently HDFC never issues you a card again if you have previously defaulted on a HDFC CC or if your card has gone into collections with them, even if you pay the entire dues off ? HDFC apparently will just keep your card account in suspended / inactive for use status & never issue you a card again even after receiving the full payment on the defaulted card citing "irregular payments on previous card" ? Did HDFC issue you a card again after you paid the total amount ?

Any information in regards to this will be helpful. Thank you bro

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SBI I have 2 cards, RBL yes yet to try Had a hard enquiry on cibil just yesterday afraid to generate one more so soon.
Up to 3 hard enquires in 3 months is acceptable. Also, hard enquiries drop off from CIBIL after 3 years. So, you can try if you didn't have too many enquiries in the recent past.

cardex

TF Premier
Up to 3 hard enquires in 3 months is acceptable. Also, hard enquiries drop off from CIBIL after 3 years. So, you can try if you didn't have too many enquiries in the recent past.
How to distinguish between hard and soft enquiry like I applied for card, got a enquiry mail from cibil, your status has changed after 10-15 minutes, that a soft or hard? The enquiries shown in reports of app like gpay, one score are they hard or soft?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-31-00-54-45-00_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-31-00-54-45-00_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 47