• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis magnus addon card application/activation

anoopvk10

TF Buzz
Hello everyone. I've faced multiple challenges related to addon card Application/activation for my axis magnus. And i couldn't really find a post to explain all the steps in one place. So thought I should contribute. First post here :)

1. Getting an axis magnus card-
a.visit branch, fill the attached form. Affix photo with your sign over it. Separate forms required for individual members. Fyi - They don't check for proof of relationship (so you can get for your girlfriend/inlaws as well). Just a copy of aadhar and PAN will suffice as proof. Get a photocopy and sign on it from add on card applicant. Submit the form to any axis branch near you. Make sure to get the axis bank employee phone number to assist with any followup.
b. It took me about 3+ weeks from submitting the form to get a email and sms from axis saying my request is being processed
c. And within 5-6 days i received the add on card the PRIMARY CARD HOLDER ADDRESS address via blue dart- the whole box and all. Quite grand. Note - there was no separate priority pass in it.

2. Activation of add on card
a. you will receive a letter inside the axis magnus box which has details of card, current limit and an add on activation code. Keep this letter safe
b. Call the number 022 6798 7700 (from PRIMARY card holder mobile number) and wait to speak to customer executive (fairly easy to connect). He will guide you to an ivrs. (No need of visiting any atm/bank)
c. The first step in ivrs is OTP generation. Here is where it gets a bit tricky and even axis bank officials are not always clear about this. You will need go enter add on card number , addon card expiry , add on card holder date of birth and registered mobile number of PRIMARY CARD HOLDER. You will receive an OTP to the primary card holder mobile number by sms
d. You will need to enter the 6 digit OTP in the ivrs for activating your card.Once you enter the otp, ivrs will ask you to set and confirm you new credit card pin. Once this is done your add on card will be activated for domestic pos and atm transactions. Limits will be same as that of primary card. The card will still be disabled for online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions.
e. To enable online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions continue to select the appropriate option in ivrs/speak to phone banker who will guide you on the ivrs. And then they will ask for card details/expiry/pin along with the ADDON CARD ACTIVATION CODE PRINTED IN WELCOME LETTER ALONG WITH THE ADDON CARD and then ask to enable above mentioned transactions individually. And now you're fully set to add another person to help you meet your milestone spend. This is the only way for enabling online/contactless/international transactions for add on card.

Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• add-on-card-request (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:

ambrewz

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone. I've faced multiple challenges related to addon card Application/activation for my axis magnus. And i couldn't really find a post to explain all the steps in one place. So thought I should contribute. First post here :)

1. Getting an axis magnus card-
a.visit branch, fill the attached form. Affix photo with your sign over it. Separate forms required for individual members. Fyi - They don't check for proof of relationship (so you can get for your girlfriend/inlaws as well). Just a copy of aadhar and PAN will suffice as proof. Get a photocopy and sign on it from add on card applicant. Submit the form to any axis branch near you. Make sure to get the axis bank employee phone number to assist with any followup.
b. It took me about 3+ weeks from submitting the form to get a email and sms from axis saying my request is being processed
c. And within 5-6 days i received the add on card the PRIMARY CARD HOLDER ADDRESS address via blue dart- the whole box and all. Quite grand. Note - there was no separate priority pass in it.

2. Activation of add on card
a. you will receive a letter inside the axis magnus box which has details of card, current limit and an add on activation code. Keep this letter safe
b. Call the number 022 6798 7700 and wait to speak to customer executive (fairly easy to connect). He will guide you to an ivrs. (No need of visiting any atm/bank)
c. The first step in ivrs is OTP generation. Here is where it gets a bit tricky and even axis bank officials are not always clear about this. You will need go enter add on card number , addon card expiry , add on card holder date of birth and registered mobile number of PRIMARY CARD HOLDER. You will receive an OTP to the primary card holder mobile number by sms
d. You will need to enter the 6 digit OTP in the ivrs for activating your card.Once you enter the otp, ivrs will ask you to set and confirm you new credit card pin. Once this is done your add on card will be activated for domestic pos and atm transactions. Limits will be same as that of primary card. The card will still be disabled for online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions.
e. To enable online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions continue to select the appropriate option in ivrs/speak to phone banker who will guide you on the ivrs. And then they will ask for card details/expiry/pin along with the ADDON CARD ACTIVATION CODE PRINTED IN WELCOME LETTER ALONG WITH THE ADDON CARD and then ask to enable above mentioned transactions individually. And now you're fully set to add another person to help you meet your milestone spend. This is the only way for enabling online/contactless/international transactions for add on card.

Hope this helps someone :)
Are there any extra charges to get Add-on card or it's free ???

bulldozer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So the photo to be affixed is of the primary cardholder or the add-on card holder for whom the request is being made?
ID/Address proof of both needed?
Also is it safe to put our card number in the form? or are they expecting only the last digits?

anoopvk10

TF Buzz
So the photo to be affixed is of the primary cardholder or the add-on card holder for whom the request is being made?
ID/Address proof of both needed?
Also is it safe to put our card number in the form? or are they expecting only the last digits?
Photo of addon cardholder
Id proof of addon card holder only required (sometimes bank person may ask for primary id proof also)
Yes we have to put complete card number. Well in terms of safety - since we are directly handing over to bank official it should be safe. There is no other middleman/agent

Last edited:

jyotimanb

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey,

Could you please share what kind of confirmation you receive once the add-on application is registered in their system?

Do you receive any service request ID or application ID (C1-xx....xx-C1)?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey,

Could you please share what kind of confirmation you receive once the add-on application is registered in their system?

I got no text. Just received the card one fine day. I did get the courier details for the physical pin when it was dispatched.

jyotimanb

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got no text. Just received the card one fine day. I did get the courier details for the physical pin when it was dispatched.
Oh!
I think I have heard others of receiving some service request number, not sure though!
Expecting a few more response on your experience guys!

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hey,

addon request will be having service request ID.
You will receive something like this in mail

Your Service Request no. 2XXXXXXXXXXX for Non Axis Customer is successfully registered.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I received the mail within 2 days of submitting docs with RM.

Ask the person to send you the service request number.
Once approved you will receive another mail

Your request no. 2xxxxxxxxxx regarding Non Axis Customer is completed. We look forward to your relationship with Axis Bank.