• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Magnus Addon card app activation process (Android & iOS)

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All

I had been searching all over this forum and youtube on the process to setup axis bank add on credit card properly on my spouse's mobile and couldn't find a proper post. Hence posting this for benefit of other users. Additionally, my spouse has no existing relationship with Axis bank.

Once you receive the add on card, download the axis bank app on your spouse's (or for whom you took the addon card) mobile. Ensure the mobile number given while applying for add on card is in that mobile.
Once installed, open the app and click on Login.
It's ask to disable wifi and use data only, do that.
It'll then send an sms from the add on registered mobile and in 5 seconds the app will go to a page which shows some sort of error that you (addon card holder) dont have an active account etc etc. Here on the same page, you'll find a tab called "creditcard", click on that and punch on your addon cc details. next page is an otp verification, do it and finally it will take you to the app's homepage. click on the "creditcard" icon and it'll take you straight to the creditcard home page where the addon card will show up.
Things aren't complete yet.

Next you need to login to the primary card holder's mobile app and navigate to creditcards section.
Over there , where it shows you card (in my case Magnus), there will be a new tag "Primary" written beside the card on the app and also you'll see a small swipe down arrow, which when swiped down reveals the addon card. click on the addon card and it will allow you to reset pin. do the same.
Also it will allow you to set domestic and international limits for the addon card (please note this limit setting is not allowed in the addon card holder's app as the primary card holder get the privilege). Once done. you're all set.

Also one confusion I saw over is that you can identify which card spent what amout. I can confirm you can see the spends separately on each of the app (primary and secondary). However the balance will reflect cumulative spending, but each transaction made form the addon card holder will reflect in the addon card holder's mobile app.

Hopefully this clarifies it for some of you.

Thanks
Rafzy

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi All

I had been searching all over this forum and youtube on the process to setup axis bank add on credit card properly on my spouse's mobile and couldn't find a proper post. Hence posting this for benefit of other users. Additionally, my spouse has no existing relationship with Axis bank.

Once you receive the add on card, download the axis bank app on your spouse's (or for whom you took the addon card) mobile. Ensure the mobile number given while applying for add on card is in that mobile.
Once installed, open the app and click on Login.
It's ask to disable wifi and use data only, do that.
It'll then send an sms from the add on registered mobile and in 5 seconds the app will go to a page which shows some sort of error that you (addon card holder) dont have an active account etc etc. Here on the same page, you'll find a tab called "creditcard", click on that and punch on your addon cc details. next page is an otp verification, do it and finally it will take you to the app's homepage. click on the "creditcard" icon and it'll take you straight to the creditcard home page where the addon card will show up.
Things aren't complete yet.

Next you need to login to the primary card holder's mobile app and navigate to creditcards section.
Over there , where it shows you card (in my case Magnus), there will be a new tag "Primary" written beside the card on the app and also you'll see a small swipe down arrow, which when swiped down reveals the addon card. click on the addon card and it will allow you to reset pin. do the same.
Also it will allow you to set domestic and international limits for the addon card (please note this limit setting is not allowed in the addon card holder's app as the primary card holder get the privilege). Once done. you're all set.

Also one confusion I saw over is that you can identify which card spent what amout. I can confirm you can see the spends separately on each of the app (primary and secondary). However the balance will reflect cumulative spending, but each transaction made form the addon card holder will reflect in the addon card holder's mobile app.

Hopefully this clarifies it for some of you.

Thanks
Rafzy
Though waiting to apply for an addon to my Magnus card since earlier attempts got rejected this post is of course great to have an idea for activating it
Thank you

Dreamer

TF Buzz
I was able to activate, generate pin, change limits from my axis Bank mobile app for the addon card. This feature is 2 weeks old apparently.

I had a doubt regarding monthly ER points milestone benefits. Does axis Bank combine expense in both primary and addon card for this calculation?

This doubt is because the addon card is having a different card number than the primary card.

Customer care told it will be combined.
What is others experience?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I was able to activate, generate pin, change limits from my axis Bank mobile app for the addon card. This feature is 2 weeks old apparently.

I had a doubt regarding monthly ER points milestone benefits. Does axis Bank combine expense in both primary and addon card for this calculation?

This doubt is because the addon card is having a different card number than the primary card.

Customer care told it will be combined.
What is others experience?
Yes the monthly milestone will be calculated on thr basis of all the cards total spends

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
can any one help how to apply for an add on card without visiting the branch?
For my HDFC card add on card i downloaded from online and filled it and i dropped the form in nearest ATM cheque deposit box and within a week i got the add on card.
for axis magnus addon card can we do same process, it that applicable?

Sandeepmbm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I m apply for add on card of Magnus for my wife . My wife holding other credit card of axis bank. My card rejected due to already ace and flipkart holding. Bank officer say close all card. I think this is bed .