• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis magnus addon card application/activation

anoopvk10

TF Buzz
Hello everyone. I've faced multiple challenges related to addon card Application/activation for my axis magnus. And i couldn't really find a post to explain all the steps in one place. So thought I should contribute. First post here :)

1. Getting an axis magnus card-
a.visit branch, fill the attached form. Affix photo with your sign over it. Separate forms required for individual members. Fyi - They don't check for proof of relationship (so you can get for your girlfriend/inlaws as well). Just a copy of aadhar and PAN will suffice as proof. Get a photocopy and sign on it from add on card applicant. Submit the form to any axis branch near you. Make sure to get the axis bank employee phone number to assist with any followup.
b. It took me about 3+ weeks from submitting the form to get a email and sms from axis saying my request is being processed
c. And within 5-6 days i received the add on card the PRIMARY CARD HOLDER ADDRESS address via blue dart- the whole box and all. Quite grand. Note - there was no separate priority pass in it.

2. Activation of add on card
a. you will receive a letter inside the axis magnus box which has details of card, current limit and an add on activation code. Keep this letter safe
b. Call the number 022 6798 7700 (from PRIMARY card holder mobile number) and wait to speak to customer executive (fairly easy to connect). He will guide you to an ivrs. (No need of visiting any atm/bank)
c. The first step in ivrs is OTP generation. Here is where it gets a bit tricky and even axis bank officials are not always clear about this. You will need go enter add on card number , addon card expiry , add on card holder date of birth and registered mobile number of PRIMARY CARD HOLDER. You will receive an OTP to the primary card holder mobile number by sms
d. You will need to enter the 6 digit OTP in the ivrs for activating your card.Once you enter the otp, ivrs will ask you to set and confirm you new credit card pin. Once this is done your add on card will be activated for domestic pos and atm transactions. Limits will be same as that of primary card. The card will still be disabled for online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions.
e. To enable online transactions, contactless transactions and international transactions continue to select the appropriate option in ivrs/speak to phone banker who will guide you on the ivrs. And then they will ask for card details/expiry/pin along with the ADDON CARD ACTIVATION CODE PRINTED IN WELCOME LETTER ALONG WITH THE ADDON CARD and then ask to enable above mentioned transactions individually. And now you're fully set to add another person to help you meet your milestone spend. This is the only way for enabling online/contactless/international transactions for add on card.

Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• add-on-card-request (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I had few queries on Axis Magnus addon card use cases
1. Does the spend on addon card contribute to same 1L monthly milestone on primary card?
2. For every online transaction, will otp come to primary card holder ?
3. Can add-on card holder buy Amazon shopping voucher from gyftr for 10k ? Assuming primary card holder has already exhausted 10k limit of Amazon shopping voucher.

If anyone has experienced, let me know

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had few queries on Axis Magnus addon card use cases
1. Does the spend on addon card contribute to same 1L monthly milestone on primary card?
2. For every online transaction, will otp come to primary card holder ?
3. Can add-on card holder buy Amazon shopping voucher from gyftr for 10k ? Assuming primary card holder has already exhausted 10k limit of Amazon shopping voucher.

If anyone has experienced, let me know
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No additional limit as far as I know. You can try, I have not yet tried it.

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It can be approved based on few approvals and escalations
Recently I got 3 add-ons for my Magnus , one of them for my wife who already has Select , and FK as primary cards
Can you mention what kind of approvals if I am doing it via branch and whether I should mention it upfront during application to avoid getting it rejected at the first place?

r1210user

TF Select
Has axis stopped issueing add on card via branch?

I applied on 5th April, my application is still not processed. On reaching out to customer care they said that they have stopped issueing add on card from 1st April 2023.

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can the addon card holder modify card usage settings by using the Axis app on his or her own mobile?
I don’t see any option for the primary card holder to alter settings for the addon card holder.
And doing this via IVRS every time is a pain.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Can the addon card holder modify card usage settings by using the Axis app on his or her own mobile?
I don’t see any option for the primary card holder to alter settings for the addon card holder.
And doing this via IVRS every time is a pain.
No, you can't do custom transaction cap settings for addons. But as per customer care (didn't test), usage slider settings of primary card will be applicable for addon card too.

You still have to go through IVR for turning on and off transactions categories for addons.