• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Fastag closed in the middle of the journey

myfinquest

TF Buzz
I had Axis Fastag for my car taken on May-2018 . I purchased an Airtel tag later but got too lazy to affix it. Then came the announcement last month about having only one tag per car and I promptly deactivated airtel tag (which could be verified through a link in Axis Fastag portal).

On 27-Feb, I was traveling on highway with family. Crossed some 7 toll gates without any issues. At the 8th one, tag was shown as blacklisted. The SMS from previous toll at 1:30 PM showed around Rs 700 balance. Checked Axis portal and tag is listed as closed o_O.Called CC. The girl who attended the call said tag will expire after 5 Years 🙀 and advised me to get a new tag . Dialed again and this time the guy said the tag is closed and he don't see any reason entered in portal. He suggested me to email and will get a response in 24 hours 😟. Luckily, there was an ICICI tag seller nearby and in 15 minutes I got an active tag.

My question is, did Axis deactivate my tag because it was the older one and they don't care if the newer Airtel tag is deactivated or not ? I got a couple of messages from Axis to deactivate other tags to continue using theirs, which I did, still this happened. Anyone else had a similar experience ?

Gaara

TF Ace
I had Axis Fastag for my car taken on May-2018 . I purchased an Airtel tag later but got too lazy to affix it. Then came the announcement last month about having only one tag per car and I promptly deactivated airtel tag (which could be verified through a link in Axis Fastag portal).

On 27-Feb, I was traveling on highway with family. Crossed some 7 toll gates without any issues. At the 8th one, tag was shown as blacklisted. The SMS from previous toll at 1:30 PM showed around Rs 700 balance. Checked Axis portal and tag is listed as closed o_O.Called CC. The girl who attended the call said tag will expire after 5 Years 🙀 and advised me to get a new tag . Dialed again and this time the guy said the tag is closed and he don't see any reason entered in portal. He suggested me to email and will get a response in 24 hours 😟. Luckily, there was an ICICI tag seller nearby and in 15 minutes I got an active tag.

My question is, did Axis deactivate my tag because it was the older one and they don't care if the newer Airtel tag is deactivated or not ? I got a couple of messages from Axis to deactivate other tags to continue using theirs, which I did, still this happened. Anyone else had a similar experience ?
I had a bad experience with Airtel Fastag. Even though I live in Andhra Pradesh, my Fastag kept getting debited in Mumbai. Every week, I had to complain to customer care, and they would refund the charges after there checks which took 10+ days. But the problem persisted, so I switched to a different Fastag. Now I’m considering when to close my current account and switch to Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag, which offers 1% cashback.