• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to link ICICI Fastag with Amazon Pay?

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi! I ordered Fastag via my dad's Amazon Prime Account. He received the Fastag today, with this as the welcome letter. Nowhere does it mention Amazon Pay. I don't see the option to link the Fastag with Amazon Pay anywhere on the website. Am I missing something? WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 19.45.03.jpeg

Akashgore10

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes my tag is also linked and visible in amazon pay tab in the app. But beyond that there is nothing. Toll payments will go from Tag balance only and not wallet balance. You will also need to recharge tag balance once it goes down. You cant use Amazon Pay GV balance. Try using it and let us know if it behaves any differently in your case
How to recharge tag balance, that option is not available in the amazon app

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am not sure then... people who have ordered post 14-15th March have got new and improved version of Fastag. For them tag wallet balance and amazon pay balance is same. If you belong to this gang then you will only have to test and educate us.

For me it shows recharge option only to tag wallet and I can't use Amazon GV

Akashgore10

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am not sure then... people who have ordered post 14-15th March have got new and improved version of Fastag. For them tag wallet balance and amazon pay balance is same. If you belong to this gang then you will only have to test and educate us.

For me it shows recharge option only to tag wallet and I can't use Amazon GV
Can you share the screenshot of this option to recharge tag wallet, and if possible the message error that shows you can't use Amazon GV

This would be a great help

ermanojk87

TF Buzz
Can we close the older version of Amazon pay Icici fastag which isn't linked to amazon pay balance and then apply for the newer version? While the older one is active, option for ordering new fastag isn't visible.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can we close the older version of Amazon pay Icici fastag which isn't linked to amazon pay balance and then apply for the newer version? While the older one is active, option for ordering new fastag isn't visible.
No you can't apply if existing tag is active.

You will need to put closure request on existing tag, let it get closed in a few days / couple of weeks and then apply again via app. I am thinking of doing the same

ermanojk87

TF Buzz
No you can't apply if existing tag is active.

You will need to put closure request on existing tag, let it get closed in a few days / couple of weeks and then apply again via app. I am thinking of doing the same
Let me know if you close your tag and the option to buy new one appears. I can't close mine right now as I need to travel for next few days.

djrocky

TF Buzz
How can there be difference in amazon pay tags purchased early or now?

I very carefully applied tag through amazon during early march and paid initial amount using Amazon Pay wallet only. The tag is considered as Amazon icici pay tag only but don't see any option post purchase to recharge through amazon pay anywhere.

Has anyone raised complaint, may be it's a glitch from icici which they need to rectify ?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How can there be difference in amazon pay tags purchased early or now?

I very carefully applied tag through amazon during early march and paid initial amount using Amazon Pay wallet only. The tag is considered as Amazon icici pay tag only but don't see any option post purchase to recharge through amazon pay anywhere.

Has anyone raised complaint, may be it's a glitch from icici which they need to rectify ?
It looks like they have upgraded their systems post March second week. Anyone who ordered tag post 15th March has gotten new version.

I checked with customer care and they said they cant migrate old tags to the new system. You also check once

Amazon has upgraded their FAQs also. Check here on point 13

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 2.29.42 PM.png