• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to link ICICI Fastag with Amazon Pay?

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi! I ordered Fastag via my dad's Amazon Prime Account. He received the Fastag today, with this as the welcome letter. Nowhere does it mention Amazon Pay. I don't see the option to link the Fastag with Amazon Pay anywhere on the website. Am I missing something? WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 19.45.03.jpeg

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hi! I ordered Fastag via my dad's Amazon Prime Account. He received the Fastag today, with this as the welcome letter. Nowhere does it mention Amazon Pay. I don't see the option to link the Fastag with Amazon Pay anywhere on the website. Am I missing something? WhatsApp Image 2024-02-22 at 19.45.03.jpeg
Amazon doesn't offer fastag!

It was just an ad on platform.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have you tried adding money via Amazon pay UPI to your fastag?

Also I see there is an option to click manage fastag on Amazon pay page. It take to ICICI page. Try that

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.38.46 AM.png

Tazact

TF Select
Amazon itself creating lot of confusen among customers by selling ICICI FT .
Its a pure ICICI FT weather you ordered from Amazon or ICICI directly . Absolute no diference !
Also you have to manually topup FT by APay(UPI Only) or by any ICICI channel where you can use your ICICI CC for respective rewards & cashback .

senasenthil

TF Premier
Amazon itself creating lot of confusen among customers by selling ICICI FT .
Its a pure ICICI FT weather you ordered from Amazon or ICICI directly . Absolute no diference !
Also you have to manually topup FT by APay(UPI Only) or by any ICICI channel where you can use your ICICI CC for respective rewards & cashback .
You can use Amazon Pay balance also for recharge but there is a convenience charge

I have taken amazon icici fastag and can confirm that, we can not even recharge it using amazon pay balance in amazon pay app. Its useless.
there is only one difference between icici fastag and amazon pay icici fastag which is 1% cashback for prime users on toll spends.
That's it.

hundredth

TF Buzz
It can be recharged using ICICI credit card via imobile app or net banking.

The fastag should use amazon pay balance for toll payments. Maybe this is only for the "new and imporved" version.

1710649161200.jpeg

But amazon is displaying wrong information then. On mobile application they are displaying that it can be linked to amazon pay balance ?
This is the misleading part. I tried to speak to several cs associates. everybody is clueless on the part.
can you please try email method once with above screenshot ?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is only showing in Amazon Pay section. Beyond that there is no use case. I got the tag delivered 3 days back

You will still need to recharge it via Amazon pay UPI. It is not working like a Paytm wallet. 1% cashback feature will continue

hundredth

TF Buzz
It is only showing in Amazon Pay section. Beyond that there is no use case. I got the tag delivered 3 days back

You will still need to recharge it via Amazon pay UPI. It is not working like a Paytm wallet. 1% cashback feature will continue
The new version that I got is linked to amazon pay wallet, as advertised.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The new version that I got is linked to amazon pay wallet, as advertised.
Yes my tag is also linked and visible in amazon pay tab in the app. But beyond that there is nothing. Toll payments will go from Tag balance only and not wallet balance. You will also need to recharge tag balance once it goes down. You cant use Amazon Pay GV balance. Try using it and let us know if it behaves any differently in your case

It is not misleading. I applied yesterday and I can confirm that my fastag is linked to amazon pay balance. This is the 'new and improved' version. Those who got it earlier are apparently out of luck as per what I checked on reddit.
If that is the only advantage, it will only solve one issue which is unified wallet. No cashbacks in loading Amazon wallet but old ICICI one we get cashbacks using park+ etc. So old itself is slightly advantageous.

hundredth

TF Buzz
If that is the only advantage, it will only solve one issue which is unified wallet. No cashbacks in loading Amazon wallet but old ICICI one we get cashbacks using park+ etc. So old itself is slightly advantageous.
You can buy Amazon Pay gift cards at a discount from gyftr. It is also a good way to utilize the cashbacks you get from amazon shopping and amazonpay ICICI card.

The new one can still be reloaded using park+ and directly from icici but I have not tried it yet. That recharge will likely be kept separate from amazon pay balance. If someone has tried it on new-version fastag, please let us know.

You can buy Amazon Pay gift cards at a discount from gyftr. It is also a good way to utilize the cashbacks you get from amazon shopping and amazonpay ICICI card.

The new one can still be reloaded using park+ and directly from icici but I have not tried it yet. That recharge will likely be kept separate from amazon pay balance. If someone has tried it on new-version fastag, please let us know.
Yes I even thought so. But catch is Amazon pay balance is not allowed only Amazon wallet.
Even the park+ method can be done with Amazon pay balance but with cut of 1% I think.

Try and let us know if new one if loaded from park+ will be loaded into Amazon pay wallet. If that works it's a cool loophole for manufacturing spends.