• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fastag for second hand car

Mohur

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have purchased a second hand car. The RTO is delaying the name transfer process.
In the meantime, I need a fastag for the car. The previous owner has hotlisted his fastag that was from HDFC bank.

I went to ICICI bank website and they are asking my name and voter id and then they are asking to upload RC of the vehicle.

Now the name on my voter id and name on RC will not match, so what is the option to get a fastag on this car?

D₹V

TF Prestige
No option until car gets transferred on your name.

Alternatively, ask previous owner to apply a fastag from nearest bank/agent for the car, so you can fulfill your travel needs.

That's only workaround.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have purchased a second hand car. The RTO is delaying the name transfer process.
In the meantime, I need a fastag for the car. The previous owner has hotlisted his fastag that was from HDFC bank.

I went to ICICI bank website and they are asking my name and voter id and then they are asking to upload RC of the vehicle.

Now the name on my voter id and name on RC will not match, so what is the option to get a fastag on this car?
The ID and name on RC do not need to be the same. Fastag is issued in your name. Car can be in someone else's name.

deep@vie

TF Legend

Buy from paytm, they're issuing hdfc fastags of you've kyc. They don't ask for anything apart from RC pic upload.