• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

prc1990

TF Ace
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.
You meant cashback will be awarded on paying bills/doing recharge on Airtel app/web irrespective of the operator? 😲😲😲, isn't it a bug?

hriday.haria

TF Premier
You meant cashback will be awarded on paying bills/doing recharge on Airtel app/web irrespective of the operator? 😲😲😲, isn't it a bug?
It is that Airtel has failed to properly categorize transactions into different categories.

So all transactions go into 25% cashback category, which has Maximum cashback of Rs.300/-

So if someone pays Airtel Mobile Bill Payment of Rs.1200/- and Electricity bill of Rs.1200/- ...
Ideally it should be 25% * 1200 = Rs.300 + 10% *1200 = Rs.120 ....
TOTAL CASHBACK Rs.420/-

But because of this issue, all transactions go into the category of 25% which has maximimum cashback of Rs.300/-
So the person ends up getting cashback of Rs.300/- only

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Exactly. Thanks for clarifying.

It is that Airtel has failed to properly categorize transactions into different categories.

So all transactions go into 25% cashback category, which has Maximum cashback of Rs.300/-

So if someone pays Airtel Mobile Bill Payment of Rs.1200/- and Electricity bill of Rs.1200/- ...
TOTAL CASHBACK Rs.420/-

But because of this issue, all transactions go into the category of 25% which has maximimum cashback of Rs.300/-

prc1990

TF Ace

TOTAL CASHBACK Rs.420/-

I see, still I see it as win-win situation; infact more than that.

If we get cashback of 300/month on paying electricity bill through Airtel, then in a year it is 300*12=3600 which way greater than the annual fees i.e. 500+GST.

If we pay electricity bill on quarterly basis, then in a year it is 300*4=1200 then, also it is justified when compared with the annual fees.

prc1990

TF Ace

TOTAL CASHBACK Rs.420/-

I think the route cause is due to an incorrect Merchant IDs (MIDs) being shared by Airtel and as per TnC, Bank will not take the responsibility.

However the funny part is, since the transaction is reported under incorrect MIDs, actually Axis is paying more cashback than anticipated.

And the final conclusion is (which I realised today only 🥲), irrespective of if someone holds any Airtel SIM/WIFI/Broadband/DTH, this card looks exciting w.r.t. household bill payments.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am not saying it is bad either. For someone who has monthly Rs 1200 Airtel bills and Rs 3000 of other utility bills, they are only getting Rs 300 cashback (25% with 300 cap) vs the promised Rs 600( 300 + 300 cap).

I think the route cause is due to an incorrect Merchant IDs (MIDs) being shared by Airtel and as per TnC, Bank will not take the responsibility.

However the funny part is, since the transaction is reported under incorrect MIDs, actually Axis is paying more cashback than anticipated.

And the final conclusion is (which I realised today only 🥲), irrespective of if someone holds any Airtel SIM/WIFI/Broadband/DTH, this card looks exciting w.r.t. household bill payments.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

bro , For Utility Bill payments the capping is 300rs
for airtel bills , the capping is 300rs
for BigBasket and Swiggy Zomato , the capping is 500rs.
stop getting confused

prc1990

TF Ace
bro , For Utility Bill payments the capping is 300rs
for airtel bills , the capping is 300rs
for BigBasket and Swiggy Zomato , the capping is 500rs.
stop getting confused
No!

For Airtel Mobile Recharges/DTH Recharges/WIFI/Broadband (where operator is Airtel) via Airtel Thanks app, 25% up to 300

For other household bill payments (where operator is other than Airtel) via Airtel Thanks app, 10% up to 300

For preferred merchants (all merchants together), 10% upto 500

Last edited:

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Minor correction here. For Airtel bills, it is 25% cashback upto Rs 300 per statement month.

No!

For Airtel Mobile Recharges/DTH Recharges/WIFI/Broadband (where operator is Airtel) via Airtel Thanks app, 10% up to 300

For other household bill payments (where operator is other than Airtel) via Airtel Thanks app, 10% up to 300

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No!

For Airtel Mobile Recharges/DTH Recharges/WIFI/Broadband (where operator is Airtel) via Airtel Thanks app, 25% up to 300

to mene kya bola bhai 😂
same hi to bola . then why "No!" ?

pranavcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

TOTAL CASHBACK Rs.420/-

yes bro i didnt got for electricity bill only i got for airtel recharge and 0 for utility

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My card got approved on March 28th and statement date confirmed with CC 12th of every month, my statement supposed to generate on this month 12th but they not generated yet , I don’t know how they going to accommodate Citibank premier customers in their worst eco system….