• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

mukundstud

TF Premier
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.
Oh. Now I understood the game behind the discrepancy in my Airtel card cashback. My statement is showing that I will earn Rs. 330 cashback on my transactions. But I should have got Rs. 277 cashback on my electricity bill payment, Rs. 268 cashback on my Airtel Bill payments/recharges and Rs. 30 cashback on my Zomato payment. But probably, my electricity bill payment would have also been counted in Airtel recharge category and the total cashback would have been capped at Rs. 300. This capped Rs. 300 cashback and Rs. 30 Zomato cashback would have taken my total cashback to Rs. 330.

I have raised this issue with Axis Customer Care, and they have asked me to wait till next statement generation and see if additional cashback is credited to my card. If not, then they will raise the matter.

This same cashback issue happened with my Flipkart Axis CC. At that time also, they asked me to wait till next statement generation. And the additional cashback was credited few days before the next statement generation. So I have agreed to wait this time also.

Last edited:

mukundstud

TF Premier
My card got approved on March 28th and statement date confirmed with CC 12th of every month, my statement supposed to generate on this month 12th but they not generated yet , I don’t know how they going to accommodate Citibank premier customers in their worst eco system….
This issue happened with my Father's Axis Ace card. His first statement was not generated on the 15th of the coming month after the card delivery. On calling the customer care, they told me that the card delivery status was updated late on their system, and asked me to wait for the 15th of next month. The statement generated on the next 15th.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Bill generation date is different for different axis cards, first month is given as bonus (by error or blessing). Means you will have your first statement on date of where your second should have been.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Oh. Now I understood the game behind the discrepancy in my Airtel card cashback. My statement is showing that I will earn Rs. 330 cashback on my transactions. But I should have got Rs. 277 cashback on my electricity bill payment, Rs. 268 cashback on my Airtel Bill payments/recharges and Rs. 30 cashback on my Zomato payment. But probably, my electricity bill payment would have also been counted in Airtel recharge category and the total cashback would have been capped at Rs. 300. This capped Rs. 300 cashback and Rs. 30 Zomato cashback would have taken my total cashback to Rs. 330.

I have raised this issue with Axis Customer Care, and they have asked me to wait till next statement generation and see if additional cashback is credited to my card. If not, then they will raise the matter.

This same cashback issue happened with my Flipkart Axis CC. At that time also, they asked me to wait till next statement generation. And the additional cashback was credited few days before the next statement generation. So I have agreed to wait this time also.
Has this Airtel Axis blunder been rectified ?

I have just received the card and wondering if i should only limit it to electricity bill payment

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I have just received the card and wondering if i should only limit it to electricity bill payment
Will get to know , whether is it rectified or not on 10th June . (When Cashbacks will be credited)
Till then You do all the transactions , Merchant , utility and airtel connection .

AllSeeker

TF Ace

I think the poster is saying his 10% cashback spend was reported in 25% cashback spend, and hence generating higher cashback.

While I'm holding 3 airtel sims in family and 2 of them have yearly recharge done with them with expiry 7 months away, so even I don't utilize that 25% category fully, so occasionally this kind of blunder will help, especially since my electricity bill is in between Rs 800-1400/- :ROFLMAO:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Credit card to credit card bill pay via Airtel wallet net banking trick also count for Bill payments.

I think you will get 25% on Credit card bill payments too. 😂 😂

Ab tumlog yeh maat bolna ki Credit card to credit card bill pay via Airtel wallet net banking trick k bare me nahi pata. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Credit card to credit card bill pay via Airtel wallet net banking trick also count for Bill payments.

Ab tumlog yeh maat bolna ki Credit card to credit card bill pay via Airtel wallet net banking trick k bare me nahi pata. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I actually don't know. :oops:

mukundstud

TF Premier

The next month's bill has been generated. Still, the problem had not been rectified and extra cashback was not credited to my card account. So I raised a complaint through the customer care 2 days ago. They said that they were forwarding my complaint to the concerned team, and asked me to wait for 5-6 working days. They also gave me a complaint number. Lets wait and see if the problem gets rectified or not.

prc1990

TF Ace

Load Airtel Wallet through CC
Then use some app where CC bill pay is allowed through Net Banking and select Airtel Payment Bank there. Isn't it?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yes then not sure which workflow/use case Abhishek is referring to in the above response. @Abhishek012 please chime in bro.

mukundstud

TF Premier
The next month's bill has been generated. Still, the problem had not been rectified and extra cashback was not credited to my card account. So I raised a complaint through the customer care 2 days ago. They said that they were forwarding my complaint to the concerned team, and asked me to wait for 5-6 working days. They also gave me a complaint number. Lets wait and see if the problem gets rectified or not.
Update: I received my additional cashback for April statement today:). I thought that the customer care will mess up with this issue and I will have to contact them again. But in fact, I received slightly more cashback(Only ₹2.73 more:ROFLMAO:) from them as they did not round the transactions off to the floor value of rupee.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-142622.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-142622.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 86

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Update: I received my additional cashback for April statement today:). I thought that the customer care will mess up with this issue and I will have to contact them again. But in fact, I received slightly more cashback(Only ₹2.73 more:ROFLMAO:) from them as they did not round the transactions off to the floor value of rupee.
Did you also get amazon voucher or something as joining benefits? I mean I've not received anything yet but card is only about month old, so not sure if I need to remind them about it.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Did you also get amazon voucher or something as joining benefits? I mean I've not received anything yet but card is only about month old, so not sure if I need to remind them about it.
I got my amazon voucher within 2-3 days of doing 1st transaction from the card. Did not need to wait(let alone remind Axis) for this welcome gift. You should definitely call Axis Customer care and remind them of this if you have not got the voucher even after doing the 1st transaction and subsequent bill generation.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I got my amazon voucher within 2-3 days of doing 1st transaction from the card. Did not need to wait(let alone remind Axis) for this welcome gift. You should definitely call Axis Customer care and remind them of this if you have not got the voucher even after doing the 1st transaction and subsequent bill generation.
Will do as soon as I get first bill.

Thanks!