• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis - Swiggy Cashback Saga

For context, Refer: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-column.2184 and https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-miscalculation.21664

Even after pno emails, I still haven't received any updates yet. I tried calling their customer care last week to raise a complaint and the guy took details and gave me a service number SNxxxx1 with which my complaint will be handled. I tried calling them again today to track the complaint status. To my surprise, the guy who picked up call today told me that SNxxxx1 was not a complaint & it was just a call where customer had doubts regarding card offers. Furious me went on a rant gain about how I haven't received 10% cashback on any Swiggy transactions happened after Nov 15, 2023 (when they changed mercchant name to BUNDL Tech***").

He built a new story that authentic Swiggy transactions come under MCC 5814 and is eligible for 10% cashback. But the transactions under BUNDL Tech**** come under MCC 5411, 5499 which isn't eligible for 10% cashback. This was because hotels that are not properly registered with Swiggy will have payments under merchant name "BUNDL Tech****" and ones that are registered properly will have correct merchant name (I call BS on his story). I asked him to transfer the call to a senior executive.

Another guy picked up the call and I narrated the whole story again. He said that there was indeed a note from my previous complaint and it will take up to 90 days to correct the mistake on cashback. So for transactions done from Nov'23 to Dec'23, I'll get the correct cashback with my Apr'24 statement. Similarly for transactions between Dec'23 till Jan'24. He told me that this glitch is fixed now and I'll see correct cashback for Feb transactions going forward (I still don't believe this somehow, Will wait till for statement generation).

The thing that appalls me is that the Level 1 customer care agents have no idea about any of this and their Senior executives know what's happening but haven't come forward themselves. Axis could've just issued an email to all affected Axis Airtel card holders regarding the glitch and called it a day. But no, they decided to make difficult for us resulting in multiple posts like this here. I still don't know if what that guy was telling is actually true (or) if he was just trying to bide their time some more.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
With Axis, you can never be sure.

You're complaining about Airtel Axis which is one of the cheapest cards/some even got it as LTF.

But this is not new, there are issues even with their most expensive Axis Reserve and Axis Magnus Burgundy cards which come at 50K annual fees and 30L TRV, even their holders often don't get the right points or randomly get their points reversed and there's no hope in reaching out to support.

There is a big gap between Axis teams that are trying to acquire new users and the teams that are made to maintain these users.

For swiggy, better to go via swiggy money GV. play games daily on park+ and earn "petrol". use them to to buy GV - net 454 for 500 GV. pay via your Airtel axis card and get 4 cashback (1%) or you can even use any other card that gives higher cashback. load it to swiggy and make payment as you need. you also get to use available offer codes.

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
For context, Refer: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-column.2184 and https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-miscalculation.21664

Even after pno emails, I still haven't received any updates yet. I tried calling their customer care last week to raise a complaint and the guy took details and gave me a service number SNxxxx1 with which my complaint will be handled. I tried calling them again today to track the complaint status. To my surprise, the guy who picked up call today told me that SNxxxx1 was not a complaint & it was just a call where customer had doubts regarding card offers. Furious me went on a rant gain about how I haven't received 10% cashback on any Swiggy transactions happened after Nov 15, 2023 (when they changed mercchant name to BUNDL Tech***").

He built a new story that authentic Swiggy transactions come under MCC 5814 and is eligible for 10% cashback. But the transactions under BUNDL Tech**** come under MCC 5411, 5499 which isn't eligible for 10% cashback. This was because hotels that are not properly registered with Swiggy will have payments under merchant name "BUNDL Tech****" and ones that are registered properly will have correct merchant name (I call BS on his story). I asked him to transfer the call to a senior executive.

Another guy picked up the call and I narrated the whole story again. He said that there was indeed a note from my previous complaint and it will take up to 90 days to correct the mistake on cashback. So for transactions done from Nov'23 to Dec'23, I'll get the correct cashback with my Apr'24 statement. Similarly for transactions between Dec'23 till Jan'24. He told me that this glitch is fixed now and I'll see correct cashback for Feb transactions going forward (I still don't believe this somehow, Will wait till for statement generation).

The thing that appalls me is that the Level 1 customer care agents have no idea about any of this and their Senior executives know what's happening but haven't come forward themselves. Axis could've just issued an email to all affected Axis Airtel card holders regarding the glitch and called it a day. But no, they decided to make difficult for us resulting in multiple posts like this here. I still don't know if what that guy was telling is actually true (or) if he was just trying to bide their time some more.
Thanks for following up and posting here. Hope they will credit as they mentioned.

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was in the same boat, didn't get CB for swiggy / Zomato transactions for the month of December. They stopped replying after a point.

However this month, the additional CB that was pending is credited. Didn't receive any email communication about the same but amount is credited.

I will continue to avoid using the card for these transactions for now unless I have to though. Plan is to prioritise using HSBC CB and use Airtel mainly for utilities and Airtel bill payments.

I checked my statement with Axis today.
The issue is only happening with "Bundl Technologies www.swiggy.co.in" (MRCC code 5499). If your transactions are going through "Swiggy Bangalore In" or "Bundl Technologies Bangalore" you are getting the correct 10% cashback.

Not sure if it can be fixed, I've tried talking to senior executive, backend, and Twitter support but no resolution.

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
Twitter team mentioned only Swiggy food delievery transactions are considered for 10%, instamart n genie are not.

They told that they may take 90 days to correct food delievery related transactions cash back.

Twitter team mentioned only Swiggy food delievery transactions are considered for 10%, instamart n genie are not.

They told that they may take 90 days to correct food delievery related transactions cash back.
That's the standard reply. The issue has already been raised via multiple channels but "Bundl Technologies www.swiggy.co.in" (MRCC code 5499) is not part of the cashback and that's weird because we are following the same process for food ordering. Even the Swiggy team is not able to help with this request.

I just had a call with their customer care again. Had all my last 3 statements ready with me. Asked him the cashback for each transaction and have currently marked each incorrect cashback transaction for the past 120 days. Seems like they fixed the incorrect cashback at least for "Bundl Tech****" transactions in February. I'll go ahead and mark the complaint to RBI CMS now. We'll see how it turns out.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
1710903438782.png

For Swiggy and MCC food products am not getting 1% :(

1710903499676.png

For BUNDL am gettin regular 10% L(

But both are same food delivery and infact same restaurants

Not sure what is axis is up to

1710903438782.png

For Swiggy and MCC food products am not getting 1% :(

1710903499676.png

For BUNDL am gettin regular 10% L(

But both are same food delivery and infact same restaurants

Not sure what is axis is up to
From what I've observed so far, if the merchant category is "Food Products" they aren't crediting the correct cashback even if Bundl is not mentioned anywhere in the Merchant name. On the other hand Bundl Technologies transactions now receive the correct 10% cashback. I observed this from January 1. I assume the Software Engineer who sorts the transactions out fixed the bug for "Bundl***" but created a new one where Merchant Category is "Food Products".

I just got off the call with Axis support again and their default "Bundl tech receives no cashback saaar" didn't work. They have no clue whatsoever and asked me to email with invoices AGAIN. I ask everyone reading this comment to dig your past three statements, mark all the transactions with merchant category "Food products" and email it to pno@axisbank.com stating that 10% was not provided for marked transactions. And 30 days later when the complaint with pno is still open (because why would they solve it?), Raise a complaint with RBI CMS portal.

Mass complaints are the only way we can make Axis take note of this issue and actually fix it. I'm tired of doing the above two processes repeatedly for the past 4 months. And if the Software dev and QE relevant to this bug from Axis is reading this comment, I'd say "F**k you!"