• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis - Swiggy Cashback Saga

For context, Refer: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-column.2184 and https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-cashback-miscalculation.21664

Even after pno emails, I still haven't received any updates yet. I tried calling their customer care last week to raise a complaint and the guy took details and gave me a service number SNxxxx1 with which my complaint will be handled. I tried calling them again today to track the complaint status. To my surprise, the guy who picked up call today told me that SNxxxx1 was not a complaint & it was just a call where customer had doubts regarding card offers. Furious me went on a rant gain about how I haven't received 10% cashback on any Swiggy transactions happened after Nov 15, 2023 (when they changed mercchant name to BUNDL Tech***").

He built a new story that authentic Swiggy transactions come under MCC 5814 and is eligible for 10% cashback. But the transactions under BUNDL Tech**** come under MCC 5411, 5499 which isn't eligible for 10% cashback. This was because hotels that are not properly registered with Swiggy will have payments under merchant name "BUNDL Tech****" and ones that are registered properly will have correct merchant name (I call BS on his story). I asked him to transfer the call to a senior executive.

Another guy picked up the call and I narrated the whole story again. He said that there was indeed a note from my previous complaint and it will take up to 90 days to correct the mistake on cashback. So for transactions done from Nov'23 to Dec'23, I'll get the correct cashback with my Apr'24 statement. Similarly for transactions between Dec'23 till Jan'24. He told me that this glitch is fixed now and I'll see correct cashback for Feb transactions going forward (I still don't believe this somehow, Will wait till for statement generation).

The thing that appalls me is that the Level 1 customer care agents have no idea about any of this and their Senior executives know what's happening but haven't come forward themselves. Axis could've just issued an email to all affected Axis Airtel card holders regarding the glitch and called it a day. But no, they decided to make difficult for us resulting in multiple posts like this here. I still don't know if what that guy was telling is actually true (or) if he was just trying to bide their time some more.

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This will be resolved, only if everyone raises with Axis support after every statement, then raise RBI complaints after 30 days.
By not giving correct cashback upfront, and granting cashback only in cases of RBI complain, Axis is perhaps saving money, that's why they are not fixing it.
Please mass report to nodal officer & then to RBI after 30 days repeatedly.

Also, push nodal officer to include cashback details in statement email for every transaction as well every month.

This will be resolved, only if everyone raises with Axis support after every statement, then raise RBI complaints after 30 days.
By not giving correct cashback upfront, and granting cashback only in cases of RBI complain, Axis is perhaps saving money, that's why they are not fixing it.

Also, push nodal officer to include cashback details in statement email for every transaction as well every month.
I've been getting incorrect cashback for the last two months as well. Mailed their pno and their response was to wait for 90 days from the date of disputed transaction. I can now either recheck cashback for 'x' month on the 'x+4' month statement (or) raise an RBI complaint every 3 months after following up with Axis.

Honestly, both are too time consuming. But raising RBI complaints will atleast make someone within Axis Airtel team to fix the problem instead of permanent workarounds.

cardy

TF Ace

IMG_20240423_180139.jpg
Getting details on ace card from this month.
So why don't they give details like this in Airtel card?