• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Apple Could End Its Credit Card Partnership With Goldman Sachs: Report

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It seems Goldman Sachs and Apple want to take different paths...

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I too like this idea
But the thing is they both have to like this idea as well, which actually counts..
But I don't think this will happen..because it seems there is a SB account component involved in this deal..
I am not sure about details though
In my opinion, it won't make sense to launch the apple card in India since apple users are miniscule here compared to the States. Whoever, partners with them here will be at the end of a losing deal.

Or else they'll become redundant just like the Axis Samsung card.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
GS lost billions partnering with 🍎. I hope HDFC partners with them here 🤣
They're too high on their horses since late 90s, should get a reality check. I've asked my colleagues why they opened an account in CuckDFC - the most basic reply they all gave was first (private) bank which came to my mind
I was like bro their servers are trashier than many PSU banks :ROFLMAO:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Apple will try to partner with the bank that has highest or among the highest reach in India with little bit of premium customer base. Amex does not suit that due to low base and low transaction volume. Not sure if any other name comes to mind apart from HDFC

akshayhs

TF Ace
In my opinion, it won't make sense to launch the apple card in India since apple users are miniscule here compared to the States. Whoever, partners with them here will be at the end of a losing deal.
The number of people who buy Apple products in EMI are too high. This means both the bank and the partner will benefit.
Of course, the number of people who can actually afford it with a single payment is also equally high.
I feel they already know this so it will be a balance of powder with this card.

Just my view.