• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Second Card application Approval & Experience..

shivkumar

TF Select
Has anybody applied for second American Express card.. I have a Payback card & want to get a SmartEarn card .. will there be a re-kyc, income tax returns, etc...

My current PayBack card is around 6/7 years old and my go to card, with fair usage history & never defaulted…

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You will definitely need to to do VKYC. not sure about income proof submission. You need to do KYC is if you apply for a new card after 6 months of the first card.

Smart earn is an entry level card with your history they may not ask for any documents. But not really sure how AMEX think.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Has anybody applied for second American Express card.. I have a Payback card & want to get a SmartEarn card .. will there be a re-kyc, income tax returns, etc...

My current PayBack card is around 6/7 years old and my go to card, with fair usage history & never defaulted…
yes you need to be VKYC after 3 month of Applying for New Amex cc. and they might not ask for ITR or some document cause you're long Customer of Amex but variant of Payback doesn't seem on the higher CL so they might ask.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

You are almost same as any other customer.. VKYC - definite.. Income docs depending upon your CIBIL profile .. and AMex's mood ..

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

vKYC is required if you haven't done it in the last 90 days so it will be compulsory.

Considering you've been paying well and never defaulted any payment, there is a high chance that the income proof might not be needed either.
But share honest info in your new application and you should be good(even in case if they ever ask for it).

Considering your expenses, if you spend between ~6K and 20K per month, skip SmartEarn and get the MRCC card instead, it offers way more benefits!