• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel application experience for existing MRCC holder

Buttman

TF Premier
So I’ve been getting bombarded with upgrade offer for my MRCC and I do have a few high ticket purchases coming up hence I decided to apply via referral and try my luck with Platinum Travel card.

With referral I would get FYF instead of 3500+gst joining fee.

Also in case I am not able to complete the milestone benefit of 4 lakhs then I’ll just close the card. I had nothing to lose so I proceeded with a fresh application.

Application timeline is as follows:

-Applied on Sunday afternoon/evening

-Got approval message on Monday afternoon.

-Card shipped message received on Tuesday

-Card received on Wednesday morning.

Really impressed with the speed of everything in general.

Also any insights from the community on which spends are acceptable for milestones are welcome.

So I’ve been getting bombarded with upgrade offer for my MRCC and I do have a few high ticket purchases coming up hence I decided to apply via referral and try my luck with Platinum Travel card.

With referral I would get FYF instead of 3500+gst joining fee.

Also in case I am not able to complete the milestone benefit of 4 lakhs then I’ll just close the card. I had nothing to lose so I proceeded with a fresh application.

Application timeline is as follows:

-Applied on Sunday afternoon/evening

-Got approval message on Monday afternoon.

-Card shipped message received on Tuesday

-Card received on Wednesday morning.

Really impressed with the speed of everything in general.

Also any insights from the community on which spends are acceptable for milestones are welco
Did you get a different credit limit for MRCC and Platinum travel..? Or is it shared between both cards...?