Frustrating experience with amex application

silly_putty

My father applied for amex plat travel card last month on 5th September. he submitted form 26AS as income proof but meanwhile his application was immediately rejected.

I wanted to know the exact reason and hence I mailed amex, asking for a reason. Next day my received a call from one of the executives, who stated that my father had selected real estate as his business sector, hence the system immediately rejected the application.

He said that his business is in retail trade, the executive to confirm the same asked us to mail the description of the business, infact to further prove our point, we even attached our gst certificate, light bill as they also wanted location confirmation and Google maps link as well. Btw he stated that once he provides all the mail, he would reprocess the application and he will get the chance to complete vkyc.

so he didn't receive any revert from amex for a week, but then another executive called us and told us that we submitted FORM 26 AS for AY 22-23, we asked him to check again, as we were sure we gave for AY 23-24, he said fine and hung up.

Finally on 21st September, we received the vkyc mail again and my father did his vkyc that evening itself.

But again after a few days, amex without stating any particular reason rejected the application. I have mailed AEBCNodalOfficer@aexp.com so I could again know the reason for rejection, but didn't receive any automated receipt for reception or reply for last 5 days, so I believe this address doesn't work.

overall it was really a frustrating experience, as per title, and this is after my father held amex card from 2015 to march 2023.

• Screenshot_20231003_234059_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_234059_Gmail.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 33

My father applied for amex plat travel card last month on 5th September. he submitted form 26AS as income proof but meanwhile his application was immediately rejected.

I wanted to know the exact reason and hence I mailed amex, asking for a reason. Next day my received a call from one of the executives, who stated that my father had selected real estate as his business sector, hence the system immediately rejected the application.

He said that his business is in retail trade, the executive to confirm the same asked us to mail the description of the business, infact to further prove our point, we even attached our gst certificate, light bill as they also wanted location confirmation and Google maps link as well. Btw he stated that once he provides all the mail, he would reprocess the application and he will get the chance to complete vkyc.

so he didn't receive any revert from amex for a week, but then another executive called us and told us that we submitted FORM 26 AS for AY 22-23, we asked him to check again, as we were sure we gave for AY 23-24, he said fine and hung up.

Finally on 21st September, we received the vkyc mail again and my father did his vkyc that evening itself.

But again after a few days, amex without stating any particular reason rejected the application. I have mailed AEBCNodalOfficer@aexp.com so I could again know the reason for rejection, but didn't receive any automated receipt for reception or reply for last 5 days, so I believe this address doesn't work.

overall it was really a frustrating experience, as per title, and this is after my father held amex card from 2015 to march 2023.
Whats the age of your father?

silly_putty

Your father mentioned business based on itr + 56 age, so the credit approval from a new credit agency will be difficult.
millennia ltf abhi march me liya ltf with amex c2c ironically, plus april me neu infinity bhi ltf mila. Age might affect the chances but cibil + total credit accha hai. Mene wese wapas reason ke liye pucha hai, so lets see.