• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex application rejected

oksomu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently applied for an AMEX platinum travel card. After the video KYC, I got a rejection mail in a couple of hours stating, "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance.". I'm in Bangalore, my CIBIL is 792, and I'm self-employed with an ITR of over 20 lakhs. I know these are well above the financial requirements for the card. Not sure why I got rejected

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
I recently applied for an AMEX platinum travel card. After the video KYC, I got a rejection mail in a couple of hours stating, "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance.". I'm in Bangalore, my CIBIL is 792, and I'm self-employed with an ITR of over 20 lakhs. I know these are well above the financial requirements for the card. Not sure why I got rejected
Check DM

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker I recently applied for a gold charge card through Amex website directly, after filling out the application form i received the mail "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application." I have around 19 lakh ctc and already have Amex platinum travel, still, it got rejected. please do let me know if you can help. 20231376900673INR is the application ref no.

shantanug

TF Buzz
hello @BestBanker - can you please DM me.. my application for Platinum Travel card got rejected.
"After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application."
Application reference number - 20231446900041INR

Cashif

TF Buzz
@BestBanker Looking for Amex Platinum Travel card, can you please help.

Application was rejected last week since I had 2 Amex cards (MRCC & SmartEarn), so I closed SmartEarn and applied today but says cant apply as application already under process.

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How are you getting approvals? My friend's got rejected due to address mismatch, though his current and aadhar address are of same city but due to rented house they rejected it. Any way for this without changing addresS?

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker tried applying for a MRCC card but got rejected message immediately at the end, not sure what's wrong. Kindly DM and assist? I'm currently unable to DM you, will DM you once I'm allowed to do so

Last edited:

vikas50c

TF Neo
I applied for Amex Platinum Travel and it got rejected even after getting conditionally approved without any Income documents, than it got rejected stating not meeting internal requirements, therafter i applied for Amex MRCC and Gold and the same thing happened. I have a credit score of more than 780, a ctc of 12lakhs and already have three credit cards including one Citi Premiermiles. My last credit card from Axis was approved just two weeks ago. @BestBanker

I applied for smart earn and MRCC in a week. Both approved.

But you have to know I hold their green corporate card for 1+ years.

Best bet would be to wait for 90 days like Anirban has said or if you are willing to take the risk , apply.