• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received call regarding ICICI Sapphiro Credit card LTF upgrade

GautamMKGarg

TF Buzz
Hello

I am holding LTF ICICI Coral Credit Card. Today I received call from number starting from +9122..., she claimed that she is calling from ICICI and told me that bank is offering me free upgrade to LTF ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card. I asked her to share the details on email, but she told me that she does not have access to do that. She suggested me that either she can tell the features on phone or I can check it on iMobile or website. She told me that She only need my name and address in order to proceed further. I asked her to call me again tomorrow because I need time to check the features.
I checked my iMobile and also I contacted ICICI customer care after that, but I could not find this pre-approved offer there. What do you suggest, should I provide my details to her when I receive call again tomorrow? or This can be fraud call? Does ICICI bank provides such offers only on phone? Can I trust them?

Chitra007

TF Select
What was the number? Seems to be genuine then as the email is official icici bank.
She called from her mobile number, the card got approved and I can see the dual sapphiro credit cards on the mobile app. On enquiring with customer care for the charges, they told me it is a chargeable card. I'm thinking of cancelling this card and complaint it to RBI.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
She called from her mobile number, the card got approved and I can see the dual sapphiro credit cards on the mobile app. On enquiring with customer care for the charges, they told me it is a chargeable card. I'm thinking of cancelling this card and complaint it to RBI.
I was also offered for sapphiro LTF and I agreed to that
Now this post worries me!!!

Chitra007

TF Select
Please suggest if anything can be done to escalate it to concerned person for making it ltf or shall I cancel the credit cards for good?

sidp

TF Ace
Please suggest if anything can be done to escalate it to concerned person for making it ltf or shall I cancel the credit cards for good?
If you have call recording than you can complain to cc & escalate it till pno to get it converted to ltf.
Before confirmation don't activate the card.

There were few people who were charged jf even though they had applied under alumni offer. Fee got reversed but they were charged gst. Sapphiro isn't worth paying even just the gst unless you need that extra lounge visits.

Chitra007

TF Select
If you have call recording than you can complain to cc & escalate it till pno to get it converted to ltf.
Before confirmation don't activate the card.

There were few people who were charged jf even though they had applied under alumni offer. Fee got reversed but they were charged gst. Sapphiro isn't worth paying even just the gst unless you need that extra lounge visits.
I have call recordings, already escalated to PNO and this is not the alumni offer, someone from ICICI has called me for ltf upgrade.

Rag

TF Buzz
Received a call today regarding upgrading my ICICI coral amex ltf credit card to Sapphiro cc ltf. She has asked consent to ICICI number and email otp for validation. After few minutes, I received an application form with number. Wondering if it was a spam call.
did they asked you OTP? if so this is alarming

Rag

TF Buzz
I was also offered for sapphiro LTF and I agreed to that
Now this post worries me!!!
they do offer ltf sapphiro so nothing to worry about I believe if you know the person you are talking to is official. Just take it on email for record purpose. Also it will be mentioned over cover letter once you receive card.

sidp

TF Ace
I have call recordings, already escalated to PNO and this is not the alumni offer, someone from ICICI has called me for ltf upgrade.
Once card is visible in imobile, contact cc and ask for confirmation that it is indeed ltf. ( life time free with no joining or annual fee without any additional spend/nrv/banking relationship based condition).

Even though I got through alumni offer, I had mailed them for confirmation after card generation. They confirmed it in 1/2 days. I got Welcome letter later, which had mentioned charges. Axis clearly mention ltf in welcome letter, icici doesn't. So mail confirmation is only safe guard.

Now you should escalate it and mention you have call recording. Listen yo the recording once again. If they gave clear promise of ltf card, you can attach it if you want. Just don't activate before confirmation.

Chitra007

TF Select
So, I got the Sapphiro visa credit card delivered today and surprisingly received an estatement as well in afternoon for Coral amex credit card number but in statement, it is mentioned as Sapphiro on top and there are no charges applied for the credit card. How is this possible to get a statement after 2 days of card generation? Is statement for Coral amex card but why they mentioned Sapphiro on it? why charges not applied for Sapphiro cc in estatement? whether it will be applied in next statement?

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So, I got the Sapphiro visa credit card delivered today and surprisingly received an estatement as well in afternoon for Coral amex credit card number but in statement, it is mentioned as Sapphiro on top and there are no charges applied for the credit card. How is this possible to get a statement after 2 days of card generation? Is statement for Coral amex card but why they mentioned Sapphiro on it? why charges not applied for Sapphiro cc in estatement? whether it will be applied in next statement?
icici gemstone cards (platinum, coral , rubyx, sapphiro,emeralde) are considered as single account (one acccount in CIBIL too) and will have single statement .

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do not trust CC about everything..
Email them and ask if it is LTF/ chargeable.
I think you got LTF

Chitra007

TF Select
Do not trust CC about everything..
Email them and ask if it is LTF/ chargeable.
I think you got LTF
I visited branch and credit card guy confirmed that it's a chargeable card. Even, I received a call from PNO that they mentioned the card is chargeable and suggested that you have an option to cancel this credit card and it will be done within 3 working days. Now, they dispatched the dreamfolks card as well.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I visited branch and credit card guy confirmed that it's a chargeable card. Even, I received a call from PNO that they mentioned the card is chargeable and suggested that you have an option to cancel this credit card and it will be done within 3 working days. Now, they dispatched the dreamfolks card as well.
Okay, if it is confirmed by multiple reliable sources and in writing & not just by a fresh graduate sitting at virtual CC then we have to take it as a fact and act accordingly

Chitra007

TF Select
Finally, I cancelled chargeable Sapphiro credit card without activating it. ICICI bank was forcing me to activate this credit card and get the vouchers even their agents saying they will reverse the fees in 3 months of using it 🤣