• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received call regarding ICICI Sapphiro Credit card LTF upgrade

GautamMKGarg

TF Buzz
Hello

I am holding LTF ICICI Coral Credit Card. Today I received call from number starting from +9122..., she claimed that she is calling from ICICI and told me that bank is offering me free upgrade to LTF ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card. I asked her to share the details on email, but she told me that she does not have access to do that. She suggested me that either she can tell the features on phone or I can check it on iMobile or website. She told me that She only need my name and address in order to proceed further. I asked her to call me again tomorrow because I need time to check the features.
I checked my iMobile and also I contacted ICICI customer care after that, but I could not find this pre-approved offer there. What do you suggest, should I provide my details to her when I receive call again tomorrow? or This can be fraud call? Does ICICI bank provides such offers only on phone? Can I trust them?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They provide upgrades as paid only unless u have a good TRV with bank and can push via BM for LTF upgrade. So probably it's fake. They never provide Sapphiro LTF upgrade like this.

GautamMKGarg

TF Buzz
Hello

I am holding LTF ICICI Coral Credit Card. Today I received call from number starting from +9122..., she claimed that she is calling from ICICI and told me that bank is offering me free upgrade to LTF ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card. I asked her to share the details on email, but she told me that she does not have access to do that. She suggested me that either she can tell the features on phone or I can check it on iMobile or website. She told me that She only need my name and address in order to proceed further. I asked her to call me again tomorrow because I need time to check the features.
I checked my iMobile and also I contacted ICICI customer care after that, but I could not find this pre-approved offer there. What do you suggest, should I provide my details to her when I receive call again tomorrow? or This can be fraud call? Does ICICI bank provides such offers only on phone? Can I trust them?

Here is the update on this incident for those who might have received similar call.
3 days after first call, on 2 Jan 2024, I received another call. This time I recorded the call. she asked me to confirm my name and city name in order to proceed. She did not ask any other confidential details. She mentioned that I will receive upgraded credit card on registered address within 5-10 days. Even after 5 days, I did not receive any tracking number or any other details. I reached ICICI Twitter. They have assigned a support person on this case and he is investigating this case. He mentioned that upgrade request is not yet placed, but he is investigating the case and will update me.

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Here is the update on this incident for those who might have received similar call.
3 days after first call, on 2 Jan 2024, I received another call. This time I recorded the call. she asked me to confirm my name and city name in order to proceed. She did not ask any other confidential details. She mentioned that I will receive upgraded credit card on registered address within 5-10 days. Even after 5 days, I did not receive any tracking number or any other details. I reached ICICI Twitter. They have assigned a support person on this case and he is investigating this case. He mentioned that upgrade request is not yet placed, but he is investigating the case and will update me.
share full phone number

Finally, I received the 2 Sapphiro Credit Cards today (Amex and Master Card) which are Life time free as confirmed by the ICICI support team. ICICI support person also confirmed that the number from which I received the call on 2 Jan 2024 is official ICICI bank number.
Can you give me the details of the contact person who called you so I can upgrade my MMT Platinum card also?

Finally, I received the 2 Sapphiro Credit Cards today (Amex and Master Card) which are Life time free as confirmed by the ICICI support team. ICICI support person also confirmed that the number from which I received the call on 2 Jan 2024 is official ICICI bank number.
Hey are they really LTF ? well i did received similar call yesterday . Highly professional , just asked my full name , pin code and confirmed my address - they said I am eligible for saphhiro LTF card. It was just less than 5 mins . She confirmed no CIBIL hit and it's an internal upgrade. I was surprised becoz ICICI is one of the fraudulent bank which charges people heavily without their consent. I had a platinum which was offered as free and then later they applied yearly charges , for which i had to fight to revert the changes. This time I accepted it because she confirmed its LTF , unfortunately i had no option to record the call :D. I have stopped using platinum card as there are no benefits in it , but got coral rupay LTF card recently for UPI transactions. Not sure on what basis they are considering saphhiro LTF ! But whatever it is i am planning to keep it as backup and cancel the platinum .

Is it an upgrade or a new card for you ? Generally upgrade means old variant card will be deactivated - is that right ?
Also why did they sent 2 cards for you ? Did you check with customer care ?

I am aware that govt is pushing for rupay , so every bank is pushing for it . But ICICI is going the other way now - something strange out there .

nits123

TF Select
The phone number from which I received call for this offer is +912269490...
I received the call from same number in Dec'23 and i rejected the offer considering it as a spam....Luckily I read this thread today morning otherwise i would have again rejected the offer considering it as spam....Strangely, i received call from same number in the evening offering LTF sapphiro (Amex + Mastercard)..They asked me to confirm name and address. I was told, i will receive the LTF cards within 7 days...Lets see whether i will receive or not...I will update...

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
firstly congrats for dual sapphiro

did u raise request for sapphiro upgrade request via email/phone or twitter before receiving this call from ICICI?

sapphiro limit ? approx sal for month

my case : i have platinum card with 5L limit . my sal 1.56 L per month. i have requested for upgrade via email/ twitter route ... was denied both times

cc @nits123 @littlefinger please share ur update as well

did u raise request for sapphiro upgrade request via email/phone or twitter before receiving this call from ICICI?

my case : i have platinum card with 5L limit . my sal 1.56 L per month. i have requested for upgrade via email/ twitter route ... was denied both times

same question +1

Reactions: ast

I didnt raise any query. Well they called me and offered it without any terms and condition. I did emailed them about LTF offer. They said its free for both amex and mastercard version.

Just 1 month back i got coral rupay credit card from icici . Only thing is that I hold ICICI savings salary account - not sure whether thats the criteria. Well my limit was earlier 10 lacs, now suddenly limit increased to 15 lacs and shared between 4 cards - icici platinum , icici coral rupay , icici saphhiro amex, icici saphirro mastercard. I dont use icici credit cards, these are my just backup cards. Even if they close I dont mind. I am also interested in international lounge associated with saphirro.

Just talk to you relationship manager, they can help out. RMs have power to provide the best card.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I didnt raise any query. Well they called me and offered it without any terms and condition. I did emailed them about LTF offer. They said its free for both amex and mastercard version.

Just 1 month back i got coral rupay credit card from icici . Only thing is that I hold ICICI savings salary account - not sure whether thats the criteria. Well my limit was earlier 10 lacs, now suddenly limit increased to 15 lacs and shared between 4 cards - icici platinum , icici coral rupay , icici saphhiro amex, icici saphirro mastercard. I dont use icici credit cards, these are my just backup cards. Even if they close I dont mind. I am also interested in international lounge associated with saphirro.

Just talk to you relationship manager, they can help out. RMs have power to provide the best card.
even my salary account is with ICICI . hopefully one day i get upgrade as weell

is ur salary above 2L??