• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,098
Last edited:
Hi.
I have a DCB metal with credit limit of 8L. I upgraded to metal 4 months back. My take home salary is 2.55L. I have ICICI coral
Is there any way I can get an upgrade to Infinia based on current credit limit? My salary account is not in HDFC. I can try negotiating with RM that I can move my salary account to HDFC.
I have ICICI coral credit card with credit limit of 11.1L currently and just got a sapphiro LTF with 12.7L limit approved as well. Will these help in C2C mode? Any help would be appreciated
Shifting your salary account OR spending about 8L in 6 months(you dont have to wait for 6 months if you manage to spend it early) from your DCB metal can get you infinia metal easily.
Infinia can't be applied with C2C mode.

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Shifting your salary account OR spending about 8L in 6 months(you dont have to wait for 6 months if you manage to spend it early) from your DCB metal can get you infinia metal easily.
Well, my spends are already 9.5L in last 4 months. I asked my RM and she told Infinia can be applied. But later again she called and asked to bring more funds to savings account to show good balance, so that it will get approved for sure. She asked to bring in funds of 5L which can be withdrawn once the card gets approved.

However, 9.5L spends itself is a good eligibility I felt. Mailing to grievance would help?

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
For those who upgraded to infinia, once your RM/BM said you're eligible and they will apply for it, how long did it take for them to actually apply and how will you get the first update that it is applied/approved?

Hello everyone. Please help me out. I have tried for Months with Grievance and PNO Teams but they never consider my Requests.
I have Millenia with a 3L Limit issued in July 2023. Spent more than 10 Lakh during this period, I qualify for the 7.5L Spends Requirement in 6 Months. I also have Swiggy and Neu Infinity, with the UPI Floater Card too.
10L spent on Millenia, around 2.5L spent on the other three cards. All have a shared limit of 3L.
Please advise on me what to do... I retired some time back and I'm in the process of starting a Business, so, can't show any ITR File.
I asked them if Bank Statements work as proof since I could show around 75L+ per Year on spends through already saved money but I suppose that does not count as an indicator of financial stability for them...

My dcb was upgraded to dcb metal(10.28L limit) after 7-8 months. Now I have spent 8L in the 4 months old dcb metal. My in-hand net salary credit in hdfc bank is around 2.4L pm after deductions. CTC around 45 lpa and recently upgraded to imperia. Also have a home loan with hdfc and a car loan as well with hdfc fasttag 😬. I have been following up for infinia since last year. Now the response from the infinia services changed to somewhat hopeful like “wait for 6 months“. When I escalated, they again started sending “3.5L salary credit required “, “this is for selected customers “ blah blah. My question is should I keep trying or really there is such rule that hdfc can’t upgrade before current card is 6 months old.

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For those who upgraded to infinia, once your RM/BM said you're eligible and they will apply for it, how long did it take for them to actually apply and how will you get the first update that it is applied/approved?
after ur RM send upgrade request to Chennai, it will take 7 to 10 days to reflect in ur hdfc app

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well, my spends are already 9.5L in last 4 months. I asked my RM and she told Infinia can be applied. But later again she called and asked to bring more funds to savings account to show good balance, so that it will get approved for sure. She asked to bring in funds of 5L which can be withdrawn once the card gets approved.

However, 9.5L spends itself is a good eligibility I felt. Mailing to grievance would help?
first try the RM route. if it will not work then send mail to grievance. but for that with fulfilling spend criteria u need to fulfill 8L limit criteria also.

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
first try the RM route. if it will not work then send mail to grievance. but for that with fulfilling spend criteria u need to fulfill 8L limit criteria also.
Yeah you were right. My RM is total waste. She kept delaying, even after I spent 10L in 3-4 months, with a credit limit of 8L in DCB metal. She asked me to bring 5L funds to account so that it will 100% get approved. Even after doing that, she asked to shift salary account to HDFC. I just sent mail to priority redressal after this and within 3-4 days, they approved it and within 3-4 days after that, I now have Infinia metal!
But I miss the milestone benefits in this.

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are we sure Infinia doesnt work C2C with other bank cards having 10L limit? Then the first post on this thread from @TechnoFino can be edited to remove that option?

My dcb was upgraded to dcb metal(10.28L limit) after 7-8 months. Now I have spent 8L in the 4 months old dcb metal. My in-hand net salary credit in hdfc bank is around 2.4L pm after deductions. CTC around 45 lpa and recently upgraded to imperia. Also have a home loan with hdfc and a car loan as well with hdfc fasttag 😬. I have been following up for infinia since last year. Now the response from the infinia services changed to somewhat hopeful like “wait for 6 months“. When I escalated, they again started sending “3.5L salary credit required “, “this is for selected customers “ blah blah. My question is should I keep trying or really there is such rule that hdfc can’t upgrade before current card is 6 months old.
Mine got approved today 😄 Received an email with a form from MD desk to send for final approval FYF.

gmanthri90

TF Buzz
I have been using Regalia for 3 years now.
I spent close to 8L in the last 10 months. My limit is 9.3L
I sent an email for an upgrade to DCB today but they denied saying
"We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your credit card to Diners Black credit card. We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for a upgraded credit card at this point of time."
:(
Finally got an upgrade to DCB Metal FYF
Requested an upgrade again in Jan. Was asked to courier the filled upgrade form and supporting documents to the Chennai office. I had a pay hike in between the 2 requests so that helped 😁
Sent revised hike letter and payslips as supporting documents.

Finally got an upgrade to DCB Metal FYF
Requested an upgrade again in Jan. Was asked to courier the filled upgrade form and supporting documents to the Chennai office. I had a pay hike in between the 2 requests so that helped 😁
Sent revised hike letter and payslips as supporting documents.
DCB Metal LTF .. this is great .. I have DCB Plastic LTF

Swipeheart

TF Buzz
I got an upgrade to infinia metal FYF last day from Regalia LTF.
Had a credit limit of 9.3 lakh. But hardly any spends on the card for sometime now. Pre approved offer also was only for regalia gold.
Last month also was denied dcb metal when I send a mail for upgrade.
Earlier last month called virtual RM and requested infinia. Was told since spending is less require some head approval, she took the approval and got it finally