• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia LTF Regalia GOLD is better than Paid Infinia | Reward Points Calculations/Maths | INFINIA is OVERHYPED

nits123

TF Select
Ref to my recent post, Thanks everyone for your suggestions on Infinia Metal. I considered all points and did some calculations...There are 2 scenarios

1. If Spend is around 7.5 Lac (In normal scenario, Infinia is offered with this much spend..I am not considering special cases of LTF Infinia):

(a) Regalia Gold:
RP's: 20,000
Bonus RP's: 10,000 (5 Lac milestone)
Bonus RP's: 5,000 (8 Lac milestone)
Total RP's: 35,000
A = Value of RP's @ 30 paise = Rs 10,500 (Considering average redemption and not special cases like Gold catalogue/smartbuy flight @ 1:0.5)
B = Quarterly vouchers of Rs 1,500 X 4 = Rs 6,000
C = Flight Vouchers of Rs 5,000 X 2 = Rs 10,000 (5k @ 5 lac and 5k @ 7.5 lac) (Not considering airport drop voucher)
Total Benefit = A + B + C = Rs 26,500

(b) Infinia Metal:
RP's: 25,000
RP's for annual fees = 12,500
A = Value of RP's @ 50 paise = Rs 18,750 (Considering average redemption and not special cases)
B = Annual Fees = Rs 14,750
Net Benefits = A - B = Rs 4,000
Infinia Metal is a BIG loser in this case

Even if you consider RP's value at 1:1 where you have very limited choice to redeem
A = Value of RP's = 25,000
B = Annual Fees RP's value = 12,500
C = Annual Fees incl GST = Rs 14,750
Net Benefits = A + B - C = Rs 22,750
Benefits of Infinia Metal is way below Regalia Gold despite the fact, you will be forced to you redeem infinia RP's only in flight booking or buying apple products

2. If Spend is around 10 Lac

(a) Regalia Gold:
RP's: 26,666
Total RP's: 46,666
A = Value of RP's @ 30 paise = Rs 12,500 (Considering average redemption and not special cases like Gold catalogue)
C = Flight Vouchers of Rs 5,000 X 2 = Rs 10,000 (5k @ 5 lac and 5k @ 7.5 lac) (Not considering airport drop voucher)
Total Benefit = A + B + C = Rs 28,500

(b) Infinia Metal:
RP's: 33,000
RP's for annual fees = 0 (Annual Fees Waived off)
A = Value of RP's @ 50 paise = Rs 18,750 (Considering average redemption and not special cases)
B = Annual Fees = 0
Net Benefits = A - B = Rs 18,750

Even if you consider RP's value at 1:1 where you have very limited choice to redeem
A = Value of RP's = 33,000
B = Annual Fees = 0
Net Benefits = 33,000
Only 4.5k benefit compared to Regalia Gold which is actually less (refer to point #2 in final conclusion)

MY FINAL CONCLUSION:

1. Infinia Metal is only beneficial if you redeem rewards to book flights through smartbuy or apple products else it is a BIG LOSER compared to Regalia GOLD.
2. 1:1 redemption is actually not a 1:1 as you buy the flight ticket or apple product at FULL value and forego discounts available..This ratio is 1:0.85 (As shared by other experts)
3. Infinia Metal will give you serious stress to spend only on Infinia metal card and you might miss out on other great offers on other cards. Example: Currently Amex is giving maximum offers on Swiggy, Zomato, Blinkit etc.
4. Last but not the least, INFINIA is a OVERHYPED Card in my personal opinion. No offence to Infinia users.

I HAVE DECIDED TO DECLINE THE OFFER TO UPGRADE FROM LTF REGALIA GOLD TO PAID INFINIA.

I apologies if there is any error in my calculation...Kindly mention the same in the comments, I will correct it

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
OP's calculations are correct for a non traveler. Indeed for non travelers these premium cards become a silver beggar bowl i.e., no use , no one will give alms.
Even for non travellers the calculations are wrong. As it doesn't take advantage of card features I.e. smart buy. Everyone has utility bills, grocery, medicine, insurance spends etc. So there needn't be any manufactured spending.

Now I can respect someone who would choose convenience against rewards, but Ignoring the clear better alternative is not cool. What's worse is discounting other's points as "emotional arguments " even though those are methodical strategies.

techt

TF Legend
Even for non travellers the calculations are wrong. As it doesn't take advantage of card features I.e. smart buy. Everyone has utility bills, grocery, medicine, insurance spends etc. So there needn't be any manufactured spending.

Now I can respect someone who would choose convenience against rewards, but Ignoring the clear better alternative is not cool. What's worse is discounting other's points as "emotional arguments " even though those are methodical strategies.
utility bills, insurance how ? I mean earn and burn in terms of INR?

sidp

TF Ace
utility bills, insurance how ? I mean earn and burn in terms of INR?
Asv, agv. 30k/m.
You can get bb/hp pay/swiggy and many more at very discounted price. So you can cover >5L of genuine everyday spends.
For some people dcb can be better than infinnia because of quarterly milestone. But regalia gold no chance.
And for people with low travel expenses, there is tanishq as a redemption option.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Asv, agv. 30k/m.
You can get bb/hp pay/swiggy and many more at very discounted price. So you can cover >5L of genuine spends.
For some people dcb can be better than infinnia because of quarterly milestone. But regalia gold no chance.
And for people with low travel expenses, there is tanishq as a redemption option.
hp pay -- can't be counted for shell users.
swiggy -- hate food delivery services for the garbage they create.
ASV -- not that every year one buys 1Lakh worth phones

Mostly I will fall into APV for the max and it is just ~6.5% in cashback terms.

Animal

TF Premier

Every individual has different lifestyle. So one has to find which card suits best.

For some Axis ACE/SBI Cashback combination might be a better fit than Infinia.

parasf

TF Select
I upgraded my regalia first to INFINIA METAL on January 2024

If you use infinia at smartbuy only
You can easily get monthly 10000 rp

Herewith attached my 3 months rp

So check this and may be you should change your opinion

Attachments

• 17113730818338478840890274696766.jpg
    17113730818338478840890274696766.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68

sidp

TF Ace
That's like saying I like buying from smart bazaar. Won't buy from bb even though both sell exact same product.
There is also dineout option
There are so many things you can buy. If you say amazon only sells 1L Rs mobile, then Bezos wil have heart attack.
Let's say you have 4 members in your family and use 1 mobile for 4 years. Then also you are buying 1 every year.
Why cashback? You can also buy tanishq voucher and buy coins/bars. If you want real cashback, Even for diamond product I think they give 90% of invoice amount.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
That's like saying I like buying from smart bazaar. Won't buy from bb even though both sell exact same product.

There is also dineout option

There are so many things you can buy. Let's say you have 4 members in your family and use 1 mobile for 4 years. Then you are buying 1 every year.

Why cashback? You can also buy tanishq voucher and buy coins/bars. If you want real cashback, Even for diamond product I think they give 90% of invoice amount.
OK. Don't know about this.

mj01

TF Select
What is misleading? Share what is wrong in calculations:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . You do not have any answer so best way is to report and get the post deleted to massage self-ego.
I answered that already, as have many other people. Please go and check the thread properly. The fact that you want to selectively ignore posts pointing out your mistakes show that this post is nothing more than a clickbait.

Anyway I am reporting and unfollowing the thread. All the best with your propaganda.

deepcards

TF Premier
Also to add that for flight booking, max 70% is redeemable by points, 30% has to be paid by CC...If you are foregoing discount of Rs 1,000 (available on other websites) just to redeem points on smart buy and pro rate Rs 1,000 against redeemable points then the ratio of 1:0.85 will reduce further....
don't forget that you get 16.67% as RPs on this 30%.

sidp

TF Ace
Mind your language..Idiots think that everyone else is idiot :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
Why don't we do a poll & find out? 🤣

You still don't want to talk about smart buy multipliers or tanisq as redemption option after dozens of people pointed it out.

When you are discounting infinnia smart buy flights/hotels that much then why are you taking regalia's flight/quarterly voucher at face value?

What will happen when spend is <7.5L or when it is >15L? What will happen if you miss quarterly spend milestone?

You have intentionally made 10 assumptions and made a specific case where regalia gold could be better than infinnia. And even in that exact spend pattern a not so smart guy can extract more value through infinnia. But you want to completely ignore those methods. That's why people are saying your calculation are wrong. Cuz it is.

Last edited:
Ref to my recent post, Thanks everyone for your suggestions on Infinia Metal. I considered all points and did some calculations...There are 2 scenarios

1. If Spend is around 7.5 Lac (In normal scenario, Infinia is offered with this much spend..I am not considering special cases of LTF Infinia):

(a) Regalia Gold:
RP's: 20,000
Total RP's: 35,000
A = Value of RP's @ 30 paise = Rs 10,500 (Considering average redemption and not special cases like Gold catalogue/smartbuy flight @ 1:0.5)
Total Benefit = A + B + C = Rs 26,500

(b) Infinia Metal:
RP's: 25,000
RP's for annual fees = 12,500
B = Annual Fees = Rs 14,750
Net Benefits = A - B = Rs 4,000

A = Value of RP's = 25,000
B = Annual Fees RP's value = 12,500
C = Annual Fees incl GST = Rs 14,750
Net Benefits = A + B - C = Rs 22,750
Benefits of Infinia Metal is way below Regalia Gold despite the fact, you will be forced to you redeem infinia RP's only in flight booking or buying apple products

2. If Spend is around 10 Lac

(a) Regalia Gold:
RP's: 26,666
Total RP's: 46,666
A = Value of RP's @ 30 paise = Rs 12,500 (Considering average redemption and not special cases like Gold catalogue)
Total Benefit = A + B + C = Rs 28,500

(b) Infinia Metal:
RP's: 33,000
RP's for annual fees = 0 (Annual Fees Waived off)
B = Annual Fees = 0
Net Benefits = A - B = Rs 18,750

A = Value of RP's = 33,000
B = Annual Fees = 0
Net Benefits = 33,000
Only 4.5k benefit compared to Regalia Gold which is actually less (refer to point #2 in final conclusion)

MY FINAL CONCLUSION:

1. Infinia Metal is only beneficial if you redeem rewards to book flights through smartbuy or apple products else it is a BIG LOSER compared to Regalia GOLD.
2. 1:1 redemption is actually not a 1:1 as you buy the flight ticket or apple product at FULL value and forego discounts available..This ratio is 1:0.85 (As shared by other experts)
3. Infinia Metal will give you serious stress to spend only on Infinia metal card and you might miss out on other great offers on other cards. Example: Currently Amex is giving maximum offers on Swiggy, Zomato, Blinkit etc.
4. Last but not the least, INFINIA is a OVERHYPED Card in my personal opinion. No offence to Infinia users.

I HAVE DECIDED TO DECLINE THE OFFER TO UPGRADE FROM LTF REGALIA GOLD TO PAID INFINIA.

I apologies if there is any error in my calculation...Kindly mention the same in the comments, I will correct it
How you added points of 8L milestone in 7.5L spend?
Also just consider if 1-2L out of 7.5L is spent on e-commerce (clothes, shoes, groceries and so on). And that is spent via vouchers bought from Smartbuy. That will mean around 20k extra points for Infinia.
Also if there is flight bookings for 50k and hotel booking for another 50k. That will again give 20k extra points.
Also unlimited lounge access for all add-on cards.

Last edited: