• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Zero balance account for maids

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I am looking to open a zero-balance account with minimal charges for my maid. I tried with AU Bank but they have very limited serviceable locations and they are checking serviceable locations as per the permanent address, not the communication address. Following things to be considered:

• Minimum debit card charges but physical card is needed to withdraw cash from ATM.
  • Will mainly be used to take salary as UPI payments.
  • Aadhar address is in remote location (some village in Odisha).
  • Presently working in metro city but doesn't have any address proof for the same.

Sevendar@01

TF Premier
But he wants physical card so that he can withdraw money from ATM.
bro just open a sbi zero balance savings account for your maid as everything will be free. He will get 3 non sbi atm and 5 sbi atm withdrawal in a month and 10 cheque leaves book for free in one financial year, sms charges are also nil, just get him a sbi global debit card as it is the lowest variant debit card from sbi with a annual charges of 125+gst and joinig charge is 0 for this debit card @TechnoFino also recommend this account for zero balance. You can watch his video.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Union Bank of India - A/c with Cheque book - INR 1000, without Cheque Book - 500
ATM basic is free to 100/year, can be free based on account type selected.

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I would suggest if you want to open an account in Public Limited Bank then go with Bob or else if your maid has a basic smartphone with internet then you can use Bank on Fi or any other neo bank.

I checked FI money. It says only working professionals can apply.

Who is eligible?
We’re currently open only to Working Professionals who reside in India.

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For zero balance best is sbi.... Less debit card charges and more network....

He already has SBI savings account but they froze it due to some KYC issues. I guess the zero balance SBI savings account has some cappings on deposits and withdrawals. Now they are asking to visit the home branch and do the KYC again but my maid can't go as of now. I was shocked to hear he had to pay Rs500/- to open a bank account from his village.

AsB

TF Ace
Hi all,

I am looking to open a zero-balance account with minimal charges for my maid. I tried with AU Bank but they have very limited serviceable locations and they are checking serviceable locations as per the permanent address, not the communication address. Following things to be considered:

• Minimum debit card charges but physical card is needed to withdraw cash from ATM.
  • Presently working in metro city but doesn't have any address proof for the same.
Have you considered BSBDA Account with a Govt. Bank ?

mukundstud

TF Premier
He already has SBI savings account but they froze it due to some KYC issues. I guess the zero balance SBI savings account has some cappings on deposits and withdrawals. Now they are asking to visit the home branch and do the KYC again but my maid can't go as of now. I was shocked to hear he had to pay Rs500/- to open a bank account from his village.
I think the real issue is that her Aadhaar Address does not match with her present address. The best thing will be to correct her Aadhaar Address first, then open a 0 balance account of any liking. If she does not have any proof of her present address, the best thing for her will be to approach the Municipal Councillor of her ward, and get an affidavit from him/her as a proof of her address. Then change the Aadhaar address through that affadavit, and done. Now you can help her open a bank account online easily. You also have to take care that she also has got a PAN number. But getting or changing PAN is a cakewalk if your Aadhaar details are correct and it is linked to an accessible mobile number. If she wants her home address back in her Aadhaar, she can do so whenever she goes back to her village(through her village Pradhaan).

And according to me, it is best to open her a bank account in SBI. If her Jan Dhan account is freezed, she can open a new account in SBI itself and close her current jan dhan account, if it is OK for her. I have done the same for a kid who was facing the similar issue of Jan Dhan Account freeze in SBI. If she does not want to close her Jan Dhan account, then you can go for any other PSB or a Private Bank(But I have seen that they simply want to avoid catering the poor section of the society). For now, SBI is 0 balance(but required ₹3000 to be maintained before Covid). It has debit card charges of ₹125+GST, which is one of the lowest for a physical debit card(among the major banks).

Also, DO print the Passbook for her after opening her bank account, so that she will have an address proof of the Metro City with her whenever she changes her Aadhaar address back to her home village.

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
Hi all,

You can also change her Aadhar Address by requesting for a Aadhar PIN for Address change.

mukundstud

TF Premier
You can also change her Aadhar Address by requesting for a Aadhar PIN for Address change.
As far as I know, that facility has been discontinued for now. Last time I tried requesting for Aadhaar PIN through Post, it was never delivered. But at that time Covid of just receding after reaching its peak.