• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank credit card LTF cheat, need help dealing with it

xfactcc

TF Premier
Dear members,

In August, I received a phone call from a Yes Bank rep who told me I have pre-approved LTF Rewards Plus credit card (post realisation of reversible joining fee) and around 2 lakh credit limit. Based on that I gave consent via OTP and card was processed, this call wasn't recorded as my phone doesn't natively support it or I thought it will be needed later. I received ads from bank thereafter on how to reverse joining fee by spend criteria (without mention of annual fee) etc. which I did, further convincing me that my card is truly LTF after joining fee charged (and reversed).

When I received the card, I got a paltry Rs. 20,000 credit limit. Now from hunch I did another query, and then came to know that it is not LTF, there will be annual fee.
Also found out he has botched my application form with invented and random information at least in 12 fields.

The relief I am seeking is, that bank must honour its commitment made to me during giving consent that the card will be LTF and have around 2 lakh credit limit.

I reached Yes Bank with it, and in each step they have maintained that no mis-commitment/sales error were made by the representative, all the way from head.servicequality to presidential.complaints. They are asking for proof like call record. I have put the representative's name, phone number, ID card, WhatsApp chat, and evidence of the credit card application with wrong information, yet they are asking to provide proof.

I also received calls from their end, when I asked them what's their proof that 'no miscommunication is made', they are simply repeating that I applied the card myself after knowing everything hence no error is made. I have been fighting this for nearly 6 months now.

Fortunately the first representative called me yesterday again as a result of these escalations and I told him what he has done and he tacitly accepted it and requested me not to go further but I dismissed (my job will be gone yada yada...), and I recorded the call this time.

What should be done? Should I approach the RBI BO with the call record, or before that I should send it to presidential.complaints? If yes, how to upload call record file to RBI BO?

I got inspired by this thread https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/yes-bank-credit-card-escalation-to-md-ceo-ltf-yes-first-exclusive-credit-card-approved-after-multiple-rejection.863/ by @souvikdey2002 and determined to bring this to justice.

The complaint is currently escalated to highest level afik i.e., presidential.complaints@yesbank.in, and I am actively using the card.

Any tips and helps are deeply appreciated. Please tag someone who may be able to help me with the case.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Dear members,

In August, I received a phone call from a Yes Bank rep who told me I have pre-approved LTF Rewards Plus credit card (post realisation of reversible joining fee) and around 2 lakh credit limit. Based on that I gave consent via OTP and card was processed, this call wasn't recorded as my phone doesn't natively support it or I thought it will be needed later. I received ads from bank thereafter on how to reverse joining fee by spend criteria (without mention of annual fee) etc. which I did, further convincing me that my card is truly LTF after joining fee charged (and reversed).

When I received the card, I got a paltry Rs. 20,000 credit limit. Now from hunch I did another query, and then came to know that it is not LTF, there will be annual fee.
Also found out he has botched my application form with invented and random information at least in 12 fields.

The relief I am seeking is, that bank must honour its commitment made to me during giving consent that the card will be LTF and have around 2 lakh credit limit.

I reached Yes Bank with it, and in each step they have maintained that no mis-commitment/sales error were made by the representative, all the way from head.servicequality to presidential.complaints. They are asking for proof like call record. I have put the representative's name, phone number, ID card, WhatsApp chat, and evidence of the credit card application with wrong information, yet they are asking to provide proof.

I also received calls from their end, when I asked them what's their proof that 'no miscommunication is made', they are simply repeating that I applied the card myself after knowing everything hence no error is made. I have been fighting this for nearly 6 months now.

Fortunately the first representative called me yesterday again as a result of these escalations and I told him what he has done and he tacitly accepted it and requested me not to go further but I dismissed (my job will be gone yada yada...), and I recorded the call this time.

What should be done? Should I approach the RBI BO with the call record, or before that I should send it to presidential.complaints? If yes, how to upload call record file to RBI BO?

I got inspired by this thread https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/yes-bank-credit-card-escalation-to-md-ceo-ltf-yes-first-exclusive-credit-card-approved-after-multiple-rejection.863/ by @souvikdey2002 and determined to bring this to justice.

The complaint is currently escalated to highest level afik i.e., presidential.complaints@yesbank.in, and I am actively using the card.

Any tips and helps are deeply appreciated. Please tag someone who may be able to help me with the case.
Seems like I've read this story before 😂.

But RBI ombudsman is only way as you've proof for agent too now.

bismaj

TF Select
Dear members,

Recently happened with me and got limit of 15K only.. I just raised complaint to close the card via email.... Call came from backend team but they cannot make it LTF . I told them to close the card... Then their retention team called me up and made the card LTF. And gave me two options either choose limit enhancement or card upgrade, i chose card upgrade but will remain LTF.... And he reactivated my card, but that still didn't occured and i will call them up yet again or close the card.

xfactcc

TF Premier
Recently happened with me and got limit of 15K only.. I just raised complaint to close the card via email.... Call came from backend team but they cannot make it LTF . I told them to close the card... Then their retention team called me up and made the card LTF. And gave me two options either choose limit enhancement or card upgrade, i chose card upgrade but will remain LTF.... And he reactivated my card, but that still didn't occured and i will call them up yet again or close the card.
Thanks for sharing! This gives me a good precedent to work with.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Dear members,

Same story here, https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/marquee-credit-card-beware-of-scams-i-got-tricked.23252/
Went to RBI and they did everything to pacify me apart from giving LTF marquee

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Yes bank agents have been doing this for forever. I have experienced it. Had to close the card. Now whenever someone calls me and offers LTF YB card, I tell them that I will be recording their LTF offer claim and also they have to send me an email regarding this from their authorized YB agent mail and see then running away.

AsB

TF Ace
It happened with me. And my fraud was directly from the branch. The only mistake I did was not complain to RBI, despite having proof. So, even Presidential escalation didnt help and they said that they would waive first year fee. That would be all.

I cancelled the card. But, after a few months, I got a call from branch again. Bcoz I had saved the number. This time, again, I got lollipop of LTF card. I scolded the person like anything and warned him not to call me back.

So, escalate it to RBI asap