• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Role of internal ombudsman in credit card grievances

FinoGuy

TF Ace
What is the role of internal ombudsman during resolution of credit card grievances?
I raised complaint with axis credit card at level 1 and got reply "the bank's stand in this matter has been reviewed with internal ombudsman". I had complained on non-receipt of welcome vouchers.
I really didn't get it! Did the level 1 guy went to meet internal ombudsman personally to take opinion??

Last edited:

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Every level of the dispute chain should be attacked.

And if satisfactory resolution is not given, you should escalate.

This is the hierarchy:

Merchant -> payment gateway -> bank -> rbi -> (hope you never reach this level) district court -> high court -> Supreme court -> Modiji -> President
Where is internal ombudsman in this chain? Where is he hiding??

D₹V

TF Prestige
What is the role of internal ombudsman during resolution of credit card grievances?
I raised complaint with axis credit card at level 1 and got reply "the bank's stand in this matter has been reviewed with internal ombudsman". I had complained on non-receipt of welcome vouchers.
I really didn't get it! Did the level 1 guy went to meet internal ombudsman personally to take opinion??
I also think ombudsman has nothing to do in these.

They just sit & relax.