• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

WHAT TO DO WITH EXTRA BALANCE IN BANK?

Bob78900

TF Premier
I Have some extra money which i don't need for sometime. I was thinking to move some amount in fd my account is in icici bank one of the executive said transfer some of the amount in linked fd. Can anyone tell me is this good option to do? Can i withdraw before mature time.? Please tell only about icici bank.

TF Ace
TF Family
Best opinion is linked FD
You can use the money anytime

My whole balance in ICICI is in linked FD
It's like bank balance in FD, exactly this. Savings interest of 5.45%. I can't stress enough about how good us this.

I'll probably write a thread about linked FD soon given so many people are enquiring about this.
Can you tell the process to enable linked FD for ICICI and HDFC?

Bob78900

TF Premier

It's like bank balance in FD, exactly this. Savings interest of 5.45%. I can't stress enough about how good us this.

I'll probably write a thread about linked FD soon given so many people are enquiring about this.
I can withdraw the money anytime? Like what i only have 20k in my account other than fd and 10k is in fd. And i have to make a 30 k payment. Will be able to do that? Or first I have to withdraw from fd then transfer it to main balance and then do the payment?
And is there any charges if i withdraw it before mature date

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

do make a thread. would like to know the experience and if hdfc provide such facility or auto sweep is the same thing then would like to understand everything in detail

AllSeeker

TF Ace
SB Max acc has sweep-in feature which will auto-debit from FD while bank balance is zero.
Sweep-in can be activated after making FD.
All balance above 1 Lakh also goes into FD automatically
Yes, I looked it up, seems to be overall better than ICICI, but MAB is 25k or FD relationship of 1.5 lacs for metro.

This is a good product. I'll go for this, I don't like ICICI personally speaking <.<