• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are some good 0 Balance accounts for students ?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Thank you all in advance! :))

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Was hdfc account number generated? If no then check out this thread once:-

varun__goel_

TF Legend
At this time you have sufficient accs, if HDFC is also considered .... Will surely recommend you to get IDFC future first as most probably you are a college student. No charges at all, no nonsense account, zero balance.

Last edited:

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
At this time you have sufficient accs, if HDFC is also considered .... Will surely recommend you to get IDFC future first as most probably you are a college student. No charges at all, no nonsense account, zero balance.
Want to get HDFC one so that we get an easyshop plat dc so I can also pay bills for my parents cc as bills tend to be upwards of 175k each month lol. So rn, 2 accounts are already there in HDFC so upto 150k covered by 2 easyshop plat dc as of now so 3rd one will increase it to 225k

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Was hdfc account number generated? If no then check out this thread once:-
Ahh no. I just got this email but since then no other communication.

Attachments

• Hi.jpg
    Hi.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 44

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the suggestion of IDFC first account. Will have a look, thanks!

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Doubt regarding idfc account after completion of college does it remain zero balance account??
Yes yess, folks in this forum have been holding this acc at the age of 30-40 with 0 bal, obviously by big ip cheques🤣🤣
But in reality no ip is required for this, just show your student id to them. Just the branch should agree to open this acc

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Don't go above 2-3 account..

As your parents have hdfc & icici top tier account.. just ask the rm to open a account for you under the family banking.. will get same benefits..

Note - kotak 811 only good for small upi transaction,, don't put lakhs in there..

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't go above 2-3 account..

As your parents have hdfc & icici top tier account.. just ask the rm to open a account for you under the family banking.. will get same benefits..

Note - kotak 811 only good for small upi transaction,, don't put lakhs in there..
Hmm sure. Will do icici and Hdfc. The Kotak 811 is going to be used by my dad actually, mainly for transferring shares and all and for other demat things. I'll only have icici, Hdfc and actually might open the IDFC one

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes yess, folks in this forum have been holding this acc at the age of 30-40 with 0 bal, obviously by big ip cheques🤣🤣
But in reality no ip is required for this, just show your student id to them. Just the branch should agree to open this acc
Oh nice. So I just take my student Id card, aadhar and pan and they can process?? If so that's awesome!